10+ Hotel Website Templates
Managing a hotel means trying to promote a business that provides people with a home away from home, while at the same time, making them feel safe and secured. Of course, hotels will claim to have all those in order for them to gain guests and to convey a trustworthy image.
Because reaching out physically to the people is not the best and probably isn’t the most practical marketing strategy ever, you can choose to promote your business through a website. Thankfully, we can help you out with our hotel website templates that you can download, edit, and publish on the web.
Elements of a Good Hotel Website
1. Easy navigation: A good website design should always be easy to navigate, and all the menus and tabs should be fully accessible from any page. From the audience’s perspective, it should be easy for them to know where they are in the website and where to find the things that they are looking for. One good way to make this possible is by providing a site map, it can be of very good use when needed.
2. Stunning visual design: People are more attracted to things that they see than those that they perceive using the other four senses, which is why utilizing mesmerizing and attractive graphics is an excellent way to make your website very appealing.
3. Informative content: Whatever you do with your other elements, always ensure that your content is as informative as it needs to be, this is considered to be the backbone of the website. The reason why people visit your site in the first place is to gather information from your content, which is why it should not only be informative, but also easy to read and concise.
4. Web friendly: You can never expect every site visitor to be as well-versed in using the internet as others, which is why no matter how beautiful and informative your website is, people won’t stay through it if it’s not web-friendly. This element should go hand in hand with easy navigation, wherein when visitors come to the website in order to get the information they need, they will be able to do so hassle-free.
5. Intuitiveness: A good website knows how to anticipate what their visitors need and knows how to cater to their demands. Also, a good website arranges their elements in a way that makes sense, like if a visitor is looking for something on a search engine where your website is listed, you should ensure that your website’s landing page is relevant to what they typed on the search engine rather than to have them filter it out themselves.
10+ Hotel Website Templates
Simple Hotel Website Template
Hotel Multipage HTML5 Website Template
Responsive Hotel Website Template
Hotel Booking WordPressTheme
Modern Hotel Responsive Multipage Website Template
Elegant Hotel Website Template
Multipurpose Hotel WordPress Theme
Hotel Responsive Theme Example
Modern Hotel & Spa WordPress Theme
Hotels Responsive Website Template
Luxury Hotel Joomla Template
Steps to Designing a Good Hotel Website
1. Choosing a website builder: The first thing that you will need to do before building a website is choosing a builder, and you can choose from multiple ones such as Wix, Weebly, and WordPress, to name a few. When choosing a website builder, go for the one that is most user-friendly and allows you to make the most on your website.
2. Picking a domain name: A domain name refers to part of the web address that appears on the browser’s search bar, and this is what users use in order to be directed to a website. When choosing your domain, you can either go with free ones—which contains an extension to the URL—or you can invest on paid domain registrars.
3. Downloading a template: Website templates are available all over the internet, and they provide you with assistance with your website building process. How is that? By designing the website halfway and leaving it up to you to make the final touches. As you have seen from the ten samples that we have provided above, the websites is already close to being finished, and will only require a few modifications before it can be published.
4. Editing the template: As mentioned earlier, templates are already halfway done and will only need minor modifications, and this is the step where you will be doing all that.
5. Test running: After making the necessary changes, don’t publish the website just yet, you will need to test run it first. Here, check if the website is responsive enough and try to decide if the website still needs further editing.
6. Publishing the website: And of course, the last step of the process is to publish the website, but that doesn’t mean it’s all over from there. A good website needs to be updated every once in a while, whether its the look of the website or the content. It is important that people get something new from your website the next time they visit it, or else, the won’t have any more reason to come back.
Simple Tips for an Excellent Hotel Website Layout
- Use unique and large fonts to make it easy for visitors to read your content. However, with regards to unique fonts, ensure that your chosen font is appropriate to the theme of your website and your overall business, as well as ensure that the font is indeed legible.
- Adding a background video may seem like a lot of work, but it will surely pay off in the end. A background video can totally add a lot to a web page, and they can be used to tell a story or to explain the great features about your hotel. This way, instead of having to look for the information themselves, the information is brought directly to the users.
- A semi-flat layout would be a great look for your website, not only will it make the page appear cleaner, it can also help the website load much quicker. The flat theme has become a trend over the recent years, which makes this theme a very appealing one nowadays.
- The use of strong color palettes can contribute to the cohesiveness of the website, and that alone can attract a lot of visitors. But when using colors, don’t use too many or else your website may end up looking cluttered or distracting. The best number for this would be between two to three colors in a major design element.
- And lastly, the use of white space. We’re guessing this isn’t the first time you have heard of the word, but if it is, then you should know that white space is very important in designs. The reason behind this is because white space allows elements to stand out as well as help in achieving a cleaner, much organized overall look.
Types of Websites
1. E-commerce website: E-commerce refers to the activity of buying or selling products through the internet, it actually utilizes technologies such as electronic fund transfer, mobile commerce, internet marketing, electronic data interchange, online transaction processing, and automated data collection, just to name a few. E-commerce websites are all over the internet, and they are being used by both small and large companies. The websites that offer e-commerce services include an online shopping cart and a way of providing payment details.
2. Business website: From the name itself, this type of website is a collectively any website that is intended to represent a business. Just like the business itself, this website should be branded and be able to communicate the type of products and services that the business offers. In today’s generation, a business that doesn’t have its own website will end up looking less professional or legitimate. But not only that, those businesses will end up not being noticed by the people since most potential customers look to the internet to find information regarding a business and its products and services.
3. Entertainment website: Many users browse the internet for entertainment purposes, wherein they want to read about interesting news or something that funny. These websites are referred to as entertainment websites, and while they seem like they don’t make money, they actually do but in a different way. E-commerce and business websites make profit from the payments made by their customers, while entertainment websites get it from the advertisements that show up on the page. If your content is able to entertain the audience, then they will keep coming back for new content, or they may also spread the word for other people to know.
4. Portfolio website: A portfolio website is a type of website that is specifically intended to showcase a business’ or an individual’s previous work. This type of website is actually much simpler to build than the previous types and is more focused on a particular task, which is collecting work samples. A portfolio website is most commonly used by creative professionals and freelancers who are hired based on shown examples of their past work.
5. Media website: This type of website can either be informative or entertaining depending on the type of content being shown. There are various media websites that you can find on the internet, some providing only audio while other providing both audio and video. These websites are now the alternative to televisions and radios since they provide people with almost the same content, they will even allow audience to choose what they want to watch.
6. Brochure website: A brochure website is just like the business type, but is a simplified version. This type of website is common among small businesses, wherein they don’t have enough resources to build an actual business website, and would instead build a much simpler brochure website just to have an online presence. Just like a business website, this type of website has pages showcasing the business and its products and services, but the number of pages here are fewer and are limited to only the most basic information that a prospect needs to know.
7. Non-profit website: Non-profit websites are basically a type of website used by non-profit organizations, especially those that are associated to the church. This type of website is considered as the easiest way for these organizations to convey their cause and to get donations from the people. You can use the website to promote projects, encourage people to take action, and again, for accepting donations.
8. Educational website: This is the type of website that offers online tutorials, courses, or any educational content for its viewers. The goal of these websites is to either provide educational materials to visitors, or to provide information on an educational institution to them. Just like other types of websites, some educational websites will have advertisements and will even offer subscriptions and educational products for purchase.
9. Personal website: Not all websites are meant for making money or gaining a profit, some are just for an individual’s personal use. Examples of these include social media and blogging sites, wherein they are intended simply to share a person’s daily experiences, travels, and many more. While these aren’t meant to make money, some of these will eventually end up generating income if the website becomes highly popular.
FAQs about Hotel Websites
What is a website?
A website refers to a main location on the internet that contains more than just a single web page. In other words, a website is a series of web pages.
Even if you aren’t very familiar with the process of designing a website or how to improve one in order to make it worth visiting, our templates and guidelines can surely help you out. So what’s keeping you? Go ahead and start downloading a template so you can start making your own hotel website.