Want to create more attention-grabbing and thoughtful accouterments for gifts, products, or objects? Then you are in the right place. Because in this article, we will show you ten printable tag templates and designs that you can download and use now to wow more customers, clients, and friends from the get-go.
In addition, best practice tips on how to improve any tag design and a step-by-step guide on how to go about the tag-making process are shared below.
Before starting any tag-making project, you must first learn the top five elements that turn any lackluster tag design into something more compelling and useful. By incorporating (or looking for) all these characteristics into your own tag designs, you will definitely create printed tags that you are proud of.
1. Paper Type: Choose high-quality and thick paper or cardstock to print your tags on. This makes them sturdier and able to withstand different inks and printing techniques.
2. Color Palette: Play with different color combinations until you find a color/s that can readily catch people’s attention. Also, make sure that the color complements the object it is attached to or the event it is used for. Consult a color chart to help you decide on the best complementary color combinations.
3. Typography: When tags are used to describe or identify the name, purpose, or recipient of the object they are attached to, it is best to do this with style. Choose fonts and formatting styles that match the event’s theme or the recipient’s personality.
4. Design Layout: The best tags (whether gift tags or thank you tags) are those that use organized design layouts—making it possible to add text and visual elements in a logical manner without overwhelming its reader. And if you download a printable tag template, it will have a built-in layout design and you do not have to worry about creating your own layout design.
5. Tag Attachment: Tags can be looped, strung, stuck, or tied to another object. Choose a tag attachment style that matches the object that it is attached to and the type of tag you are making.
Due to their small size, tags are often not noticed right away. But by incorporating all the design elements shared above into your own graphics templates, you can surely create the best tags for whatever design project that you are working on.
Featured below are multiple examples of tag templates in Publisher file format. They all are fully customizable so you can be assured that your own printed tags are as unique as possible.
Are you ready to finally start making your own tag designs? If yes, we’ve made entire process easier to comprehend for you. Featured below is a step by step guide on how to create excellent tag designs. Read and study these steps until you are confident enough to start on your own projects.
1. Determine what type of tag design you want to create.
2. Choose the layout, typeface design, and paper printing size.
3. Compile all the text and images that you want to incorporate on the tag design.
4. Download a pre-made tag template.
5. Open Microsoft Publisher or your preferred graphic design tool and start editing.
6. You may also start with a blank template or document and then create a tag design from scratch.
7. Continue editing the tag template design until you are satisfied with it.
8. Proofread the template design and make any corrections, if necessary.
9. Save the final tag design on your computer or send it directly to your printing vendor.
10. Lastly, print out the tag template! You may use your own home printer or utilize the services of a printing vendor.
Printed tags may be categorized into the following types:
Most tags are printed on the paper or cardstock measuring 2.13 inches by 4 inches. Note that this is not a standard tag size. You may resize any tag template depending on your personal or business preferences.
A tag template in Publisher is a graphic design file created using Microsoft Publisher. It contains all the text, image, layout, font, header, and branding design files needed to make a tag design.
The main difference between the two lies in the purpose of the object that they are attached. To illustrate, sample gift tags are made and attached to objects or things that are meant as a gift. On the other hand, simple thank you tags are attached to things that are sent or given as a way to express one’s gratitude to another person. In a way, thank you tags may be considered as a form of a gift tag.
When is the best time to use a tag?
Tags are best used as an accessory to an object or thing. It contains a name or label of its recipient or the name/purpose of the object itself. Use a tag if you want to be clear who an object is for and/or you want to be clear what the object will be used for.
Now, wasn’t tag-making just easy. Bookmark this article so that you can refer back to it. Also, do not forget to check out the rest of our website for more free and premium printable templates that you can download and customize for whatever project you are working on.