An appointment letter is the document used by companies to provide information about the job position that they would like to offer to an individual. It includes details about the job functions that the applicant will be tasked to do should he or she accept the offer and other items that are related to the particular appointment that will be given to him or her. There are a variety of ways that an appointment letter may be made. Information may also vary depending on the guidelines being followed by the management in creating the appointment letter templates that will be sent out to their prospective employees.
Compared to other Formal Letters, an appointment letter is more detailed as there are a lot of items that are needed to be discussed to assure that the qualified applicant will be convinced to be a part of the company so that his or her services and expertise will be used for the corporate benefit of the business. Appointment letters play a vital part in an applicant’s decision making processes. If the appointment letter is well curated and comprehensive, there will be higher chances that an applicant is most likely to accept the job.
43+ Appointment Letter Templates in Word | Google Docs | Apple Pages - START DOWNLOADING
Interview Appointment Letter Template
Restaurant Confirmation of Interview Appointment Letter Template
Confirmation of Interview Appointment Template
Free Appointment Letter Format
Appointment Letter Sample
Free Appointment Letter Template
Basic Appointment Letter Template
Simple Appointment Letter Template
Doctor Appointment Letter Template
Appointment Request Letter Template
Free Company Appointment Letter Template
Free Appointment Letter Template for Employee
Sample Agent Appointment Letter
Free Appointment Letter Template for Teacher
Director Appointment Letter Template
Missed Appointment Letter Template
Cancellation of Appointment Letter Template
Subcontractor Appointment Letter Template
Formats of Appointment Letter in PDF
Job Appointment Letter Format
Format for Appointment Letter of Auditors
Simple Appointment Letter Formats in PDF
Sample Format of Appointment Confirmation Letter for Employee
Simple Special Appointment Offer Letter Format
Appointment Letter for New Employee
Job Appointment Letter for New Employee in PDF
Employee Job Joining Appointment Letter
Temporary Employee Appointment Letter
Purposes of Writing a Job Appointment Letter
A Job Appointment Letter is written for the following purposes:
- It allows the qualified applicant to know that he or she passed the different interview and examination processes and procedures that he or she underwent. It is very essential for an applicant to be properly and formally informed about the results of his or her application as it will give him or her a positive impression about the company that is offering a job position to him or her.
- It explains details about the job position that will be given to the applicant. It may or may not discuss specific items of employment depending on the company who will send it to their prospective employees. However, it should explain the nature of the job position and give an overview of the services that are needed to be provided by the individual once he or she is already a part of the company as an employee.
- An appointment letter may also be used to explain the circumstances that made the candidate be selected for a particular job position. It might show the results of the application which led to the decision of giving the appointment letter to the specific applicant rather than to the other possible choices of people who applied for the same position.
- It lists all the benefits and other advantages that the applicant may expect to get if he or she will accept the job offer. It may also talk about the additional bonuses and entitlements that he or she may experience and acquire upon regularization. It is very important for a qualified applicant to know what she will receive in exchange of the expertise and competencies that he or she will provide to the company.
- A job appointment letter may be given as a way of letting the applicant know that he or she is requested to respond regarding the job offer for a specific time duration. It is very essential for a company to give the applicant an acceptable time period where he or she can think of either accepting or rejecting the job appointment offer.
Inclusions of a Job Appointment Letter
A Simple Appointment Letter includes the following information:
- The date that the job appointment letter was written
- The name of the candidate who qualified for the open job position
- The basic information of the qualified candidate including the applicant’s present address and contact information
- A message of confirmation that the applicant is selected to be given a job offer
- The designation or job position that is offered to the applicant
- The name of the company that is offering the job appointment
- A short description of the business and its operations
More Information Found in a Job Appointment Letter
Though some companies avoid to include information that are usually associated with a contract, many companies allow their job appointment letters to actually have these items so that the applicant will be knowledgeable of the entire job appointment and its inclusions. A few of these information that can also be found in a job appointment letter are as follows:
- The terms and conditions of the job offer and employment
- The commencement of the employment or the effective date of service rendering which should include the date, month and year where the applicant is expected to report to work as an employee
- The name of the supervisor where the applicant will report as an employee
- A preview of the department where the employee will be assigned
- The salary and other benefits that the applicant will get
- The location of the business and possibilities of working on different location should the position require the applicant to do so
- The working days that the applicant is required to be present in the vicinity of the business
- The number of hours that the applicant will use for service rendering in a day’s time
- The possibilities of over time and the guidelines for additional working hours especially in terms of special pay rates
- The sick leaves, vacation leaves, other special kinds of leaves and holiday credits that the applicant is entitled to use on varying conditions and terms set by the company
- The nature of the professional duties of the applicant
- Information about the proper handling of the company property that will be assigned to the applicant
- Terms on accepting gifts in the work place and other regulations that the applicant needs to be aware of
- Terms for termination and more information about the company’s rules on behavior and performance assessment
- Awareness of confidential information and documents that should be well kept from the start of the appointment offer up to the actual employment
- Notices, applicability of company policies, jurisdictions and other legal matters that the company is bound to follow and implement
- A reminder for the applicant to provide a feedback regarding the applicant’s decision about accepting the job offer
- The name of the person who prepared the appointment letter
Faculty Appointment Letter Template
Adjunct Faculty Appointment Letter
Generic Appointment Letter Template
Letter of Appointment Format
Guidelines in Creating A Job Appointment Letter
If you are tasked to create the job Appointment Letters to the qualified applicants of the company, here are a few guidelines that you may follow:
- As said, it is actually okay for a company to discuss the basic information regarding the job appointment. However, the decision on providing a detailed job appointment is already in the jurisdiction of the companies especially if they think that it can give higher chances of getting the applicants that they truly want to hire because of impressive qualifications.
- Depend your format and letter structure on the amount of information that you will discuss.
- Assure that the needed information for the start of the employment processes will be laid out for a good start of the professional relationship. It may not be necessary to explain everything about the job appointment but is very important for the applicant to be guided regarding the processes that are needed to be done for the initial parts of the employment.
- Assure that you will set a positive tone in terms of relaying information about the job appointment and the expectations that the individual may have for the particular job offer. Make the letter both warm and professional so that the individual will feel that the applicant is meant to accept the offer letter. It is mainly based on the selection of the words that will be used in the job appointment letter and the way that the information will be relayed.
- Clearly and accurately lay out the terms that should be agreed upon by the applicant and the company. It is very essential for the applicant to be aware of the items that are stated in the job appointment letter so that no misunderstandings may occur upon the implementation of employment processes. It may also help if the business will put a note that the applicant may select a few of the items that is not clear and send it back to the company so they can properly address the selected items for additional discussion.
- Be logical in the presentation of different information through the use of a proper Letter Format.
- Identify the requirements that are needed to be passed by the applicant so that the employment will already take place. More than the offer of the company, it is also important for the applicant to make efforts in meeting the deadlines for the passing of the employment materials.
- Make sure that there will be two copies of the job appointment letter. This is to assure that the first one is the record of the company and the other one is for the applicant to keep. This will allow the two parties to have references and proofs that nothing has been changed, tampered, or removed in the signed arrangement.
- Do not forget to properly format the letter to showcase cohesion, professionalism, and other corporate values and characteristics needed to impress the applicant.
- Assure that the individual is aware of the expectations of the company from the applicant.
- Do not forget to acquire a signed copy of the letter may it be for the assurance of letter receipt or for the decision that the applicant has already made regarding the job appointment.
- Provide the contact information that the applicant may reach should the applicant have questions regarding the appointment letter inclusions.
- Be specific about the required date of letter return to make the company be aware of the decision of the applicant in a duration of time where employment is already needed to be implemented to continue the proper operations of the business.
Auditor Appointment Letter Templates
Auditor Appointment Letter
Draft Auditor Appointment Letter
Standard Appointment Letters for Non Executive
Standard Appointment Letter for Non Executive Director
Non Executive Director Letter of Appointment
Director Appointment Letter Templates
Template of Appointment for Independent Director
Independent Director Appointment Letter
Example Director Appointment Letter
Board of Director Appointment Letter
Faculty Appointment Letter
Aside from the usual corporate professions, an appointment letter may also be given to prospective faculty members of an academic institution. A few of the information that should be included in a faculty or Teacher Appointment Letter are as follows:
- The name of the prospective faculty member to whom the appointment letter is for
- The date of the appointment letter creation
- The offer statement for a particular position
- The teaching employment condition
- The semester or academic letter which will serve as the start of the employment of the faculty
- The pay period dates of teaching
- The particular teaching assignment that will be given to the applicant upon the acceptance of the appointment
- The teaching days that the faculty member need to include in the member’s curriculum preparation
- The matrix for the salary computation
- The educational level of the students that the faculty needs to teach
- The requirements that the applicant need to pass for the faculty employment to push through
- The name of the person who made the letter and to whom the faculty applicant will initially report
Board of Director Appointment Letter
More so, an appointment letter may also be used to appoint a new member of a company’s board of directors. An appointment letter used for this particular purpose includes the following details:
- The kind of director position that the person will be holding upon the acceptance of the appointment
- The committee where the individual will act as a chairman as per the pursuant of the provisions of the company
- The formal date of appointment as a Director
- The date of expiry of the appointment and other information about its implementation
- The time commitment that is needed to be practiced and followed by the hired director
- The calendar of dates for the board meetings and other details about discussions and other gatherings that the director needs to be present at
- The duties and roles of directors that the new board director needs to be aware of
- The fees that will serve as payments for the services that the director will provide to the board and the company
- Identification of conflicts of interest
- The confidentiality of the discussion especially those that talk about the functions of the board of directors
- The trading rules that are needed to be known by the new director
- Information about the notification of personal information for the usage of the board
- The terms and regulations of board appointment
- The manner of appointment
- The codes of conduct that the individual needs to follow should s/he accept the given appointment as a member of the board of directors
Other than the appointment letter samples and templates that are available for download in this page, you may also be interested to browse through and download our samples of Contractor Appointment Letters for a different variety of the usage of appointment letters.