- File Formats
First impressions play a very crucial role in making connections. Business cards will always be someone’s best foot forward in introducing your brand to the world. Upon stumbling on a potential business partner or customer, handing them a business card will show how prepared you are and this will speak much about your professionalism. Business cards also set a business’ credibility.
Gone are the days of the standard business card where it’s just plain texts printed on a white card. Today, there is the liberty of personalizing your business card into something artistic and fitting to your character. But a good business card is more than just its physical aspect. Here are a few elements that you would want to take note before making a business card.
1. Typography: The style and appearance of your business card must be top priority. Take for example, some companies nowadays are known for their trademark colors. Who wouldn’t know a 24/7 convenience store whose trademark color is green? Or the famous font used by the brand of the world’s most known carbonated drink? The right typography will help strengthen a business’ name.
2. Shape: This element is optional but you might want to take this into consideration. Custom-cut cards are now available for a more artistic business card. Choose a shape that is relevant to what you want to promote. If you are in a sales business, try a custom-cut card that will make it look like a line graph. Or if you are a real estate agent, try having a business card that is shaped like a house.
3. Logo: Logos are a necessity for brands. It is the company’s trademark logo which makes it easier to remember for other people. Make sure to include your business logo in your business card. Having it in your card will make an impact on your business’ integrity.
4. Layout: Aside from being artistically pleasing, a good business card’s layout must be well thought. The layout includes how all the information is appropriately laid out in an organized manner and how other elements complement each other.
Making a business card can be time- consuming which is why business card templates are an excellent option to make it easier. Gathered below are examples of templates that are available online.
A good business card template doesn’t just come to life on its own. The goal is not to make just any business card, but to make a good one. There are necessary steps to follow in order to produce a reliable and professionally-made card. Take note of the following:
1. Use Apple Pages to create the business card: If you make a business card through Apple Pages, then you are only able to do so using an iOS device. Once you have access to Apple Pages, here are the things that you are going to have to do:
1. Figure out the necessary information to include: Your business card should contain sufficient contact information so that people can reach out to your business easily. Contact information includes business name, contact numbers, office location, and business hours. Some options include the name of the owner, slogan, and pictures.
2. Look for business card templates online: Online business card templates are a hundred percent advisable to use since these are more often well-made by professionals. There are a lot of available templates on the world wide web, and you’re just a click away from it. Aside from saving you some time, you can also be assured of the quality of those templates since they are made articulately.
3. Print your template: After inputting all the necessary information, have your template printed out professionally at a trusted printing shop. Business cards are preferably printed through a special paper to which there are two types: matte and glossy.
Now that we have discussed the necessary steps to making a business card, there are tips that should be put to mind in order to make your business card look great. Listed below are two tips that you should read before proceeding to printing.
1. Consider putting in your company slogan: The slogan is like a summary of a business’ objective as a company. Putting in an interesting slogan will increase the interest of the reader. If you don’t have a business slogan yet, try considering to make one. Effective slogans are short but impactful.
2. Don’t overdo it: Yes, you have the freedom to your own business’ card but be careful not to overdo everything. Make sure that the overall typography is a perfect balance along with the totality of the business card. Keep it simple. Be careful with the fonts also, the business card must be readable.
Business cards have different types. There are varieties to choose from for these cards to look appealing. Evaluate what the card is for to be able to determine what type is necessary to use. Make sure to check out the different types first to make sure you are using the correct template.
The standard size for business cards is available in 3.5 x 2 inches. The reason why people settled with this size is that because it easily fits inside a person’s wallet, which is the goal, because every person carries a wallet in their pocket, and having the advantage of fitting a business card in a wallet gives more opportunity for a business to be remembered and noticed. But for the free-spirited, you can always custom-cut your business card and get creative by cutting it to a unique shape.
Listed below are a few of the most commonly asked questions about business cards. If you have any question that is not addressed below, feel free to look for answers at the world wide web.
Yes, business cards are still relevant today. While it may be more convenient to just give out your contact number right away, but there’s the tendency that the number might get deleted or forgotten. Also, giving out your business card will always look more professional compared to simply telling someone to ring your phone when they get interested. Business cards are also great ice breakers when talking to a potential client or business partner and it’s a sure way of building relationships with them.
There are three kinds of recommended paper for printing business cards: 14-point, 16-point, and the 100 lb. gloss cover. The 14-point one is thinner compared to the 16-point. So it really depends on what thickness you want to achieve in your business card. If you want a durable card, choose between the 16-point and the 100 lb. gloss cover. If you want a handheld card, settle with the 14-point.
Glossy paper finish should be preferred if your business card has a picture in it. The finish will give it a shiny appearance, will preserve the vibrant colors and will also protect your card from getting destroyed easily. The matte paper finish is recommended for the typographic business card since it will make it look professional.
Now that you have gotten acquainted with the types, sizes, and elements for great business cards along with some helpful tips, make sure to utilize all these information to your advantage. The business world needs competitive strategies, and business cards are definitely one.