There are different kinds of cards with a variety of functions and purposes that are used in a wedding preparation, ceremonies, and reception. The content and design of each card vary depending on how they will be used and the parts and roles that they will play in the wedding. The cards used in weddings may benefit the guests, the wedded couple, the event organizers or even the suppliers that are hired to provide their products and services for the wedding.
Wedding cards may or may not be themed. They can be a part of the wedding event or they can be transaction cards that are needed for the entirety of the wedding plans to materialize. In a wedding event, there are a lot of activities and programs that can occur, which is the reason why different kinds of cards are also needed to be present so that these activities and other parts of the program will be guided and be done accordingly. We can provide you with Wedding Card Templates, which you may use as additional references in creating different kinds of cards used in a wedding event.
Chalkboard Wedding Thank You Card Template
Wedding Card Wishes Example
Wedding Card Formal Wishes
Wedding Card Thank You Example
Wedding Photo Thank You Card
Wedding Shower Thank You Card
Wedding Greeting Card Example
Wedding Flash Greeting Card
Happy Wedding Greeting Card
Wedding Proposal Greeting Card
Wedding Card Invitation Example
Wedding Invitation Card for Friends
Personal Wedding Card Invitation
Wedding Dinner Invitation Card
Pocket Wedding Invitation Card
Wedding Response Card Example
Beach Wedding Response Card
Blank Wedding Response Card
Wedding Shower Thank-You Card
A wedding shower thank-you card serves as an appreciation to the people who have celebrated the last days of being single of a soon-to-be bride. A wedding shower thank you card may be formatted in any of the following options:
- It can be a simple note written in a card that shows the gratitude of the woman to whom the event is for. It can just contain the words “thank you” or “I appreciate your presence.”
- If you are the kind of individual that wants things to be more personal, then your wedding shower thank-you card can actually be written with messages varying on the people to whom you will give them. It all depends on you on how you will show your thankfulness for the time that they have allotted to celebrate with you.
- Wedding shower thank-you cards can also contain poems, and other literary write-ups that are about the friendship that has been built by the person during her single life and how it can affect the new chapter of her life that is about to unveil. This works well for soon-to-be brides who appreciate literature or whose friends are aware of her love for books and written works.
Wedding Invitation Card
One of the most important cards that is needed to be present in a wedding is the wedding invitation card. A Wedding Invitation is the first thing that the couple will give out to their invited guests so that they can have an idea of the program of the wedding and other items that are related to the celebration. A wedding invitation card includes the following information:
- The name of the couple who will be wedded
- The date, time, and location of the wedding ceremony and the reception
- The theme of the wedding
- The suggested attire for the wedding celebration
- Other items that are needed to be known by the people who will attend the wedding
Designing the Wedding Invitation Card
Since the wedding invitation card is the first document that the guests will receive that is related to the wedding, the design of the wedding invitation card must be well-thought-out and planned. A few design suggestions that you may apply to the wedding invitation card are as follows:
- You can use the theme of the wedding as the inspiration for the design of the wedding invitation card. It does not necessarily need to copy everything that is in the wedding design but it can take a few items, symbols, and materials that are present in different parts of the wedding. As an example, the color used as the motif of the wedding can be the background of the wedding invitation card.
- The mood of the wedding shall be well reflected in the wedding invitation card. A wedding invitation card can be visually classic, vintage, retro, or washed out. There are different moods that can be present in a wedding depending on the overall aesthetic that the wedded couple want to incorporate especially if it can show their personalities. You need to be aware of these items for the wedding invitation card to be fully effective design-wise.
- Assure that all the information in the wedding invitation card are readable and that the font that you will use will work well with the overall design of the wedding invitation material. Use font colors that go along with the background and make sure that do not over do font styles as it can make the entire look of the wedding invitation card messy. Moreover, be aware of the font sizes that you will use and assure that they are visually proper and appealing.
Our Wedding Invitation Templates can further help you to select the design and layout that you will use for your wedding invitation card.
Wedding Place Card Example
Wedding Seating Place Card
Wedding Dress Place Card
Wedding Folded Place Card
Wedding Anniversary Card Example
Coral Wedding Anniversary Card
50th Wedding Anniversary Card
First Wedding Anniversary Card
Funny Wedding Card Example
Funny Homemade Wedding Card
Free Funny Wedding Card
Printable Funny Wedding Card
Wedding Business Card Example
Wedding Planner Business Card
Wedding Photographer Business Card
Wedding Website Business Card
Wedding Menu Card Example
Buffet Wedding Menu Card
Wedding Menu Card Layout
Round Wedding Menu Card
Vector Wedding Menu Card
Wedding Cards Used in the Wedding Ceremonies and Reception
Aside from the cards that are sent out to inform the people about the wedding and the things that they can expect during the implementation of the event plan, there are also a lot of Wedding Cards that are used not only in the wedding ceremony but also during the gathering after the wedding rites.
Here are a few cards that are used during the wedding ceremonies and reception:
- Wedding seating plan cards are used to assign the seats of the guests who have attended the wedding. A wedding seating plan card may be grouped per table according to the following arrangements:
- The principal sponsors shall be together and those people who have special participation during the wedding must also be grouped with each other.
- The tables may also be grouped depending on the relationship of the people to the couple. Wedding seating plan cards can group together the friends of the groom and the friends of the bride. Moreover, it can also group together the family members and the relatives of the wedded couple. The workmates, colleagues, and other people important in the life of the couple may also be grouped accordingly.
- Wedding seating plan cards may also select the seats of people depending on the number of slots that are available in the wedding reception. This will allow a more organized seating arrangement. As an example, if a person who is initially invited to the wedding decided to bring another person to the event, that person will be seated separately if the wedding seating plan is strict and properly counted. This will help those who are invited in the wedding to have their seats first even if they will come late during the reception.
- A wedding menu card lists down all the food items that are present in the menu selection chosen by the couple to be served during their wedding. Wedding menu cards may group the food items depending on their kind or type, the part of the meal course where they belong, or the buffet selections should serving not be plated. It also entails the guests to choose the food items that they may consume if the wedding food serving is on a per meal or per course basis. A wedding menu card may also vary in design depending on the theme of the wedding or the food supplier of the event.
- A wedding program card is done to allow the guests to know what will happen during the reception and the flow of activities present during the wedding ceremony. A wedding program card is usually given at the start of the wedding or it can be included in the wedding invitation card if the entirety of the wedding event has already been planned and laid out even before the invitations were sent to the invited guests. Our Chalkboard Wedding Program Templates are available for download if you want fresh ideas on how to design your wedding program.
- During the reception, wedding Congratulation Cards are given by the guests to send their warm regards to the new life that the wedded couple will face. It can be given personally, or it can be included in the gifts that the people who have attended the wedding will give to the newly married couple.
- Lastly, a wedding cocktail invitation card may be given to the adults who have attended the wedding. This is usually done either if it is a cocktail reception that will follow the wedding ceremony or if the couple allows the guests to stay a night after the wedding to celebrate with them, most especially if it is a destination wedding where guests have to travel just to be able to attend to the occasion.
Wedding Congratulations Card Example
Luxury Wedding Congratulations Card
Digital Wedding Congratulations Card
Gothic Wedding Congratulations Card
Wedding Day Card Example
Personalized Wedding Day Card
Valentine’s Day Wedding Card
Handmade Wedding Card Example
Handmade Wedding Acceptance Card
Creative Handmade Wedding Card
Handmade Wedding Card for Daughter
Vintage Wedding Card Example
Vintage Lace Wedding Card
Vintage Rustic Wedding Card
Vintage Country Wedding Card
Floral Vintage Wedding Card
Wedding Reception Card Example
Wedding Cocktail Reception Card
Wedding Program Reception Card
BBQ Wedding Reception Card
Blank Unusual Wedding Reception Card
Wedding Cards Used After the Wedding
The use of wedding cards does not end once the wedding ceremonies and reception has already transpired. Here are a few cards that are used after the wedding event:
- Wedding thank-you cards are used by the couple to send their appreciation to the people who took their time to celebrate with them during the special occasion. In designing a wedding thank-you card, you can follow the guidelines in creating a wedding shower thank-you card and just tweak the reason on why you wrote the particular thank you card. It is very important for the guests to feel that their presence is appreciated as there are a lot of preparation that are needed to be done by someone who is asked to attend a wedding.
- Wedding gift thank-you cards are given by the couple to the people who, more than being present during their wedding, exerted extra efforts to give them a present that they may use in their new life together. In creating a wedding gift thank you card, the couple must be sure that they are writing the thank you card to the accurate person who gave the specific gift that they are thankful for. This can be done by looking at the information logged at a wedding gift list or by looking at the gift tags properly.
- One wedding card that can truly make people happy is the wedding anniversary invitation card. Creating this kind of document for the specific celebration gives a concrete information about the strength of the relationship that has conquered the challenges of time. Wedding anniversaries are milestones in the relationship of a wedded couple and they are truly worthy to be celebrated.
Wedding Business Cards
Aside from the wedding cards that are beneficial to the couple, the guests, and the wedding organizers; here are a few cards that are used by the suppliers of the wedding:
- A wedding planner business card is used by a business whose main offering is to provide planning services needed by a couple who wanted to get married. Wedding planner business cards include the name of the business, the name of the wedding planner, the planning services that they offer, or the scope of services that they can provide, their contact information and other items that are relevant for the transaction that they want to have with their clients.
- Wedding photographers also use wedding business cards so that they can get more clients during the wedding. A wedding Photographer Business Card may be handed to the attendees of the wedding, especially if the sample shots of the photographer during prenuptial shoots are presented in an area of the reception. He or she can put the wedding photographer business cards on a table near the photo exhibit. It includes the basic contact information that the guests may reach and the link of the photographer’s online portfolio.
- Other wedding suppliers like the caterer, flower arrangers, wedding event venue, and the likes can also make use of wedding business cards as long as the couple allow them to properly and discretely market their products and services to their guests.
There are truly a lot of cards that are used before, during, and after the wedding. If you are the organizer of the event, make sure that all the cards from the end of your client are cohesive, appropriate to be used for the event and visually appealing. Always consult the couple before using any design material that you want to apply to the cards that will be used during their wedding.
Wedding cards may be small, but they add up and contribute a lot as details to the overall aesthetic of the wedding. Other than our samples and templates of different kinds of wedding cards, we can also provide you with samples of Wedding Invitation Cards and Rustic Wedding Cards.