A formal reference letter is written by another individual who would like to recommend or support an entity for a specific goal they would like to achieve. Formal reference letters are commonly seen in business processes, job applications, and organizational involvement.
This post is a collection of formal reference letter templates that you may use as guides in creating the reference letter that you would like to write for a person who have requested for your recommendation. Aside from our samples and templates of formal reference letters, we can also provide you with downloadable samples of Reference Letter and Job Reference templates in the link provided.
22+ Reference Templates - Microsoft Word (DOC), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator (AI) - START DOWNLOADING
Formal Business Reference Letter
Formal Work Letter
Formal Job Template
Selecting Appropriate References
A few reasons why selection appropriate references to write a reference letter for you are as follows:
- Their credentials will be reviewed by the organization or institution to whom you will send your reference letter
- The things that they will write in the reference letter has a great impact in your application processes
- Your application will somehow be associated with the qualifications of your reference
Here are a few guidelines in selection the appropriate reference/s:
- Make sure that you are professionally related to your reference.
- As much as possible, select references that have been involved in your work processes which may include your previous supervisors, teachers, and advisers.
- The length of time that you have known each other is also essential.
We can provide you with more Sample Reference Letters in the link provided. Other than that, you may also want to download our samples of Immigration Reference Letters.
Formal Employment Format
Formal Reference Sample
Formal Reference Letter in PDF
Usages of Reference Letters
A reference letter may be used in the following instances:
- It can be used by individuals who would like to apply for a job position.
- It can also be used by businesses who would like to get the trust of their clients and other stakeholders.
- It can be used by an employee who is already up for promotion.
- It can be used by a person who would like to be involved in a charitable or volunteering activity.
Guidelines in Creating a Formal Reference Letter
If you will write a formal reference letter for someone, here are a few guidelines that you may follow:
- Assure that your choice of words are professionally done.
- Create a reference letter that highlights the qualifications and competencies of the person to whom the reference letter is for.
- Provide instances where the capabilities and skills of the individual who needs the reference letter are shown.
- Assure that you will properly structure and format the reference letter that you are making.
- Properly select a template for the specific reference letter that you are requested to do.
Aside from our reference letter templates, our samples of Bank Reference Letters are also available for download.