A cover letter is a document that is attached to the résumé of applicants whenever they are applying for a work position. It serves as the letter intended for the prospective employer to read first before going through the pages of an applicant’s résumé.
A cover letter gives a short preview about the applicant and the items that he or she wants to highlight. If you are an aspiring administrative assistant and you want to create a cover letter that you may use in your applications, we have available Cover Letter Templates ready for download.
Cover Letter For Entry Level Administrative Assistant
Finance Administrative Assistant Cover Letter Template
Cover Letter For Receptionist Administrative Assistant
Cover Letter For Medical Administrative Assistant
Cover Letter For School Administrative Assistant
Cover Letter For Executive Administrative Assistant
Writing Your Cover Letter
As an administrative assistant applicant, you need to understand that the job requires more technical skills than experiences. Hence, your cover letter must contain both of those but should focus more on the skills set that you have acquired from your professional experiences and how can they be of help to the company that you want to work for.
For a more appealing cover letter, we believe the following information will help you improve your cover letters:
- Your personal want to apply your knowledge and skills into action. Let them know that you want to practice what you have learned from your past experiences and that it will only be possible if they hire you.
- Your knowledge about the company and how your skills and experiences are related to them. It is a good start of conversation in the hiring process if you are able to show them that you already know the nature of the company and how you will be an added value to the operations.
- A preview of the skill set. You don’t need to enumerate every skills that you have here as it is already written in your résumé. Just give them an overall view of those skills and how it can help them either maintain or better their working processes.
- Your willingness to learn through them. Be sure to let them feel that your skills are of importance and you wanted them to be the company to make use of them. Also, make sure that you do not hard sell yourself and assure the fact that you are open for new learning and experiences.
You may use our Executive Assistant Cover Letter samples and Professional Cover Letter Templates as your references.
Legal Administrative Assistant Cover Letter
Administrative Assistant Cover Letter For University
No Experience Administrative Assistant Cover Letter
If you do not have any experiences as an administrative assistant yet, kindly browse through our website’s collection of Entry Level Cover Letter so you can have an idea how you can write a cover letter for entry-level applicants.
On the other hand, if you have professional experiences as an administrative assistant, be sure to highlight technical skills in your cover letter that is usable for the company operations, which may include but is not limited to the following:
- Administrative Task Handling
- Creation of professional messages for company transactions made by executives
- Ability to work with a diverse workforce
- Scheduling of appointments; and
- Providing support for the company and its employees.
All of these will be help your application, so always keep them in mind.