Template.net offers a variety of reference letters for you may it be for employment, academic, or character reference purposes. A simple letter of recommendation or also known as a reference letter can help you in landing a job, scholarship, or any undertaking that you desire.
In a reference letter, the sender is vouching that you have favorable skills and character. It is a way for some prospective employers in verifying your the points that you include in your resume. That’s why a reference letter must be professionally written. If you still need to be guided when writing an effective job reference letter, then using Reference Letter Templates and samples is the best thing that you can do.
96+ Job Templates in PDF | Word | Excel | PSD | Google Docs | InDesign | Apple Pages | HTML5 | Google Sheets | Publisher | Apple Numbers | Illustrator - START DOWNLOADING
Personal Job Reference Letter
Job Application Letter
Three Major Categories of Reference Letters
Reference letters are not just solely used for job-related purposes. It is dynamic in nature. It is also used and directed for other purposes. Here are some of them:
- Job-related letters. This are mostly written by an authorized person that is in position to guarantee that the particular job applicant has the skills and and relevant characteristics. They are commonly written by the applicant’s former human resource officer or immediate supervisor.
- Character reference letters. Compared to job-related letters, character reference letters are less formal. It has variety of uses as the need arises such as in cases of adoption or the like.
- Academic reference letters. These kinds of letters are mostly used by students in applying for scholarships, internships, or graduate studies.
A Variety of Reference Letters
As you can see, we’ve provided you with an array of reference letter templates. Here are some of our featured templates:
- Job reference letter. In here, the sender vouch that the particular employee that the qualifications and job experiences claimed by the applicant that he or she indicated in his or her resume are genuine.
- Teacher reference letter. As a teacher, a good reference letter would be a great help for you to land a job. As you can see from the sample letter, the outstanding and positive characteristics are emphasized.
Aside from them, you can also refer to our Rental Reference Letter Templates which are also of great quality and content.
Job Reference Letter for Student
Accounting Job Reference Letter
Bank Job Reference Letter
Marketing Job Reference Letter
Medical Job Reference Letter
Nursing Job Reference Letter
How to Write a Reference Letter?
Like any other formal letters, reference letters also follows a basic format in being comprehensive and concise. Here are some basic points you can consider:
- Explain how you know the applicant. Indicate the particular position you hold and the company or institution you work for.
- Provide how long you’ve known the applicant.
- Emphasize the applicant’s strengths and positive qualifications such as his or her achievements and exceptional conduct, if there are any.
- Provide a short explanation why your views of the applicant can be considered true and genuine.
- In making reference to the applicant’s resume, ensure that you cite it correctly and provide a short explanation about the highlighted skills and characteristics of the applicant.
- For follow-up correspondence, you can also freely provide your updated contact details for you to keep in touch.
- Always check for mistakes. Nothing beats a clean, professional-looking letter.
These are some points that you can consider in writing a reference letter. Aside from them, you can also check out our College Reference Letter Templates for specific details and samples.