A counter offer letter is a document sent by an applicant who has received a job offer from his or her prospective employer but is not satisfied with the items that are included in the specific offer letter. Counteroffer letters are applicable to be done if you think that your quality of work and the value that you can add up to the company are above par the offer inclusions being given to you.
There are many samples of counteroffer letters available online for you to choose the best one and edit it as per your liking. Other than that, we also have various letter template samples, which you may use as references in creating various kinds of letters used in different purposes and functions.
Free Counter Offer Letter
The above template is a counteroffer letter that will show you how to make the right offer sample letter regarding the compensation you have been designated too. A counteroffer letter can be described as a letter that shows what should be written in such a letter, the tone to be maintained, etc. It can be easily edited, customized and printed anytime, anywhere. Check it out now!
Free Counter Offer Letter for Business
A business counteroffer letter can be defined as a letter between two companies/entities who have different views and offers for a certain deal they are dealing with at the moment. Such counteroffers are usually given concerning the level and also, the adjustments of either of the companies. Check the letter of resignation for more. This usually works during the collaboration of two or more companies.
Counter Offer Letter Template
A counter offer letter is a job proposal written by an applicant over an unsatisfactory job offer. Sometimes, when you are looking for a new job, you may not be satisfied with the salary the employers are offering. In these cases, you can think of writing a counter offer letter to negotiate with the employers. In situations, like the leave benefits, insurance, etc. are also considered in writing a counter offer letter. Take note of the following points when you write a counter offer letter:
- Address your employer directly
- Write your interest in the company and state why you are an ideal candidate for the position you are applying
- In the body of the letter, you need to write about the things you want to negotiate with the employer(s)
You can check out Counter Offer Letter Templates for ideas.
Free Counter Offer Letter For Commercial Lease
When doing business, it is wise to consider terms and offer counteroffers before accepting anything. When dealing with a commercial lease, you can make good use of the above-mentioned template, which will be of great help to you. All you would have to do is download the template, edit and customize it to fit your needs and requirements perfectly. Try it out now!
Salary Counter Offer Letter Template
Job Counter Offer Letter Template
Creating a Counteroffer Letter in 5 Steps:
Step 1: Purpose of the Letter
You need to know as to what is the purpose of your letter before you start writing one. This gives you a better idea and a good chance to be convincing enough with the choice of words and sentences you use for the employer. Showing why you are the right and the strong candidate for the position is very important, so be careful with the words you choose to express them.
Step 2: Introduction
The first thing for you to do would be to begin by highlighting your interest in the company and maybe a reason or two on why this your perfect choice of work. Letter templates in Pages will help you create the right type of letters you need. This makes a mark on the employer’s mind as to why you are worth the extra money and the benefits you would get if you are selected.
Step 3: Body
A counteroffer letter means you are giving the other person a counteroffer for a compensation package they have mentioned for you. So, explain with a short paragraph on what is your counteroffer for the compensation provided. Clearly state the offer, the counteroffer you want to provide and why you think the counteroffer is more appropriate than the offer itself.
Step 4: Conclusion
Highlight the reason for your request and tell them how excited you are to work with the company, no matter the post. You can also offer to meet the employer in person if you need to discuss anything further or you can also ask the employer to contact you in case there are ant more negotiations to make. Remember to put your offer letter in a formal format, so that it looks professional and business-like.
Step 5: Review
Once you are done writing the counteroffer letter, make sure that you review it well, so that you know that there are no mistakes or errors that you do not need in the letter. This way, you would be through on what you are writing, just so to be ready to talk to the employer if he/she finds your offer perfect for the role and responsibilities you have. Review and then send it in.
Salary Negotiation Counter Offer Letter Template
Reject Counter Offer Letter Example
Counter Offer Letter for Property
Salary Counter Offer Letter
A salary counter offer letter may be sent to the company by the applicant if these issues arise:
- The salary that the applicant is currently or previously getting from his or her current/past employer is higher than what is being offered by the company where he or she is applying for a new job post.
- The salary offer may be deemed too low when compared to the amount of workload that is given to the applicant by the company. There are job positions that require overtime and a lot of devotion, which is the reason why people who are hired in these professional positions must be given considerations in terms of the salary that they were expecting. You can also see the employment offer letter for more.
- The qualifications of the applicant require a higher salary compared to other people who have handled the same job. Though the same job functions will be done, the results may vary depending on the effectiveness and productivity of the person who will be hired by the company.
- The salary offer is considered low compared to industry standards and other salary offers of businesses in the same field and operations.
Decline Counter Offer Letter Example
Counter Company Offer Letter Template
Job Function Counter Offer Letter
Apart from issues regarding salary offer, may also be sent by the employee to his/her prospective employer if there are any certain adjustments that are requested to be done regarding the job functions of the work role being offered. Letter templates in Word can be of great use to you while creating the right letter of any kind. A few of the reasons why a job function counter offer letter must be made are as follows:
- There are too many job functions that are included in a specific job position where it is very evident that the employer wants to fully maximize the skills and the services that can be provided and delivered by an individual.
- Based on industry standards, the work functions for a specific operational activity included in the offer should not be a part of the items that the applicant to whom the letter is for should provide.
- The job position being offered is not the job position that the applicant applied for.
- The actual job description of the work position is different from what is written in the job hiring ad placements of the company.
- The job description of the specific position is different from what the applicant has expected.
Mention is it the whole package you want to counter or only portions of it like benefits, perks, incentives, bonuses, etc. Do good research on the company before you write the letter. Give clear reasons backed with enough research points.
You want to remind the employer that you are worthy of a higher salary with the experience, qualifications, and contacts you have. Do not demand, but mention them in the best way possible, to convince the employer. Sell yourself by showing why you are the deserving candidate and giving string reasons as to why you deserve the compensation package you mentioned in the letter as well.