10+ Sample Gift Certificate Templates
There are times where companies wish to present their customers or employees with a reward for doing something specific or after meeting certain conditions. While there are many different rewards that one can present to another, most companies opt to present these worthy people with gift certificates.
The kind that’s given depends on what the company issues, but it will need to state exactly what benefits the receiver will gain should they choose to receive it. And that’s why this article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to come up with a gift certificate.
Elements of a Gift Certificate
If you’re going to make a gift certificate, then know that there are a couple of basic elements that you must always include for every one that you make. You’ll need to make sure that you include them as they’re what the receiver will want to see to ensure that they know what the certificate is for and for other reasons.
With that in mind, here are a the basic elements of any good gift certificate:
- Title: You have to specifically point out that it’s a gift certificate and nothing else. Be sure to place those exact words to ensure that the receiver knows exactly what it is.
- Names: It’s important that the certificate is able to point out who it’s going to, as well as the people that have issued it. Make sure that you write down everyone’s first names, last names, and middle initials to ensure that there’s no question in regards to identity. For those that have issued the certificate, best to include their job title as well as their signatures.
- Dates: This is very important as you’ll want to point out when the certificate was handed out, as well as how long the receiver has to redeem it. Include the month, day, and year so that there won’t be any concerns regarding the matter of “when”.
- Purpose: It’s here where you’ll be writing down what the certificate is for. Be very specific with what it is that the receiver will benefit should he or she redeem the certificate.
- Company Name and Logo: This is for branding purposes as it will help remind the receiver as to where he/she got the gift certificate, as well as where to redeem it. Do not make the text or the logo too big or too small as you want the receiver to know where the certificate originated from, as well as being able to read all of the other pieces of information presented in the certificate.
10+ Gift Certificate Samples
MTV Event Gift Certificate Design
Spa Gift Certificate Template
Fashion Store Gift Certificate Design
Baby Gift Certificate Sample
Restaurant Gift Certificate Example
Free Gift Certificate Template
Graduation Gift Certificate Template
Birthday Gift Certificate Sample
Fancy Gift Certificate Example
Business Gift Certificate Sample
How to Make a Gift Certificate
Now that you’ve learned what a gift certificate should contain, the next thing that you’ll need to learn is how you should go about in making one. Know that there are things that you are going to have to consider to ensure that the certificate you make is one that looks good, as well as containing everything that the receiver should know.
With that in mind, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper gift certificate:
Come Up With a Good Design
One of the things that you should focus on when making a certificate should be its appearance. You’ll need to consider what kind of design it should have that will make it look presentable to the receiver. So think, what kind of images should you use? Should you go with a simple design or should you get a bit creative? These are questions that you’re going to have to answer as how a certificate looks will tell receivers how you wish to advertise your brand.
Be sure that you incorporate your company’s name and logo into the design as that’s what will tell those who receive the certificates as to who’s responsible for making it.
Provide the Benefit Details
When you’re finished coming up with the design, the next thing that you’ll need to do is to write down the information that the receiver will want to know.
First, point out what one can gain should he/she redeem the certificate. Will that person be able to redeem a specific amount worth of goods in a particular establishment? Will that person gain a discount on all selected items? Or will that person only get a specified number of items after presenting and redeeming the gift certificate?
You have to be very clear on this as the receiver will want to know exactly what he/she is going to get. Provide details such as exact amounts or what items can be gained.
Then you have to consider as to whether or not the gift certificate will have an expiration date or any limitations. There are some companies which do this to prevent people who have received multiple certificates to redeem them all at once, or those who wish to never use them until a very late point in time where the product mentioned in the certificate is no longer available. Specify what these limitations are so that those who receive certificates will know how they should go about in redeeming their rewards.
Include the Names and Signatures
Lastly, all you have to do is to point out who the gift certificate is to be handed to, as well as the people responsible for issuing the certificate. This is in the event that there are any questions regarding the validity of the receipt, as well as concerns regarding who it’s for. Again, be sure to put in the first name, last name, and middle initials of those who are involved and do not forget to include the signature and job title of those responsible for issuing the certificate.
Tips for Making a Gift Certificate
- Never make the text too large or too small: You should find an appropriate size for the text in your gift certificate. You don’t want it to be too big where it takes up too much space, but you also don’t want it to be too small to the point where nobody will be able to read it. Look up samples of gift certificates to give you an idea as to what text size you should go with.
- Make sure that the limitations are reasonable: It’s important that whatever limitations you place in the certificate are ones that are understandable to the receiver. Don’t put too many, but the ones you do place should be able to protect your business while still ensuring that the receiver is able to enjoy the benefits presented in the certificate.
- Check for mistakes: Before you hand over a certificate, you need to check for any mistakes that you could have made. What this means is that you’ll want to proofread and edit it to ensure that it’s free of mistakes, as well as preventing any embarrassment on your end. Go through the certificate at least twice so that you can immediately make any of the necessary corrections to the errors that you manage to spot.
Types of Gift Certificates
Take note that there are so many different types of gift certificates that you can make that you’ll want to know which one you’re supposed to create for the right reason. Each certificate has its own purpose and knowing what they are should help you decide which on you should make and hand over to someone that deserves it. So here are a few examples:
- Graduation Gift Certificate
- Birthday Gift Certificate
- Fancy Gift Certificate
- Business Gift Certificate
If you would like to learn more about the other types that you can make, then you simply need to go through our site.
Gift Certificate Sizes
Take note that the standard gift certificate is usually 1/3rd the size of an A4. If you want to get more specific, then that would be 210 x 99 mm. Although there isn’t really a particular size that you should always go for, it’s best to stick with the standard as that’s what’s commonly being used by so many companies to this day.
Gift Certificate FAQs
What Can I Use to Make a Gift Certficiate?
There are many different applications that you can use to help you make one. For example, you can use Microsoft Word as it has all the tools that you’re going to need and is easy to use. There are others who stick mainly to photoshop editors to help make their certificates. It’s all up to you as to what you want to use.
Is There an Easy Way to Make One?
Yes, all you need to do is to download a gift certificate template and make use of whatever software you’re comfortable with to open and edit it to whatever you want it to be able to contain. You may make use of the templates available in this article should you wish to do so.
So long as you make proper use of all the information presented here, then coming up with a gift certificate that will make people happy, as well as ones that look presentable.