10+ Wedding Tag Templates
Wedding stationeries will not be complete without matching wedding tags. So if you are in the middle of planning your own or someone else’s wedding today, check out this article as we share tips on how to create the best wedding tag design for any wedding theme.
In this article, we also share multiple examples of downloadable wedding tag templates and designs that any wedding planner may use as a base tag design or pattern. All these templates are fully editable to make it easier for you to tailor-fit each template for the wedding ceremony and party you are planning.
Elements of A Good Wedding Tag
A wedding tag is one of the myriad accessories that is used for weddings. They are small pieces of paper or cardstock that are then attached to various objects to identify, label, and/or describe them. As with any important milestone events, wedding tags should be well-designed and follow the overarching wedding motif. Wedding tags are often confused as wedding labels.
Listed below are a few essential features or characteristics that should be found in a wedding tag design. Apply most of these elements into any tag design and you are guaranteed to have a compelling wedding tag. Find out what these elements are below.
1. Wedding Theme: As we have mentioned earlier, a wedding tag design should follow the official wedding motif or theme. By making sure that your wedding tag design incorporates the same theme elements, the wedding tag will not stand out amongst other wedding stationeries and decorations during the wedding ceremony or at the wedding party.
2. Layout: The wedding tag’s design layout is another characteristic that any tag design should embody. An organized tag layout helps make a wedding tag appear more readable. It also allows the designer to give equal importance to any text or graphic element used in the design. Remember, the simpler the tag layout, the more useful it will be to your wedding guests.
3. Shape: Another essential feature that helps make an excellent wedding tag design is the tag’s shape. Since most wedding tags are attached to various other objects used during a wedding, they need to stand out so that they will be read first. One way to accomplish this is to choose various shapes for wedding tag. In this article alone, we feature wedding tags that follow round and rectangular shapes. You may still choose other wedding tag shapes that you think will work for your wedding.
4. Hanging Mechanism: In order for wedding tags to easily be attached to an object, they need to have pre-punched holes for a string or tie to loop in. Or, they may have peel-off stickers, built-in clips, or other forms of attachment mechanisms. As a wedding planner, you need to think of these things to ensure that any object, decor, or accouterment can easily be identified with a wedding tag.
5. Paper Type: Lastly, wedding tags, just like gift tags, are most effective when they are printed on high-quality paper or cardstock. Choose paper that has the same texture, pattern, or color that is used in all your other wedding stationeries (just like the paper used for your wedding invitation cards). By doing this, you are helping establish the central design motif for your wedding – making the whole wedding appear more put together.
You have learned the top five elements that any wedding tag design should embody for them to become effective tag designs. Study each characteristics and begin looking into how you may apply them on your wedding stationery designs.
10+ Wedding Tag Templates
Embedded below are ten wedding tag templates that anyone may download and use for their own weddings. Each template is available in various file formats to make it easier to edit using a compatible software program.
Bridal Shower Tag Template
Favor Tag Template for Weddings
Floral Wedding Tag Sample
Free Wedding Gift Tag Design
Round Wedding Thank You Tag Example
Thank You Favor Tag Template
Wedding Favor Tag Sample
Wedding Invitation Tag Sample
Wedding Luggage Tag Template
Wedding Thank You Tag Template
Simple Tips For an Excellent Wedding Tag
Designing any kind of wedding stationery needs special skill. After all, anyone planning a wedding would want to make sure that everything looks fabulous on their wedding day. That is why we are sharing a few simple tips that could help you create excellent wedding tags. These tips may also be applied to creating other kinds of wedding stationeries.
1. Details Matter: Despite their small size, well-designed wedding tags can help make a wedding appear more organized and well-planned. It gives off the impression that the couple (and their wedding planner) put every effort into making the event special and memorable. When designing your own wedding tag, make sure that they are not just blank tags with printed markings. Put a little effort into incorporating your wedding logo or adding a nice little illustration.
2. Experiment With Non-Traditional Tag Sizes: Most pre-made wedding tags follow the traditional rectangular tag size. But if you want to make your wedding to be as memorable as possible, using other shapes for your wedding tags can make the difference. You may choose round tags, scalloped wedding tags, or even other irregular geometric shapes.
3. Incorporate Other Printing Techniques: Do not limit yourself by using traditional laser or inkjet printed wedding tags. There are now modern printing and post-printing techniques that could be used to make your wedding labels and tags more attractive. For example, you may have embossed wedding tags, cut-out wedding tags, and even gold foil wedding tags. Choose a printing method that will best emphasize the tag’s congruence to your wedding theme.
4. Keep It Simple: Despite all the design tips that we have shared above, always remember that the simpler the tag design, the more effective it can be. Maintain the careful balance between a minimalist design and a gaudy one. Take a look at the downloadable examples embedded above so that you will have an idea of what may work as a simple yet visually pleasing wedding tag design.
5. Choose high-quality paper: As we have mentioned earlier, using thicker and high-quality paper can make all the difference with any wedding tag design. Doing this will help increase the perceived value and effort put into creating the wedding accessory. Also, make sure that you do not waste the use of nice paper. Combine it with an equally captivating tag design too.
And there you have it! A few tips on how to transform a simple wedding tag into something extraordinary and memorable. Study these tips and find out how you can apply them to your own wedding tag designs. For more examples of printable wedding tag templates, check out the rest of our website.
What to Write in a Wedding Tag
We all know that wedding tags, or other kinds of printed tags in general, are only small pieces of paper used to mark an object. Due to this reason, you need to make sure that any text or graphics placed on the tag should be done thoughtfully for maximum effect. Listed below are the most important pieces of information or design elements that may be included in a wedding tag.
- Name of the recipient
- Name or description of the object
- Focal design or graphic
- Punched or cut-out hole
- Small space to write a handwritten message (optional)
- Name and date of the event
Types of Wedding Tags
Wedding tags may be classified according to what kind of object they are attached to. Listed below are various types of wedding tags according to this categorization system:
- Wedding Favor Tags
- Wedding Gift Tags
- Wedding Thank You Tags
- Wedding Luggage Tags
- Wedding Invitation Tags
Wedding Tag Sizes
Most wedding tags follow 2.13 inches by 4 inches print size. However, this is not a standard printing size. Wedding planners and designers may still use other custom tag sizes depending on their personal preferences.
Wedding Tag FAQs
What is a wedding tag template?
A wedding tag template is a pre-made printable file that includes all the design and text elements needed to create a wedding tag. These pre-formatted digital files are often created by enterprising graphic designers and artist. Each tag template is fully editable as long as you have a software tool compatible with the template file.
What is the difference between a wedding tag and a wedding label?
The main difference between a wedding tag and a wedding label lies on how they are attached to an object. Wedding labels are often stuck unto an object or wrapper while wedding tags (especially in the case of wedding gift tags) are tied or hung around an object used for a wedding.
What graphic design software tools are used to create a wedding tag?
The most common graphic design software tools used to create a wedding tag are Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Other tools like Microsoft Word and Publisher may also be used.
Be ready to complete your wedding stationeries and accessories by creating matching wedding tags. Use any of the free wedding tag templates found in this article and you will be all set. Good Luck and Best Wishes!