9+ Sample Birth Certificate Templates
In the event where a new person has been born into this world, there is a specific document that needs to be prepared to show as proof as to when and where it happened. This document is what you would call a birth certificate and every person will need one for a multitude of reasons.
There will be times where one will need the certificate to show proof as to his/her country of origin, age, etc. And that’s why this article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to make one that has everything that should be in it.
Elements of a Good Birth Certificate
If you plan on making one, then you should know that there are a couple of basic elements that you’ll need to make sure you include. These are essential in the sense that without them, the certificate will lack the details that people will need in order to determine one’s birth conditions.
With that in mind, here are the basic elements of just about any good birth certificate:
- Names: This is obviously something that you’ll have to place as this shows the name of the person that has been given birth to. Always make sure that you include the first name, last name, and the middle initial so that there won’t be any questions regarding one’s identity. Also, you must include the names of the parents as well as the doctor responsible for aiding in the baby’s delivery. Include the doctor’s signature at the very bottom of the certificate, as well as any other names and signatures required to ensure the legitimacy of the birth certificate.
- Date: It’s here where you’ll be placing the exact date in which the person was born. Be sure to write down the completion date to avoid any questions regarding when it took place. Include the month, day, and year to prevent any issues.
- Address: It’s not enough to just point out the name of the person that was birthed or the date that it happened, you must also place the location in which the birthing took place. Be sure to write down the complete name of the establishment, as well as its complete address. Include details such as the street name, block number, etc.
9+ Birth Certificate Samples
Basic Birth Certificate Design
Boy Birth Certificate Sample
Dog Birth Certificate Example
Girl Birth Certificate Template
Animal Birth Certificate Sample
Free Birth Certificate Template
Sample Birth Certificate
Official Birth Certificate Example
Birth Certificate Design Template
How to Make a Birth Certificate
Now that you know what should be in a birth certificate, the next thing that you’re going to have to do is to learn how to make one. Although this isn’t exactly a hard process, you still need to know what you should ensure that the certificate has everything it needs to show readers the details regarding one’s birth.
So with that in mind, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper birth certificate:
1. Know What Design You Should Go With: A birth certificate should always have some sort of design that will represent that establishment that it was made in. With all intents and purposes, the design of any birth certificate should be simple. If you go with anything that’s too creative, then it will remove any sense of professionalism that the document is supposed to be able to exude.
If you want to know what kind of design you should go with, then you can use the many different birth certificate samples that you can find online as references. Better yet, you can make use of the many different templates that you can find so that coming up with the certificate will be much easier on your end.
Also, do not forget to include the name and logo of the establishment that’s responsible for aiding in the birthing process and the one responsible for making the certificate. This is important as there may come a situation wherein you will have to prove where the certificate originated from.
2. Determine Whether You Should Go for Long Form or Short Form: Take note that a long form birth certificate contains much more details than that of a short form. Those in long form provides extra information such as the name of the doctor or midwife who attended the birth, precise place of birth, parents place and date of birth etc. A short form is basically the much-shortened version of a birth certificate and only displays details regarding the person that was given birth to.
Know which ones you’re going to have to make so that you’ll know what it is that you’ll have to place.
3. Confirm All of the Details: The last thing that you will need to do is to make sure that the certificate presents all of the details regarding one’s birth. this means that you’re going to have to make sure that you write down everything from the name of the person to whom the certificate belongs to, the date and location in which the birth took place, the names of the parents, etc.
Be sure that you don’t forget to include any of them as missing out on even one important detail will make the birth certificate useless. Just know what it is that you’re supposed to place to ensure that you don’t miss anything. If you want to confirm that you’ve managed to include all the information that the certificate needs, then you simply need to take a look at the many different samples of birth certificates that you can find online. You can use them as a guide so that you won’t have to go through the hassle of having to issue another certificate in the event that there are any details lacking.
4. Birth Certificate Tips:
- Go with a proper format: Since there are a lot of birth certificates that you could possibly create, you should know what kind of format you should use for the one that you wish to make. Again, you can just take a look at the many different samples available for viewing and use them as references for what format you should go for.
- Always check for any mistakes: It’s very important that you don’t make any sort of mistakes, especially when it comes to spelling. So what you’re going to have to do is to go through the certificate at least twice, have somebody go through it as well, all so you can see if there are any corrections that you need to make.
- Confirm all information before putting it into the certificate: Another good way of avoiding mistakes is by confirming every single piece of information that the birth certificate should contain. Know the exact name of the child, the parents, the doctor, the establishment where the birth took place, etc. That way, you won’t have to deal with problems pertaining to one’s birth details.
Types of Birth Certificates
Know that birth certificates aren’t just limited to people, but also to animals as well. Considering the fact that there are different types that you can make, you’re going to have to learn what they are so that you’ll know which ones will fit the situation. So here are a few examples of the different birth certificates that can be made:
Boy Birth Certificate
- Girl Birth Certificate
- Animal Birth Certificate
- Official Birth Certificate
- Pet Birth Certificate
In the event that you would like to learn about the other types of birth certificates that you can possibly make, then all you have to do is to go through our site to learn more.
Birth Certificate Sizes
Remember that there are two types that you can make: a long form and short form. The long form would be your standard A4 or US size. If you want to get more specific, then that would be around 8.5 by 11 inches. The reason for its size is because it contains a lot of information that one would normally ask regarding one’s birth.
Now a short form would usually be much smaller, typically around the size of a credit card or even a passport. If you want a reference as to what size your short form should be, then all you have to do is to look at samples that you can find anywhere online.
Birth Certificate FAQs
What Can I Use to Make a Birth Certificate?
There are many different applications that you can use to help you make one. The most common being Word applications as they usually have all of the tools that you’re going to need.
Is There an Easy Way to Make One?
Yes, you simply need to download a birth certificate template, use whatever software that allows you to open and customize it, and make all of the necessary changes to whatever information you want it to have. If you like, you can make use of any of the templates available in this article.
Although coming up with a birth certificate may consume some time, it’s something that you’ll definitely have to do when the time comes. So make use of the information presented in this article so to guarantee that you’re able to come up with a proper birth certificate.