How do you represent the ocean in a unique and beautiful way? One can easily draw waves to illustrate his love for the sea, among other things related to sea life such as the beach or animals living in the water. Yet waves are undoubtedly the most elegant and perhaps the most appropriate association a person can make with the ocean.
Waves can be a useful and essential design element that you can add to your design project to create a visually stimulating image. We have collected some vector designs of this squiggly, wavy, and curvy elements for you to download and use for free. For commercial purposes, though, you may want to check with the publisher for any restrictions.
4729+ Graphic Templates - Microsoft Word (DOC), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, HTML5, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator (AI) - START DOWNLOADING
Abstract Vector Wave
Free Vector Wave
Vector Water Wave
Vector Sound Wave
How to Use Vector Waves
Most graphic designers use vector waves on their design projects for various purposes and different meanings. Here are some reasons why waves are a staple in any digital design.
- It illustrates flow. What other ways to represent water and the ocean than using waves and its flowing qualities. Waves can be great background ideas if you want to depict movement and motion in your designs.
- It represents hobbies or profession. Professions such as sailors or boatmen and hobbies such as surfing or swimming are best represented with wave elements for the fact they work in water. Using wave vectors will enable them to tell their stories.
- It depicts the constant motion of life. Designers use waves as a symbol of the constant motion of life as the ocean keeps on moving. It can show that time will not wait for you and you will not live forever, so you need to keep moving.
- It cleanses and purifies. Just as waves represent water, having wave elements into your designs provides your audience a way to cleanse and purify their visions from other design elements in your image.
These vector water waves are a great choice to express your love of the ocean or your longing to live a life of freedom and endless possibilities. Therefore, download these vectors now and start creating masterpieces that speaks your true heart.
Vector Ocean Wave
Vintage Vector Wave
Beach Vector Wave
Music Vector Wave
Wave Vector Banner
Although waves can be generally simple, different artistic representations have become well known and are used for specific reasons by designers. Here are some types of waves that has become an art form in itself.
- The Hokusai Wave. Perhaps the most famous type of wave seen around and almost everywhere, the Hokusai wave comes from a famous work of art by a nineteenth-century Japanese artist entitled The Great Wave off Kanagawa.
- 3D waves. A more realistic and natural-looking wave type that can be great in prints and illustrations is the 3D wave. A 3D design can capture minor details such as depth and creates a very stunning image.
- Watercolor waves. What more can you give a wave tattoo to look great than a watercolor effect. Painting waves in watercolor is a practical way to epitomize the ocean or other bodies of water.
- Tribal waves. Tribal themes are one of those early styles that are bold and strong, as depicted in wave tattoos of some early people. Although they may be ancient in origin, they are still as relevant nowadays.
For other ocean and water design ideas, take a look at our compilation of beach vectors!