10+ Sample Participation Certificate Templates
There are times where specific events would like to thank their participants for taking the time and effort to actually be a part of whatever it is that they’re doing. In order to make these people feel appreciated, these event organizers will need to reward them with something that’s appropriate and gives meaning to the hard work that has been done.
One of the best things that they could possibly give to these people would be participation certificates as they’re simple to make but can feel very satisfying if made well. And that’s why this article is going to give you all the information that will teach you how to make one.
Elements of a Participation Certificate
If you plan on making one, then you should know just how important it is that you never forget to include its most basic elements. The point of having them in the certificate is so that it’s able to convey the information that the participant will want to learn in regards to his/her reward.
Knowing that, here are the elements that should be in just about every good participation certificate:
1. Company Letterhead: The person who receives the certificate will want to know exactly what company is responsible for providing him/her with the certificate. This means that you’re going to have to include the company’s name and logo into the document. This is also essential for brand promoting purposes.
2. Names: You’ll want to know exactly who the participation certificate is for, meaning that you’re going to have to know about the participant’s full name. Not only that, but the person receiving the award will also want to know the name of the person responsible for authorizing the participation certificate. So what you’re basically going to do here is to write down their full names into the document.
3. Body: It’s here where you’ll be placing the details regarding what it is that you’re rewarding the participant for. Be sure that you write down everything regarding what it is that was participated in for the recipient to merit receiving the reward.
10+ Participation Certificate Templates
Modern Certificate or Participation Sample
Basketball Participation Certificate Template
Choir Participation Certificate Sample
Free Participation Certificate for Sports
Blank Participation Certificate Example
Blank Participation Certificate Template
Funny Participation Certificate Sample
Free Participation Certificate Form
Outstanding Participation Certificate Template
Free Photography Participation Certificate
How to Create a Participation Certificate
Although you know what it is that should be inside a participation certificate, you’re still going to have to learn how to make one. Even if you already know what the basic elements are, there are still things that you’re going to have to do to ensure that it’s made well. There are things that you will need to consider to ensure that the receiver of the certificate will feel rewarded.
So with that in mind, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper participation certificate:
1. Go With a Good Design: The first thing that you’ll want to do right from the very beginning is to figure out what kind of design you should go for. You need to think about what looks appropriate for the type of participation you’re going to make.
For example, if it’s a participation certificate for a training program, then you’ll want the design to be simple and formal at the same time.
It’s very important that you go with one that suits the type that you’re handing out as the design can be used to represent the image of the company. Also, never forget to include the company name and logo and make sure that it’s incorporated well into the design of the certificate.
2. Point Out the Details: Here’s where you will be focusing on the main body of the certificate. What you’ll first want to do is to gain all of the information regarding what it is that was participated in to merit the certificate. When you have all of the information, then you’ll need to write everything down.
So make sure that you obtain and write down the following:
- Name of the participant: Remember that it’s very important that you’re able to write down the name of the participant into the certificate as you want to make sure that you’re rewarding the right person. What you simply need to do is to write down his or her full name. This includes the first name, last name, and middle initial.
- Date of when the certificate was given: This is essential as either you or the participant may need it to remember when the award was given. Although there are many reasons as to why you’ll want the date, it’s best that you include it to ensure that any concerns regarding “when” can be answered. Be sure to include the month, day, and year to ensure that people know exactly when it was handed out.
- Name of the event participated in: You’ll have to point out what it is that the person participated in to get the participation certificate. Make sure that you know the full name of the event or program so that you can easily write it down.
- Address of the company: It’s here where you’ll be placing the complete address of the company as the recipient may need it to address concerns in the future, or to point the way to someone who wishes to visit the establishment. Make sure to include details such as the name of the city, the street where the establishment resides on, etc.
3. Include the Details of the Person Who Authorized the Certificate: Again, the awardee will want to know who is responsible for authorizing the certificate as there may be problems that need to be addressed, or it’s possible that he/she would just like to thank that person for the award. So you’re going to have to write down that persons’s full name, job title, and signature into the certificate.
Doing so will ensure that there won’t be any questions in regards to the identity of the person behind the authorization of the participation certificate.
Participation Certificate Tips
- Know what format you should go for: Before you go into anything, it’s very important that you know what kind of format you should use for your participation certificate. This is to ensure that all of the information that you want to display will look organized, as well as ensuring that everything is exactly where it’s supposed to be. If you have on idea as to what kind of format you should go for, then you check out the many different samples that you can find just about anywhere online.
- Check for errors: You do not want to embarrass the image of your company by presenting an award that hasn’t been polished. To ensure that you don’t, you simply need to proofread and edit the certificate before you hand it over to the person that deserves it. What you’re going to have to do is to go over it at least twice so that you’re able to spot and immediately fix any mistakes that you could have made.
Participation Certificate Types
Know that there are many different types and that all of them is meant to reward participants for different events or programs. It’s best that you know what they are so that you will be able to know which one you should make for the situation. So here are a few examples:
- Basketball Participation Certificate
- Choir Participation Certificate
- Funny Participation Certificate
- Certificate for Outstanding Participation
- Sports Participation Certificate
In the event that you would like to learn more about participation certificates or if you want to learn about the other types that you can make, then you simply need to go through our site to get the information you want.
Participation Certificate Sizes
Should the time come that you have to make one, then know that the standard size for just about any certificate would be 8.5 by 11 inches. This would be the typical A4 or US size. Take note that the standard is always used if one wishes to show a certificate that exudes professionalism. You can opt to go with larger or smaller sizes if the participation isn’t for anything that’s business-related.
Participation Certificate FAQs
How Do I Go About in Making a Participation Certificate?
There are a number of programs that you can use to make a participation is countless as just about all of them have the tools that you’ll need to make one. Take note that the most common ones being used are Word programs and Photoshop tools. It’s all a matter of choosing the one that you’ll be comfortable with.
Is There an Easy Way to Make a Participation Certificate?
Yes, what you’ll need is a participation certificate template, the word program that you’ve downloaded, and enough time and effort. Open the template with the program and customize it to contain whatever it is that you want the certificate to have.
Although making the certificate won’t take up a lot of your time, but you still have to do everything that you can to make sure that it looks good. So make sure that you’re able to go through all of the information that is presented in this article so that you’re able to learn everything that you need to.