By definition, a resume is document used by people seeking for a job to introduce themselves and present their skills and qualifications for a job to a potential employer. It acts as a branding statement as it usually a summary of their education, experience and accomplishments and is one of the most important documents along with the cover letter and CV during a job search.
We have gathered some Sample Resume Templates for anyone who is either starting out in the workforce or looking for a change in their careers to download and use. These Resume Examples contain parts and details that you can edit according to your needs and preferences. So, don’t hesitate to browse through these templates and find the perfect resume for you.
3978+ Resume Templates in Word | PSD | InDesign | Apple Pages | Publisher | Illustrator -START DOWNLOADING
Sample Resume Objective
Simple Resume Template
Professional HR Resume Template
Sample Technician Resume Template
Sample Pharmacist Resume Template
Sample Physician Resume Template
Network Engineer Resume Template
Teacher Resume Objective
Resume Objective with no Work Experience
Business Analyst Sample Resume
Technical Business Analyst
Business Development Analyst
Business Analyst/Project Manager
What Is the Importance of a Resume?
It doesn’t matter if you have a killer or basic resume. There are several reasons on why a person needs a resume and the following are some of them:
- A resume is essential for job seekers like you to get your foot in the door especially if you are trying to join the workforce for the first time.
- With hundred of applicants for a job, a resume allows employers to quickly screen potential applicants and select them for the interview.
- A clean and crisp resume increase your chances to stand out in a mountain of resumes, get noticed among other applicants and land an interview.
- Unlike a curriculum vitae, a resume provides the necessary information and highlight your strengths so that your potential employer can find them easily.
How to Develop a Resume?
Developing a resume can either be an easy or a hard task, depending on the knowledge you have about it before writing one. There are several types of resumes, and you have to know them to determine and choose the right resume that will highlight your strengths and edge over other competitors. When you have the resume you think is right for you, consider what information you should include and which parts should you present first based on the job you wish to apply for. Take a peek at these Chronological Resumes for more resources.
Sample High School Student Resume
High School Student with No Experience
Free High School Student
High School Student Internship
Sample Student Resume Templates
Free Student Template
Sample College Student
Sample High School Student
Sample Teacher Resume Template
Sample Elementary Teacher
Sample Secondary Teacher
Sample Preschool Teacher
Top 11 Essential Components of a Resume
No matter what type of resume you want to use, the following are some of the essential components that you may or may not include in your resume:
- Heading. Perhaps the most important part of your resume is the heading as it contains your name and contact information.
- Summary. A brief summary of all the contents of your resume may be all that your potential employer needs to consider.
- Objective. This part will determine if the type of job you are seeking matches with the job that is being offered.
- Education. Most jobs require a minimum educational attainment to get qualified or a degree related to the job.
- Experience. Like education, most jobs requires experience to determine if you can do the job they are offering or not.
- Progression. Aside from experience, you can also show your career progression to imply your upward potential within the organization.
- Accomplishments. You may also want to highlight your performance from a previous job to enhance your eligibility.
- Awards. Honors and awards are great factors in nabbing the job especially if you’re applying for a higher position.
- Skills. This part showcases your unique and relevant skills that might be useful or advantageous for the task.
- Extracurricular. Any extracurricular activities especially those that shows leadership attributes should be included.
- References. Potential employers would want to hire highly competent individuals therefore, references are needed.
Try to check which of these components are found in Basic Banking Resumes and Programmer Resumes in order to identify which of these elements should you include on your own resume.
Sample Nursing Resume Templates
Free Sample Nursing Template
Sample Nursing Resume Objective
Sample Nursing Student
Sample Customer Service Resume
Sample Retail Customer Service
Sample Customer Service Manager
Sample Resume for College Students
Sample College Student Job
Sample College Student with no Work Experience
Sample College Student Objective
Why Should Academic Achievements Be Included in the Resume?
Academic achievements, like the ones you see in first resume samples, let your employer know how you fair in an organization, whether you stand out or fall behind a team or a group of people. This is especially necessary if you’re aiming for a managerial or supervisory post. Most jobs also require a minimum of one’s highest educational attainment to be considered for the job. Other organizations need graduates of certain institutions to be part of their group, just like how this information is used in Federal Resumes.
How to Write Achievements in the Resume?
Achievements can be written in a chronological order based on the date of recognition or the weight it brings in relation to the job you’re applying. Your highest achievement can be written first followed by the lesser achievements even if it involves different companies but of the same field, like in a Best Sales Resume.
For more resume ideas, you can check out our compilation of Construction Resumes on the website.
Sample Administrative Assistant Resume
Sample Administrative Assistant Objective
Sample Professional Administrative Assistant
Sample Medical Administrative Assistant
Sample Accounting Resume Templates
Sample Accounting Resume Objective
Sample Accounting Internship
Sample Accounting Graduate
Sample Engineering Resume Templates
Sample Fresher Engineering
Sample Computer Engineering
Sample Engineering Resume Format
Sample Fresher Resume Template
Sample Fresher Resume Format
Sample Graduate Resume Template
Sample Fresh Graduate Without Experience
Sample High School Graduate
Sample Nursing Graduate Resume
Sample HR Resume Template
Sample HR Manager
Sample HR Executive
Sample HR Resume
Expert Resume Guidelines to Follow
Here are some guidelines you need to take note of when drafting your resume:
- Choose a resume template that is appropriate for the job.
- Make sure your resume is concise, brief, and clear.
- It should be professional with a hint of fun.
- Make sure the details in your resume are accurate.
- Use the right keywords and words that are related to the job.
- Use the right form of verbs and speak in an active voice.
- Industry-related buzz words can also catch attention and generate interest.
- Never ever lie and present only facts about yourself.
- Create a resume that is neat and aesthetically pleasing.
- Make sure the information in your resume is complete.
- Your resume should be focused and relevant to the job.
While you’re here, you can take a look at some Teenage Resume Templates and more Work Resumes.