11+ Letterhead Templates in Pages
People still write letters until now, and we are actually referring to handwritten letters using pen and paper. This is very common among businesses and organizations, although people still use it simply for conveying personal notes. But if there’s one thing that’s evident in professional letters, it’s the letterhead.
This is a feature that’s present in all business or company documents, not just letters. Some letterheads are seen only on the heading, others extend to the bottom of the document. If you are running a business or are leading an organization, then our collection of letterhead templates may be very useful to you.
Elements of an Impressive Letterhead
A letterhead may not say much for your document aside from enhancing its appearance and provide readers with additional information, but it still needs to have the right set of elements for it to be considered impressive and useful.
1. Name and logo: Give them a reason to be impressed with your document through the use of an impressive letterhead, and the presence of your business’ or organization’s name on it can get readers to associate the document with you. Also, if you’ve already made a good impression towards an audience, then they will most likely be more attracted to documents that bear your business’ name and logo.
2. Street address: Right below the business’ name and logo, you should also indicate the street address of the business’ office. With this element, those who have appointments or simply want to come by your office can do so easily. Aside from that, people can also use this element if they intend on sending something to the business’ office through postal services.
3. Contact’s name: While this is actually an optional element, it is recommended that you include this to provide readers with information on who to look for when they need to get in touch with the business. However, if you allow anyone in the company to entertain callers or prospects, then you may choose not to include this element.
4. Contact numbers: Obviously, what’s the use of a contact person if you don’t include a contact number? Of course, it is very important to include your contact number on your letterhead to give readers information on how the business can be reached. For this element, don’t limit yourself to just a telephone number, you should also include mobile and fax numbers if you have one.
5. Email address: And the last essential element that should be seen on your letterhead is your email address. While this is also considered a piece of contact information, you should write this separately in order to give emphasis to it. There are people who prefer to reach out not by phone but by emailing, which makes this element a very good alternative to the contact numbers already provided.
11+ Letterhead Templates in Pages
As promised, here is our collection of letterhead templates that you can download and use. If you hadn’t known yet, these templates are all in Pages format, which means that you’ll be able to enjoy them the most if you use the right editing tool.
Search Engine Letterhead Template
Wedding Planners Letterhead Design
Available File Formats
Sample Spa Letterhead
Advertising Agency Letterhead Example
Event Planner Letterhead Sample
Travel Agency Letterhead Template
Restaurant Letterhead Template
Corporate Company Letterhead
Medical Doctors Letterhead Format
Personal Letterhead Layout
Professional Services Letterhead Design
Modern Company Letterhead Example
Steps to Designing a Great Letterhead
Indeed, how should you design your letterhead? There are multiple ways of doing it but if you want your letterheads to come out great at all times, then you probably should follow the list of steps provided below.
1. Prepare the content of your letterhead: When talking about the content of letterheads, this actually refers to the elements that we have previously mentioned. Scroll back up to the list of elements that should be included on letterheads and write a draft of those details.
2. Decide on a color scheme that matches with the business’ theme: The color scheme of your letterhead is part of the business’ branding personality which means that it should be consistent all throughout your marketing tools and documents. This way, people can easily associate you with your documents and vice versa.
3. Download a letterhead template: While designing letterheads can easily be done from scratch, why not take advantage of downloadable templates that you can get from the internet. We have ten beautifully-designed letterhead templates in this article that you can choose from, simply click on the download button to get started.
4. Edit the template using Apple Pages: The templates that we have gathered in this article are all in Pages format, which means that you’ll only be able to make the most out of them if you edit them using Apple Pages. With that tool, you’ll be able to edit the template easily and fully while still keeping it high quality.
5. Finalize your letterhead: The final step of the process is attaching the edited letterhead to your word processor. Depending on the software you’re using, they have their own method of adding the letterhead, so be sure to familiarize with how it’s done to save you some time when your creating documents.
Simple Tips for an Excellent Letterhead Layout
Even if you already know how to design your letterheads, the layout may still not be enough to capture the attention of the people. To help you ensure that your letterheads indeed do that, here is a list of some very useful layout tips.
- Be familiar with the basics of letterheads to know what needs to be done.
- Add a beautiful, high-quality border to the layout.
- Print in the best settings to bring out the best in the layout.
Types of Letterheads
Letterheads are used for different purposes and there are also different types of letterheads to choose from. While these letterhead types mostly differ according to how they’re used, they also differ according to their designs and contents.
1. Standard letterhead: This refers to the type of letterhead that is commonly used to represent the entity as a whole and also for an administrative or service-oriented approach. A standard letterhead only consists of the entity’s name and address, as well as their logo or a watermark of it if they have one.
2. Specialized letterhead: A specialized letterhead is very similar to the standard except for the fact that this type actually comes from a particular department of the business. A specialized letterhead may come from the business’ legal, accounting, or marketing department, and it is indicated on the design simply to inform the reader.
3. Custom letterhead: While the specialized letterhead focused more on being specific as to what department it came from, the custom letterhead is more inclined on the subject. This type of letterhead is commonly used for documents to communicate information within the company such as memos or presentations.
4. Executive letterhead: Lastly, this type of invitation is somewhat similar to the custom type wherein it is intended to a specific audience or subject matter. An executive letterhead is usually evident on documents or letters coming from a single specific executive. Also, this type of letterhead is only reserved for employees at the director level or higher.
Sizes of Letterheads
Not only do letterheads have different appearances and purposes, but they also come in different sizes. However, you are allowed to make up your own letterhead size as long as the contents fit inside it without cluttering the design.
- 5.5 by 8.5 inches
- 11 by 17 inches
- 8.5 by 11 inches
- 8.5 by 14 inches
- 8.27 by 11.69 inches
FAQs about Letterheads
Aside from the information provided above, there are still a few more that you should know regarding letterheads. We have answered some questions that people have frequently asked, and we hope these are enough to educate you further.
What is the purpose of the letterhead?
A letterhead serves as an additional advertising and branding tool for the business or organization.
How are letterheads important?
Just like a logo, a letterhead represents the company and helps in giving their prospects an initial impression.
While Microsoft has Word, Apple also has Pages for creating stunning documents. If you indeed prefer using Pages as your word processing tool, then the templates in this article are perfect for you. Not only are these letterhead templates highly compatible with the program, but they are also high quality and were designed by professionals.