Are you a tenured employee who have decided that it is now time for you to leave your position and retire peacefully? If you are, then you need to be able to hand out a well-crafted and professional retirement resignation letter.
For your guidance, we have collected a variety of retirement Resignation Letter Templates for you to select from. These can serve as your basis for when you’re drafting your resignation letter.
158+ Resignation Letter Templates in PDF | Word | Google Docs | Apple Pages -START DOWNLOADING
Free Early Retirement Resignation Letter
Retirement Resignation Letter Template
Retirement Resignation Letter to Employer
Funny Retirement Resignation Letter
Early Retirement Resignation
Retirement Announcement Resignation Letter
What Is A Resignation Letter?
A resignation letter is the document handed by an employee who would like to express his/her desire to end his/her connection with the company where he/she is currently working. Resignation letters are formal letters that makes the act of leaving a company more professional and formal. Quitting a job can be an effect of different factors and they are as follows:
- An employee needs to focus on other things like advanced education or a business
- An employee has already found a new job with a higher paycheck or better benefits
- An employee is pregnant and there are pregnancy issues and concerns that are needed to be taken cared of
- An employee has health complications or any other medical conditions that makes him/her unable to do his/her daily work functions
- An employee decided to shift to another career or industry
No matter what your reason is for resigning, what is important is for you to respect and follow the regulations of the business about this matter. Sending your resignation letter first and letting the management know that you are leaving can help them address issues and/or find a suitable candidate that can take over your post so that the entire operations will not be affected. More so, giving a formal resignation letter is a sign of respect and gratefulness for all the opportunities that the business has provided you with.
What Is A Retirement Resignation Letter?
Tenured employees of businesses provide a retirement resignation letter to signify their willingness to resign due to old age. Retirement resignation letters are typically given by employees who has been providing their services to the business for a long period of time. Since most employees who retire have spent years in the company, sending a retirement resignation letter serves as a sweet goodbye to what has been a great exchange between the employee and the employer.
A retirement resignation letter does not mean that the employee has ill feelings to the employer since there are cases where it can be a forced resignation. Always be reminded that the retirement age of people varies on the state or country where the business is located. When making your retirement resignation letter, make sure to specify the pension clause mentioned in the contract agreement. This will allow the business to be aware that you expect your pension and other benefits to materialize depending on what has been initially agreed upon.
For more reference regarding resignation letters, you may want to check out our collection of Employee Resignation Letter Templates. Simply click on the link provided.
Retirement Resignation Letter in Word
Retirement Letter Sample
Sample Resignation Letter Format
What Is the Process of Handing Out a Resignation Letter?
Before you hand in a retirement resignation letter, you need to observe some helpful guidelines first:
- Check the laws of your governing state regarding retirement procedures and what are your legal retirement benefits.
- Review your employment contract and check the provisions regarding your retirement. Make sure that you retire at the age when you can benefit from a monthly or quarterly retirement pension.
- Check your company policies, rules, and procedures on the appropriate process for retirement resignation. Most of the time, companies require a two-week notice period before your actual resignation, and your failure to observe such a rule may affect your eligibility for your retirement funds.
Now that you are well-informed of the necessary guidelines you need to observe first before handing out a resignation letter, then you are ready to craft one now! Also, check out our collection of Job Resignation Letter Templates by clicking on the link provided.