10+ Promotion Letter Templates
In every company, there will come a time where an employee goes beyond expectations that that he or she has to be promoted. Should that happen, the employer will first want to congratulate the employee, as well as give the option as to whether or not he or she would like to accept it.
The employer must also be able to point out exactly what the duties and responsibilities of the new positions, as well as the benefits to be gained from it. And that’s why this article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order to come up with a promotion letter.
Elements of a Good Promotion Letter
If you plan on making a promotion letter, then you should know that there are a couple of basic elements that you should always remember to include. Without them, then don’t be surprised if your letter won’t be able to convey the information that you want to.
Knowing that, here are the basic elements that you must never forget to include in any good promotion letter:
- Company Letterhead: Since this is a promotion letter, you’ll obviously want to place the name and logo of the company to ensure the recipient that he/she knows who it’s from. Be sure to place it at the top of the letter.
- Heading: It’s here where you’ll be writing down the names and addresses of the both the sender and the recipient. This is to ensure that the receiver of the letter knows exactly who made and sent, and the sender can ensure that the letter makes its way to the right person. All you have to do here is to make sure that you include all of the details, as well as include the date in which the letter was made.
- Body: This is the part of the letter where you will be providing the employee with all of the information regarding the promotion. When doing this, you’re going to have to explain everything as thoroughly as possible. This guarantees that the employee is able to understand all of the details before making the decision of whether or not to accept the new position.
- Closing: It’s here where you’ll want to formally close the letter. Since this is business-related, you’re going to have to keep the tone formal at all times. Also, point out that you’ll want to hear the employee’s response as soon as possible. Don’t forget to include your complete name and signature at the very bottom of the letter to ensure that the employee can verify exactly who made the letter.
10+ Promotion Letter samples
Promotion Application Letter
Employee Promotion Letter Format
HR Promotion Letter Template
Free Job Promotion Letter Sample
Promotion Letter Format
Promotion Letter From Employer
Free Promotion Letter Template
Recommendation for Promotion Letter Format
Sales Promotion Letter
Simple Promotion Letter Template
How to Make a Promotion Letter
Now that you know what it is that you should place in the promotional letter, then next thing that you’re going to have to do is to learn how to actually make one. There are still things that you’re going to have to consider to ensure that the one you’ve made is able to contain all of the information that you wish to present.
With that in mind, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper promotion letter:
- Know Who You’re Addressing the Letter To: The first thing that you have to do before you even consider making the letter is to know who it’s for. You want to make sure that you’re giving the promotion to the right person, meaning that you’ll need to gather all of the information you’ll need to send it to him or her.
So first is that you must know the exact name of the employee. Remember to write down his or her first name, last name, and middle initial so that the letter will make its way to the employee that deserves the promotion. Then you need to know the employee’s complete address. This is is important should you wish to send a physical letter. Even if you end up sending it via email, placing the address can help verify who the letter is meant for. Include details such as the city, zip code, street name, etc. That way, you can guarantee that the letter will make its way to the right address.
- Provide the Details of the Promotion: Next is that you move on to the to the body of the letter. It’s here where you’ll be pointing out all of the details regarding the promotion you want to give to the employee.
First you have to congratulate the employee for being chosen as the candidate for the promotion. Then you proceed to include details such as the new job title that he or she will be receiving, the duties and responsibilities that come with the promotion, and the benefits such as the increase of salary.
Take note that you will need to be thorough with your explanation as the employee will want to learn about all of the details before making a final decision. Be sure that you keep the tone of the letter formal all throughout as this is a business-related document.
- Close the Letter Properly: How you’re going to end the letter will be the same as how you opened it: in a formal manner. Make sure to point out that you would like to hear a formal response from the employee regarding the promotion offer. If you want, you can set a date in which the employee needs to send the response so that the company won’t waste time with an open position. Once that’s done, just write down your complete name and signature at the very bottom so that the recipient can verify who the letter came from.
Promotion Letter Tips
- Follow a proper format: No matter what kind of letter you end up making, it’s very important that you’re able to follow a good format. The point of doing this is because you want to present information in a way that looks organized and easy for the reader to understand. Check out samples of promotion letter so that you’ll know what kind of format you’re going to want to follow
- Always check for mistakes: A letter as important as this must not contain any mistakes whatsoever. Sending one that’s unpolished will just embarrass your image and that of the company’s. So what you will need to do is to proofread and edit whatever you can before sending it to the employee. That way, you can spot any mistakes pertaining to grammar, spelling, or whatever it is that you’ve written. Go through the letter at least twice to ensure that you’re able to immediately spot and fix whatever errors you may have missed.
Types of Promotion Letters
Take note that every company will be making different promotion letters as there are many different types of positions that an employee could be promoted. It helps for you to know exactly what types there are so that you’ll be able to easily figure out which ones you’re supposed to make. So here are a few examples:
- HR Promotion Letter
- Job Promotion Letter
- Resignation Letter Due to Lack of Promotion
In the event that you would like to learn more about the different types of promotion letters that you can make, then you may simply go through our site to get all of the information that you’re going to need.
Promotion Letter Sizes
8.5 by 11 inches is usually the standard size. Take note that while you can go with either larger or smaller sizes, they won’t be able to exude professionalism unlike if you were to go with the standard size. It’s recommended that you stick to it as it looks presentable and it’s already able to contain all of the information you want to share.
Promotion Letter FAQs
How Do You Make a Promotion Letter?
You can make use of the many different Word programs that you can find just about anywhere online. Know that the most commonly used one would happen to be Microsoft Word as it’s easy to use and it has all of the tools that you’e going to need. However, know that you can choose any of them to use as they can all help you make the letter.
Is There an Easy Way to Make One?
Yes, all you need to do is to download a promotion letter template, open it with the Word program you installed, and customize it to contain what information you want it to present. If you like, you can make use of the templates available in this article.
Although coming up with a promotion letter may take time, it’s something that you’ll have to do in order to inform an employee about his or her upcoming promotion. So make use of the information presented in this article to ensure that you’re abel to convey all of the details regarding one’s promotion.