11+ Award Certificate Templates
For those of you who hold programs or events, then you should have those participants that have met or gone beyond expectations. What you’ll want to do is to properly reward these individuals to show that they’ve done a good job.
One of the best ways to reward them for their hard work is by presenting these people with an award certificate. That way, they can be reminded of what they’ve done and when they’ve done it. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order to make one. You may also see Certificate Templates.
Elements of an Award Certificate
Should a time come that you have to make one, then you should know that there are a couple of basic elements that you must never forget to include. They’re very important because without them, then the certificate won’t be able to present the information that the awardee will want to see. You’re going to have to put in the effort to make sure that you are able to include all of them.
Knowing that, here are the basic elements that should be in just about every good award certificate:
1. Company Letterhead: You must never forget to include the name and logo of the company as you make the certificate. The reason as to why you have to include them is because the awardees will want to remember who gave them their award. This is great for promoting your brand as those who get to read the certificate will be able to learn about the company.
2. Names: Never forget to include the names of the person who is to receive the award certificate and the person that is responsible for authorizing its creation. Both should always be included into a document as there may be concerns that need to be addressed regarding the identities of either party. So just write down their complete names and you shouldn’t have to worry. You can also like running award certificate.
3. Body: This is where you write down all of the details regarding the reason for handing over the award certificate to the recipient. This is where you point out things such as when you handed it over, why it’s being given, and to who it’s being given to. Make sure that you write down everything in detail, but in a way that’s simple to understand and straight to the point.
11+ Award Certificate Templates
Training Excellence Award Certificate Template
Available File Formats
Basketball Award Certificate Template
Football Award Certificate Template
Award Certificate of Athletic
Painting Award Certificate Template
Training Excellence Award Certificate
Art Award Certificate Example
Cheerleader Award Certificate Template
Kid’s Sport Award Certificate Design
Martial Arts Award Certificate Sample
Running Award Certificate Template
Soccer Award Certificate Example
How to Make an Award Certificate
Now that you know what it is that you should include in an award certificate, the next step is for you to learn what you should do in order to make one. Knowing the basic elements isn’t going to be enough as you’ll want to know what it is that you have to do in order to make a certificate that looks good and is able to contain all the information that one needs.
With that in mind, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper award certificate:
1. Mention Who Is Responsible for Handing the Award Certificate: When writing this down, you’ll first want to focus on the details of the company. Aside from the company’s name and logo, you’re also going to have to include its address. This is in case that the awardee may need to come back to remember the location to address particular concerns, or if he or she wishes to point the direction to another person that might want to make a visit. Be sure to include details such as the name of the city, the street it’s located, etc.
Then, you’ll want to write down the details of the person that’s responsible for authorizing the award certificate. There will be those who wish to identify the one responsible for the award, meaning that you’re going to have to provide them with the information that will address their concerns. What you’ll need to do is to write down that person’s complete name, job title, and signature into the certificate.
2. Know Who You’re Supposed to Award It To: Right from the very beginning, you’re supposed to know exactly who the award is for. It’s obvious that you’ll want to award the right person as you don’t want to make the embarrassing mistake of presenting the wrong name.
So what you’ll want to do here is to write down the awardee’s complete name into the certificate. Make sure that yo include the first name, last name, and middle initial to ensure that there won’t be any concerns regarding the awardee’s identity.
3. Provide the Important Details: It’s here where you’ll be focusing on the body of the certificate. The awardee will want all of the details regarding what it is that he or she has been rewarded for. Again, it’s your job to provide these people with the information that they want to see in their certificates.
Be sure you include the following:
- Type reason for the award: The awardee will want to know what it is that he or she has done to earn the certificate. For example, a particular certificate may state that the awardee has finished a rigorous medical course and is being awarded for it. Be sure to point out exactly what it is that he or she has done.
- Date: Never forget to include the date in which the certificate is presented. This is to ensure that any concerns regarding when the certificate was handed will be answered immediately. Make sure to write down the month, day, and year in which it was presented to ensure that everyone knows exactly when it was handed to the awardee.
- Name of the awardee: Again, just make sure that you present the awardee’s complete name here so that readers will know exactly who the award certificate is for.
Tips for Making an Award Certificate
- Go with an appropriate design: The kind of design that you want to go for will depend entirely on the type of award certificate that you’re going to make. For example, a certificate that’s meant to award a child for participating in a kids program will have a more creative and colorful design while a certificate for finishing a training course will have a simpler yet formal one. Look into the many different samples of award certificates to figure out what kind of design you should go for.
- Follow a format: No matter what kind of certificate you make, you should know that there is a format that you’re going to have to follow. This is to ensure that you’re able to present all the information in an organized manner. If you don’t know what format you should go with, then you simply need to take a look at the many different samples to help you out.
- Always check for mistakes: You have to make sure that you don’t embarrass the image of your company by proofreading and editing the certificate before handing it over. So what you’ll want to do is to go through it twice so that you’re able to spot and immediately fix any mistakes that could have been made.
Types of Award Certificate
Know that there are a lot of different types of award certificates and that all of them serve to award people for different reasons. It’s always best that you know what they are so that you’ll know which to make for the right situation. So here are a few examples of the types of award certificates:
- Martial Arts Award Certificate
- Running Award Certificate
- Soccer Award Certificate
- Kids Award Certificate
- Sports Award Certificate
If you want to learn about the other types that you can make, then you simply need to go through our site.
Award Certificate Sizes
Should the time come where you need to make one, then know that the standard size would be that of your typical A4 or US. The specific measurements would be 8.5 by 11 inches. Know that it’s best that you stick with the standard for award certificates meant for business-related programs or events. For other types, you can opt to go with slightly larger or smaller sizes. Just know that the standard is best if you want to the document to look professional.
Award Certificate FAQs
How Do I Make an Award Certificate?
There are many different programs that can help you make one, it’s all a matter of choosing what you’re going to be comfortable with in using. Know that Word programs and Photoshop tools are the ones commonly used as they’re mostly easy to utilize.
Is There an Easy Way to Make One?
Yes. You simply need an award certificate template, open it with the program you’ve installed, and make the changes that you want to make. Know that there are templates available in this article should you wish to use any of them.
Although it will take some time and effort on your part to make one, it’s absolutely necessary that you learn how to ensure that you present the awardee something that he/she will be satisfied with. So be sure to make use of the information presented in this article to help you.