A certificate is a thin piece of paper an entity holds or gives to as a confirmation on a particular interest. This is a proof of on what an entity has achieved just like how an employment certificate certifies the employment of a newly hired or resigning employee.
The process of certification which results to certificate writing depends on the standards a business or an accrediting party has set. Various institutions and individuals undergo the common procedures of certification. The following certificate templates which are downloadable in PDF formats can be your source for blank certificate templates applicable for various purposes.
Award Certificate Templates
Award Certificate Example
Blank Certificate Templates
Blank Certificate of Appreciation
Blank Business Certificate
Blank Participation Certificate
Blank Officer’s Certificate
What Is a Certificate?
A certificate is a document attesting the qualifications or characteristics of an individual, an object, or an organization. The process with which a certificate is made for pertains to certification. Examples of a certificate include stock certificate templates and participation certificate templates as provided on this website.
Common Elements of a Certificate
The presented certificate templates in Word formats of this website illustrates a certificate format containing the following common elements of a certificate:
- Title of Certificate – At the top of the certificate is a title which serves as an overview of the type of certificate that is issued.
- Recipient of the Certificate – This element pertains to the entity being awarded with the certification with the certificate as the physical proof.
- Description of Certification – The definition as to what the certification is about indicates the context of the certificate as illustrated on this element.
- Origin of the Certificate – This pertains to the organization who rendered the certification to the receiving entity.
- Date of Certification – The date the certification is given to the entity is incorporated on the certificate.
- Signatories – The persons who attests to the certification has their signatures affixed on top of their printed names on the certificate.
Congratulations Certificate Templates
Congratulations Certificate Example
Congratulations Gift Certificate
Donation Certificate Templates
School Donation Certificate
Free Certificate for Donation
Blood Donation Certificate
Experience Certificate Templates
Work Experience Certificate
Certificate for Research Experience
Payment Certificate Templates
Rent Payment Certificate
Final Payment Certificate
Payment Progress Certificate
Certificate Template Types
To aid you in browsing the provided certificate samples on this website, the following are the certificate template types you need to know about:
- Donation Certificate Templates – This certifies that an entity has donated to another in the monetary or industrial forms. An example of this template is a blood donation certificate template.
- Professional Certificate Templates – This pertains to the authenticity of the work experience a professional has achieved. This is earned along with the educational degree an individual has attained.
- Business Certificate Templates – This allows a business to operate for a particular period of time as granted by the government the business is under jurisdiction of.
- Payment Certificate Templates – This certificate template is used to acknowledge a payment done by the purchaser to the seller.
- Recognition Certificate Templates – This serves as a way of appreciating the efforts of an entity in meeting the standards set forth by the recognizing body. An example template include the blank appreciation certificate template.
- Sports Certificate Templates – This template affirms the participation of sports teams in a sports event.
- Training Certificate Templates – Workshops and training programs are often held by a third party with which arises the need of a certification for the attendance of the trainees.
- Voucher Certificate Templates – This is used to attest that the receiving entity will be paid for in the completion of the services to be rendered or the products to be supplied.
- Warranty Certificate Templates – Buyers of electronic devices and equipment are given a definite warranty in case the product fails to function properly due to defect in its parts.
- Participation Certificate Templates – This certificate template will affirm your participation in any formal event or gathering.
Recognition Certificate Templates
Blank Recognition Certificate
Special Recognition Certificate
Award Recognition Certificate
Certificate for Service Recognition
Sports Certificate Template
Sports Day Certificate
Training Certificate Template
Standard Training Certificate
Certificate for Child Care Training
What Is a Certificate Authority?
A certificate authority is the certifying body in charge of issuing digital certificates to relevant entities. A digital certificate is an affirmation that the named entity on the certification is the owner of a public key. This authority applies to the acknowledgment of certificates to be used on HTTPS which pertains to the secure browsing standard operating procedure of the World Wide Web.
Uses of Digital Certificates
As depicted on the samples of a free certificate template on this website, a digital certificate differs to most printable certificate template because of the following uses of a digital certificate:
- To authenticate network sites and servers. Having digital certificates verifies the public key of the website or server you are providing to the public. This certificate will assure the users that you are a reliable and secure source of information and communication.
- To encrypt information which needs to be kept confidential. Divorce certificate templates are often created with utmost confidentiality as the information of the divorce should be kept within the parties involved. The same is true for websites who provides services such as banks which involve personal information of their clients arising the need to encrypt these sensitive information as protection from Internet risks.
- To serve as evidence that the data is reliable. A digital certificate, similar to the sample sports certificate templates, is used to certify that the origin of the information is legitimate and reliable which applies particularly to e-commerce business sites.
Voucher Certificate Template
Contract Voucher Certificate
Warranty Certificate Templates
Product Warranty Certificate
Certificate for Roofing Warranty
Attendance Certificate Templates
Conference Attendance Certificate
Certificate for Meeting Attendance
Seminar Attendance Certificate
Tips in Wording Certificates
In writing certificates, like the sample Doctor Certificate Templates and Leadership Certificate Templates of this website, proper usage of words is essential to make a certificate that is formally and professionally procured to serve its purpose. Here are tips you can follow in wording certificates:
- Since it applies to most certification purposes, use the words “Certificate of“ or “Award” on the title of the certificate.
- Presenting the certificate to the recipient’s name can be done with the use of the following phrases:
- This is to certify that
- This is hereby presented to
- This is awarded to
- The entity giving the certificate must be stated after the recipient’s name with the use of the preposition by.
- The description of the certificate starts with the usage of the following phrases:
- in recognition of
- for the outstanding performance in
- to give appreciation on
- The date on the certificate must be the date the certificate is to be issued to the receiving entity and no the date of certificate creation. You can use different formats of formally presenting dates.
Certificates are essential since it acknowledges the efforts of various entities being awarded with. Don’t forget to look into the various formats of certificates as illustrated on the certificate templates in PDF formats of this website which are available for your perusal.