Somewhere in our website, we have talked about hotels and hotel These articles are perfect for those who are managing a hotel and want to promote a comfortable and secure home away from home experience. This time around, we will be talking about resorts and resort websites.
The most obvious difference between hotels and resorts is the fact that the latter is either situated near a beach or has a swimming pool as one of its amenities. If you are managing one and you wish to promote it through a website, then we have an entire collection of website templates for you.
Elements of a Good Resort Website
1. A clear message: Do you know the purpose of your website or what you wish to achieve with it? If you do, then you should communicate that to your visitors, it is always better to provide audiences with information of who you are and what you do.
2. A consistent theme: In terms of web design, the theme should match with the one that is associated with the brand. The branding should always be consistent all throughout the web pages in order to establish a credible image that visitors can trust. Having a consistent theme is applicable not only on web designs, but on other tools that are used by the business.
3. A well-organized layout: When speaking of a well-organized layout, we are referring to a website that’s relatively easy to navigate that even those who are quite illiterate with computers can manage. When people visit your website, their main goal is to look for certain information about your resort, make it a point that they would be able to find that information in five clicks or less.
4. Optimized for search engines: In connection to being able to find the information they need in the least amount of time possible, you should optimize your website for search engines in order for it to be easily seen on the internet in general. Make sure to target keywords that are relevant to your resort website using the page titles, headings, and its overall content. Also, you should work on good quality backlinks in order for external sites to put a link that will be directed back to you.
5. High quality content: What exactly is high quality content? It refers to the content that are worth reading that even search engines would want to feature them. In other words, these content are original, interesting, and ranks well.
6. Connections to social media: Most internet users nowadays have their own social media account, some for personal purposes while others for business. Because of this, it would be an advantage for you if you would include social media links and buttons on all your pages. You may even use these social media tools in different ways: they can be used to redirect visitors to your social media page, or they can also be used by visitors to share your content to their own social media account.
7. Testimonials and reviews: How else could you make your business even more credible other than by gathering reviews or testimonials from past clients and adding them on the website. The advantage of this element is that it provides visitors with an entirely new perspective of your business, and this can indeed help in building your business’ credibility.
8. Contact details: And of course, what good can a business website do if it doesn’t indicate the business’ contact details? Make your contact details easy to find, and accompany it with a call to action to encourage people to do what you’re asking from them.
10 Resort Website Templates
Responsive Resort and Hotel HTML Template
Resort Website Example
Creative Resort Website Template
Printable Resort & Hotel Website Theme
Resort Dinner Joomla Template
Resort and Hotel HTML Template
Responsive Multipage Resort Website Template
Modern Resort WordPress Theme
Hotel & Resort WordPress Theme
Hotel, Spa & Resort Multipurpose WordPress Theme
Steps to Designing a Good Resort Website
1. Choose a website builder that works for you: Before you can even start to make your website, you should have already decided on what website builder to use. Speaking of website builders, there are quite a number of them, go for the one that’s easy to use and highly functional.
2. Come up with an original and catchy domain name: A domain name is part of a URL that directs users to its corresponding website. When coming up with a domain, it should easily be associated with the entire website and should be catchy enough for it to stick in people’s heads. However, you may also want to get a domain name using a registrar, which will provide you with an entirely licensed domain name for a fee.
3. Get your hands on a website template: Looking for a template is not a problem since they can be found all over the internet, the only thing that should concern you is the quality of the website templates. Thankfully, the templates that you have just seen have exceptional quality and have been created by highly imaginative professional graphic artists. Also, make sure that the template you download is compatible with your website builder.
4. Customize the downloaded template: Templates should always be more than just beautiful, they should also be functional and flexible in order to endure code revisions and other modifications that are needed for it. This is why we emphasized on downloading a template that’s compatible with your builder, to allow you to easily make the necessary changes without ruining the quality of the website design.
5. Do some test running: After editing the website design, don’t publish it yet, there is still one more thing that you should do to ensure that your website is indeed useful and relevant. This is referred to as test running, which is focused on checking if the website is responsive enough, if it has been optimized for search engines, and if the needed contents have already been added.
6. Publish the site on the web: If everything went well during the test run, then the last remaining thing left to do is to publish the website. After publishing the website, it doesn’t mean you no longer have to do anything to it in the future. Most websites—especially business ones—may need to regularly update their website for new content. So unless you want to revamp the entire website, you will only need to update the content and then publish it again.
Simple Tips for an Excellent Resort Website Layout
- The website layout mostly consists of both the background and the foreground graphics, and the typography. When choosing the typography, use creative ones in order for it to easily stand out and be noticed. However, make sure not to go overly creative with the font that it may end up being hard to read.
- As much as you want to add a lot of information and images to your website, avoid cramming it up by leaving enough room for white space. Adding white space may in fact be the easiest way to de-clutter a design and organized its elements.
- Just keep the design simple. While the design is what attracts visitors towards the site, it’s the content that keeps them engaged to it. Therefore, put emphasis on the quality of the content rather than the design.
Types of Websites
1. Business website: The term business is already very broad when taken as it is, the same thing can be said when associating it with websites. With business websites, they are responsible in handling a wide range of business-related matters ranging from buying and selling goods online, to promoting the business in its entirety. To put it simply, business websites are those that function as a business entity, but through the use of the internet.
2. Entertainment website: The internet is not only used for gathering information and communicating with people, it can also be used as a medium for entertainment. These are referred to as entertainment websites, some offer movies or video clips, some music or podcasts, and others readable materials. With the likes of Youtube, Netflix, and Spotify (just to name a few), people can find all sorts of entertainment websites that can help relieve boredom and stress.
3. Portfolio website: A portfolio is defined as an exhibit or a gallery that showcases an artist or professional’s previous works. These are commonly used by creative professionals and freelancers and are meant to present or demonstrate their work to potential employers. Portfolio websites are rather easy to build and are more focused in collecting an artist’s work samples.
4. Media website: Just like other forms of media, these websites can either be informative or entertaining in nature. While entertainment websites may often be considered as a media website, the latter is far more diverse and holds deeper content than the former.
5. Non-profit website: The goal of non-profit organizations is usually to serve the community by planning and executing charitable activities and projects, and while the planning phase doesn’t require them to spend money, the execution does. Which is why these organizations focus on reaching out to others in order to ask for financial assistance. Oftentimes, non-profit websites ask for human resource or manpower rather than money.
6. Educational website: These websites focus on providing its visitors with more than just basic information, they often offer both short and long-term courses for a fee. However, there are also educational websites that offer tutorials and short-term courses for free, and they simply get their profit from sponsored ads.
7. Personal website: This might probably be the easiest type of website to build since it provides its owner with full control over it. This is the type of website that is almost always not meant for monetary purposes since it is merely for personal use. However, a personal site can also be monetized if it has become very famous and it is able to produce very high quality content. A few examples of this include blog sites, vlog sites, online journals, and social media pages.
FAQs about Resort Websites
What is the best website builder?
While nobody can really confirm which website builder is indeed the “best”, here are the top five builders that you can use:
Do I have to pay to run a website?
Yes, web hosts ask for a monthly fee, but the price may vary from one web host to another. Most web hosts may also offer discounts if you pay in advance.
Were you able to find the perfect template that will enable you to make the resort website of your dreams? We guarantee a regret-free experience if you use any of our templates because not only will they help you out in building a stunning website, but they will also make the process easy for you.