Different industries have different ways of getting employees and people who can work for them on specific projects. It is very common for a lot of businesses to require an applicant to have a resume and a cover letter with him during the interview process. However, there are jobs that are looking for the specifics or the actual performance of a person that is needed for the output that a company is looking for.
One of the examples of this kind of industry is modeling. There are thousands of models around the world and their job require them to take care of themselves especially their physical appearances as this is a major factor on why brands acquire their services. A model needs to have a comp card, or also called a z or zed card, for her job applications. You can take a look at our card templates and see if there are templates that can be of use to what you are to do.
Australian Professionally Printed Comp Card
Modeling Comp Card Template
Simple Comp Card Template
Model Comp and Set Card Template
A model’s job application is called a casting. In this process, they are judged either by the client based on the following:
- Their looks including their body proportions, height, and both face and body features
- The relevance of their overall look to the project needed to be done be it for a product launch, a photoshoot for a new campaign, or a video advertisement for a brand
- The way they project to the camera, especially if it is an advertorial project
- The way they walk, should it be a runway job
- How they are able to represent the brand
But before all of these happen, a comp card is needed to be submitted for initial casting. A comp card, or a composite card, serves as the resume of the models. It is a tool that includes all the basic information about the model regarding her body measurements and look.
A comp card is a document that may either be a size of a photo, half a page of a legal paper, or its entirety. It depends on the casting agency that represents the model on what size will the comp card be and how all the details will be put together.
Since there are photos that are needed to be attached so that the client will know how a model projects in the camera and how wide is his or her range in terms of portraying a character, a comp card is basically a preview of a modeling portfolio with a few of the best works being featured.
Aside from comp cards, we have downloadable flash card templates available on our website.
Modeling Comp Card Presentation
Model Comp Card Bundle
Modeling Comp Card Template for Fashion
Comp Card for Atlanta Models
A model comp card usually includes the following details:
- A whole body photo of the model
- A closeup photo of the model
- The model’s best photo that is high fashion
- A photo of the model showing his or her bone structures and other strong features
- The name of the model
- The height of the model
- The measurements of a model’s feet size, waist, bust, and chest
- The color of the model’s eyes and hair
How all of these components are arranged may vary depending, again, on the casting agency. Our model comp card templates are available to download for free or licensed at a reasonable amount. This basic licensing means you could modify each template to match your preferences and utilize the designs however you want. They also come in various PSD, Vector AI, or EPS formats so all you need to edit our templates is a photo-editing software.