20+ Engineer Business Card Templates – AI, Word, PSD
Planning to become an engineer? Or are you actually a licensed engineer? There may be a lot of job opportunities laid out for engineers, but there are also a lot of engineers out there trying to get a spot in the limelight. One thing’s for certain, you will definitely need to make yourself known so employers and agencies will know who to contact if ever they are looking for engineers to work for them. You may also see Professional Business Card Designs .
One of the best ways that you can promote yourself is by sharing business cards, you can either hand it to prospective clients or to possible business partners. Engineer Business cards may seem old-school, but they are very effective and we will discuss why they are still relevant today. Below, we have a collection of business card templates specifically designed for engineers, go ahead, and check them out.
Civil Engineering Business Card Template
Sound Engineer Business Card Template
Simple Civil Engineer Business Card Template
Consulting Engineer Business Card Template
Software Engineer Business Card Design Template
Audio Engineer Business Card Template
Software Company Engineer Business Card Template
Gears Engineer Business Card Template
Looking for a simple and informative business card that draws readers’ attentions towards its contents? Check out the minimal business card template above.
AudioTech Engineer Business Card Template
Here’s a modern business card template for those working as audio engineers. Basically, these engineers help to produce a recording of performances, and edit these sound tracks through effects, mixing, and equalization.
Modern Software Engineer Business Card Template
Why Use Business Cards?
Ever asked yourself why entrepreneurs and professionals still use business cards nowadays knowing that they can simply information through much faster means such as text messaging or through emails? Well, there are tons of reasons why business cards still matter and we will be discussing that further below. You may also see Examples of Colorful Business Cards.
- For one thing, business cards are ideal for those people who don’t own smartphones or are not really that literate in handling computers. According to one survey, there is still a quarter of a country’s population who doesn’t own a smartphone.
- Business cards contain various relevant information such as your name, your profession, where you or your office is located, and how you can be contacted. In other words, for such a compact size, business cards hold a lot of important details that a prospect should know about a business person. You may also check out here Best Corporate Business Card Templates.
- Business cards promote the legitimacy of the entrepreneur or the business itself. This actually makes them look more trustworthy which in turn, can help them gather more prospects.
- Business cards help in initiating a connection between the two business persons or between the business person and the prospective client. This connection can lead to the exchange of first impressions which is very helpful in building a professional relationship. You may also see Best PSD Business Card Templates.
- Business cards are universal, which means you don’t have to worry with regards to culture, practices, and other factors that might be considered. Therefore, if you are planning to share your professional details to people from another part of the globe, the receiver would be able to understand what it’s for.
Minimal Corporate Engineer Business Card Template
Above is a clean business card template which is ideal for those working as a corporate engineer, this might be what you are looking for.
Minimalist Engineer Business Card Template
Cool Sound Engineer Business Card Template
Important Elements that Should be Included on a Business Card
In this article, we already discussed on the purpose of business cards and why they are still relevant for businesses. This time, let’s talk about the elements that should be included on simple business cards so they can be considered informative and useful.
- Professional’s Name. This is the most important element on a business card and should also be the first thing that a reader must see because it bears the name of the person who owns the business card.
- Job Title of the Professional. Below the professional’s name should be their job title. This is basically to inform the reader regarding the position/designation of the cardholder. You may also see Manager Business Card Designs.
- Business / Organization’s Name. Usually, a business card is issued by the business or the organization that the cardholder is representing. The reason behind its importance is because it not only promotes the professional but also the overall organization.
- Address. A physical address can be used if a prospective client or business partner wishes to visit the office personally, or if they want to send something via mail. You may also see Circle Business Card Designs.
- Email Address. On the other hand, if a prospect simply wants to reach out to a business through digital means, then they can always make use of the email address indicated on the business card.
- Phone Number. Even before emailing was a thing, business cards were mainly used for sharing contact details from one professional to another or to a prospective client, and these contact details usually included phone and/or fax numbers. You may also check out here Vertical Business Card Designs.
- Website URL. This is highly applicable for businesses who have their own website which they can use to promote themselves. Alternatively, business can opt to indicate the URL of their social media page instead.
Microchip Engineer Business Card Template
Clean Civil Engineer Business Card Template
Here is another modern yet simple business card template that you might want to use. The modern feature on this template is its QR code, which allows prospects to redirect themselves to the business’ site or portfolio by just scanning it.
Yellow Engineering Business Card Template
Do’s and Don’ts When Using Business Cards
There are still a lot of factors to consider when designing business cards, and if you want to make yours to be relevant, here are a few do’s and don’ts that you can apply on your business card design. Otherwise, if you just wing it, your business cards will most likely end up in the trash bin. You may also see Red Business Card Designs & Templates.
- DO go for a professional business card design. Thankfully, many of today’s most impressive business card templates on the internet are highly inexpensive. The more professional the design on the business card looks, the more it becomes relevant and worth keeping.
- DO emphasize the readability of the business card over its creativity. Yes, a creative business card is enough to capture the public’s attention, but the readability is what gets them engaged and makes them want to keep a hold of the card.
- DON’T rely on just one contact information on your business card. Aside from the phone number, you might also want to include a fax number, email address, website address, and even a physical address for mailing.
- DON’T forget to proofread your work, make sure that every detail is accurate starting with your name down to the contact numbers. You may also check out here Landscaping Business Card Designs.
Creative Engineering Business Card Template
Trendy Music Engineer Business Card Template
Most Popular Branches of Engineering
When we speak of engineering, we are actually referring to the entire profession which consists of a lot of branches, and we do mean A LOT. There are so many branches in engineering that we won’t be able to discuss every single one in this article. Instead, let’s just talk about the most popular ones for the sake of those who wish to pursue this type of career. You may also see Multi-Color Business Card Designs.
Computer Engineering – From the title itself, it’s already pretty obvious as to what this branch in engineering is all about. Computer engineers deal with the theoretical foundations of computation and the application of these foundation through practical techniques.
Mechanical Engineering – This is the branch of engineering that deals with the design, production, and the operation of different mechanical devices and equipment. Mechanical engineers have a clear understanding of how manufacturing and production processes work, which makes them perfectly indispensable in various sectors. You may also see Business Card Designs.
Electrical Engineering – Also referred to as electronics engineering, this branch of engineering generally deals with the flow of electricity, making sure that power is able to flow abundantly from its source to its end point.
Civil Engineering – This branch of engineering deals primarily in the construction, designing, and maintenance of the environment—both natural and man-made—which includes roads, bridges, dams, and structures.
Marine Engineering – Specifically, marine engineers are professionals who deal in the designing, building, testing, and repairing of sea transportation systems such as boats and ships, underwater crafts, and drilling equipment. You may also see Examples of Embossed Business Card Designs.
Chemical Engineering – The primary role of chemical engineers includes designing, construction, and operation of process plants. This branch of engineering allows enthusiasts to learn about the different organic and inorganic chemicals and substances, as well as information technology for the development of chemical engineering processes.
Stock Engineer Business Card Template
Readers can easily associate this business card with engineering simply because of the hardhat element on the design. This clean and simple business card template may be perfect for those who want to be recognized easily for their profession.
Corporate Engineer Business Card Template
How Can One Become an Engineer?
Becoming an engineer requires you to undergo specific steps including getting a degree, getting licensed, and acquiring the necessary work experiences. Previously, we have mentioned about some of the largest and most popular branches of engineering which—if you’re interested—you can either share with others or use as reference for yourself if ever you decide to proceed to another field. Below, we will be discussing some of the most common steps that one must take in order to become a professional engineer. You may also see Wooden Business Card Designs
Determine Which Branch of Engineering You Want to Pursue
We already discussed about some of the most popular branches of engineering earlier in this article, and one can choose from among those branches if they want to become an engineer. We only mentioned the top six branches to keep this article from going over the limit, but if the specific branch that you are looking for isn’t on the list, then you might need to look for it somewhere else if you want to know more about it. You may also see Best Wood Business Card Designs.
Finding the Best School that Specializes in Your Chosen Field
Different schools offer their own field specializations, and the same thing can be said with regards to schools that offer engineering programs. Depending on what branch of engineering you wish to pursue, choose the best school that offers that program. This might be a tedious task to do since many schools would say that they have the best programs, but you can work around this by doing your own research and gathering opinion from others. Also, you can check the schools track record in terms of success rates and licensure exam passing percentages. You may also check out here Unique Business Card Designs.
Applying for Internship
After being in school for at least one or two years, you can then apply for internship so you can already start gaining actual work experience. Though this might not be counted as work experience that can be used for credentials, it is always better to have a grasp on how things work in the actual world. This way, after you get off school, you already have the knowledge and skills needed.
Do a Practicum During Your Final Year in School
Doing practicum is almost as similar as doing internship, but the difference here is that it provides a deeper and long-term working experience that can be used for your credentials. Also, individuals who do practicum work can earn a competitive salary with them. The best thing about doing practicum work is that if you do well in your position, the company might even absorb you after you graduate. You may also see Best Premium Business Card Template Designs
Look for a Job
As obvious as it seems, the next thing that you will need to do is to look for a job. You can either find job opportunities from networks, referrals from others, or from job postings. From here, it’s all up to you, impress your employers and make yourself grow as a professional. You may also see Leaf Shaped Business Card Designs.