There are many kinds of people and businesses out there that have things that they would want to sell. One of the main problems they have is that they need to find ways to get potential customers to actually want to buy whatever they’re selling. A good way to fix that problem is to send these customers sales promotion letters that would give them a good reason to purchase whatever they’re being offered. You may also see promotion samples.
In the event that you’re going to make a sales letter for a promotion of a product, you’ll want to learn how to properly promote any kind of product that you plan on selling. With a proper sales promotion letter, you’ll be able to influence the reader in one way to agree with your point of view, which would eventually lead to him or her buying whatever you’re trying to sell.
Business Sales Proposal Promotion Template
Professional Sales Promotion Letter
Sales Cover Promotion Letter Example PDF
Sales Representative Promotion Cover Letter
Retail Sales Cover Promotion Letter
The Difference between a Sales Letter and Sales Promotion Letter
Although they sound basically the same, there are a few distinctions between a sales letter and a sales promotion letter. So a sales letter is something that
- aims more at selling a particular goods ad services to a customer,
- has a more formal style of writing,
- the tone and attitude of a sales letter is one that convinces the person to buy the product or service, and
- tries to motivate the reader by giving details of the product or service as well as other information that tells him or her to buy.
A sales promotion letter, on the other hand,
- focuses more on creating a good relationship with the buyer,
- has more of an informal style of writing,
- is a letter that’s issued to someone during an important kind of event or circumstance,
- has more of a suggestive tone and attitude to tell the buyer to think about the product or service, and
- expresses more of a desire to serve the reader of his or her needs.
The Main Objectives of a Sales Promotion
The point of a sales promotion is to make sure that there’s a change in the demand pattern of a company’s pattern on the demand of its products and services. What this basically means is that it should provide important marketing information to potential customers, convince and influence these potential customers through different types of persuasive measures, and it should also act as one of the most important tools to be used against a company’s competition. With all of that in mind, here are the main objectives of creating a proper sales promotion.
- It’s to introduce customers to new products and services. With a good sales promotion, it will motivate readers to try out products and services that could possibly meet both their wants and needs. Usually, these sales promotions come with a product list as well as a service list to give the reader a good idea as to what he or she may consider purchasing. Also, discounts in either cash or goods can also be offered to dealers who would like to stock new products or to those who would like to deal with different services.
- A good sales promotion attracts new customers. If you know how to create a proper sales promotion letter, then that’s important considering that you would want your company to gain as many new customers as it can get. Usually, you would be able to gain new customers by winning them away from other competition. One of the best ways to do that is by doing a customer analysis that will help you know what you should place in your sales promotion that should allow you to win them over. So consider things like gifts or prizes that could encourage these potential customers into trying a new brand of product or to make these people shift to newer and better dealers, specifically your business.
- It should make sure that all of your existing customers are motivated to buy more of whatever you’re selling. Although a business should try and get as many customers as it can, it shouldn’t forget about those customers who are still willing to deal with it. So the sales promotion should get these existing customers to buy more. So things like product development, buying two products for the price of one, or even discount vouchers and/or coupons are some of the best kind of sale promotion tools that will ensure that a business’s current customers are motivated to buying a specific or multiple products.
- The sales promotion ensures that the company remains competitive within the industry. There are a lot of companies that do what they can to make a great sales promotion to ensure that they’re still relevant within the market as well as making sure that their competitors understand that they’re there to do business. Which is why a company should always have a sales agenda and it should undertake sales promotional activities to remain within the competitive market for as long as it is able to.
- A sales promotion should be able to increase a company’s sales even during off-seasons. During off-seasons, there are some products that people won’t buy considering that it’s not the right time to use them or that they’re just not needed during that certain period. So products such as air conditioners or fans have seasonal demand. Dealers or manufacturers have to do what they can to make sure that there’s a consistent and stable demand for these products no matter time of the year it may be. A good example of being able to do that is by placing discount labels or price reductions on seasonal products to ensure that customers buy them even during slack seasons.
- It should add to the stock of dealers. Dealers are wholesalers or retailers who often deal with a large variety of goods that they would need to sell to the public. Their selling would go a lot smoother if they had a manufacturer that would provide them with what they needed. So when any kind of product or service is backed up by a good sales promotion, then one can expect to have dealers to include these items to sell to customers.
Hotel Sales Promotion Proposal
Business Sales Proposal Promotion Letter
Catering Sales Promotion Letter
Formal Business Sale Promotion Letter
Business Sales Proposal Promotion Letter
How to Draft a Good Sales Promotion Letter
- You should determine your target audience before you start making the draft. Your letter will make much more of an impact if you’re able to address the needs and desires of the people that you’re sending it to. So it’s best that you create a detailed profile of the audience you’re aiming for and include demographic details such as the age, gender, and the socioeconomic status of these people. A good way to do this kind of information is by having people answer customer surveys or questionnaires. Once you’ve gathered everything you need, you’ll have to write to the customers that you’re hoping to attract. So put yourself in their shoes to help you determine what they would possibly want to buy from you. In the event that you’re writing for more than just one type of audience, then you’ll need to create different letters that cater to their different needs and desires.
- Grab the reader’s attention and entice that person to want to know more about what he or she would want to possibly buy from you. So one of the best things to do is to open your letter with something like a surprising fact or thought-provoking questions that will really get your reader thinking. Describe the kind of challenges that your readers might just be facing so that you’re showing that you understand whatever troubles he or she has.
- Describe your product and service as much as you can. First, you’ll need to promote your business by showing what it does and any other information that the reader might just want to know about. Then you discuss the types of products and services that you’re offering, each of their purposes, and how all of them differ from whatever your competition is selling. Introduce your customer to the company by stating your company’s values and by showing facts and statistics such as awards or the success rate of all of your products and services. If the reader is able to go through all of this, then that person is more willing to trust and do business with you.
- Your promotional letter should create some sort of desire within the reader to go after whatever you’re offering. Do not just list the features of the product, but also you should be able to describe the different benefits the reader would gain should he or she purchase the product. So you’ll need to attract the reader by appealing to what they want such as stating the product could increase the reader’s energy once bought. You must also eliminate the sense of risk or doubts by offering the reader a no-strings-attached trial run. You may even produce a sense of urgency by providing a limited time offer or discount on the product to give the reader more motivation to check out and possibly even buy whatever you have to offer.
- End your promotional letter with a call to action. Once you’ve provided the reader with everything that needs to be known, then you’ll need to point out what exactly it is you want them to do. And that something is to make them buy whatever you’re offering. Make sure that you present only one call to action and include additional information such as your contact number, office location, and hours of operation.