10+ Drink Menu Templates
Competition in the restaurant industry is cutthroat. That is why, if restaurateurs want to create an edge for their dining establishment, they come up with ways that help improve their customer’s dining experience. And a subtle yet effective way to do this is by creating a separate drink and dinner menu cards.
In the next few paragraphs, we are sharing invaluable tips on how to create compelling drink menu card designs without breaking the bank. Stay tuned as we will also share editable examples of actual drink menu templates that anyone may use for their own bars, pubs, or restaurants.
Elements of A Good Drink Menu
Deciding to create a separate drink menu for your dining establishment takes a lot of planning within yourself or among your business managers and other team members. After all, you need to make sure that the use of an additional menu card can indeed help stuff your restaurant’s coffers.
To aid you in your journey to conquer the world of restaurant, bar, and pub menus, we have prepared a list of the top characteristics or elements that are needed to create a good drink menu card. Internalize all these elements so that you can know how to accurately apply them into your own menu creation process.
1. Page Layout: Perhaps the most important element to consider when creating or choosing a drink menu card design is the menu’s layout. A menu is basically a list of all the food and drink options a customer will have. Therefore, it is best that this piece of information is presented in a clear and organized manner. And a good layout design can help achieve that.
2. Color Scheme: The next element that helps make a simple menu card design more compelling is color. For a drink menu card, choose colors that you think will appeal to your customer base. If, for example, you are creating a wine bar menu for your fine dining restaurant, it makes sense to use luxurious colors like gold, silver, and sapphire hues. Choose your menu card’s color wisely.
3. Theme: Another design element that can easily transform a diner’s impression of a menu card is its theme. Incorporate this into your own card designs so that your drink menu will be more interesting. For example, do not just go and create a simple menu. Instead, choose a theme like retro or Victorian-era tea party theme and create a vintage menu for your drinks and beverages.
4. High-Quality Images: Another important element that a good drink menu design should embody is the use of high-quality images. These images should be the actual photos of the different drinks and beverages that your restaurant offers. Otherwise, it will be considered false advertising. If you are also hiring a professional photographer to take pictures of your restaurant’s food, then do not forget to have them take pictures of your offered drinks as well. Including photos or illustrations of menu options works like a charm since it helps to whet a customer’s appetite.
5. Menu Descriptions: Aside from high-quality photos, do not forget to add drink descriptions in your menu card. This is especially helpful for those who are new to the world of wines, liquors, and beers. Plus, different dining and drinking establishments will have different specialty drinks or ways of preparing cocktails (for example). So do not forget to include a short description, ingredient list, or price list of all the drinks offered at your restaurant, bar, or pub.
Incorporating all these essential elements into your drink menu card design will work like a charm in enticing diners to try out your available beverages. And paired with well-prepared beverages, cocktails, and decoctions, your diners will surely come back for more.
10+ Drink Menu Templates
Check out these free and premium drink menu templates. Each printable template is fully editable and downloadable in various file formats. (Note: Make sure that you have a compatible graphic design software installed on your computer before downloading the template design of your choice.)
Tea Party Menu Template
Bar Menu Template
Simple Cocktail Menu Template
Bar Drink Menu Template
Cocktail Drinks Menu Template
Cocktail Menu Template
Elegant Drinks Menu Template
Luxurious Drinks Menu Template
Sample Beer Menu Template
Wine Bar Menu Template
Top Tips For an Excellent Drink Menu
As we have mentioned earlier, keeping in mind all the essential design elements into your own drink menu design can already groom your dining establishment for higher turnover. However, if you want to further improve your customer’s dining experience and if you also want to
1. Do not add the dollar sign: A psychological trick that most experienced restaurateurs practice is to omit using the currency symbol or the dollar ($) sign in their product menu cards. This is done so that customers aren’t reminded of the real cost of the meal or drink they are buying. So what are you waiting for? Apply this same menu hack into your own drink menu design soon.
2. Follow a single page layout: Earlier, we have emphasized the importance of having an organized layout for your menu card design. We take that piece of advice to the next level by recommending that you follow a single page menu layout instead. With this menu layout, your customers will readily see all their options at one glance of the drink menu. This promotes faster ordering time and your customers can easily compare the different drinks and prices in front of them.
3. Use a printable drink menu template: Another important card-making tip that any business owner, student, or individual can follow when it comes to creating drink menus is the use of printable drink menu card templates. These are cost-efficient and time-saving alternatives when it comes to making your own drink menu cards. Multiple examples of free and premium drink menu templates are shared within this article.
4. Include different drink sizes: As a restaurateur, it is important to give your customers different choices on how they want to enjoy their drinks. One good way to do this is by including different drink sizes and serving options on the menu card. This allows customers to better budget their money and to better plan their future dining experiences.
5. Insert drink menu into the official restaurant menu card or booklet: Another way to help boost your restaurant’s sales is to let your separate drink menu card piggyback on your restaurant’s official menu card. This way, customers can easily detach the drink menu, peruse it, and order anything from it later on. This approach to creating drink menu cards is also more preferable since you do not have to lug around a bigger menu card every time a diner asks about your restaurant’s beverages options.
6. Make your drink menu available online: This last step isn’t really a menu design hack. But, still, it is a menu hack that can help your establishment acquire more customers. Post your drink menu (and the entire restaurant menu board) online through your official website or social media pages. This allows people to easily pore over their menu options well before they arrive at your dining establishment. This strategy also helps reduce customer wait times and help promote restaurant turnover.
As you become more well-versed with the food and dining industry, you will learn more design tips, menu hacks, and business strategies that will help your business prosper. For now, begin with the few tips we have shared above and you will be on your way to fiscal greatness.
Types of Drink Menus
Drink menus may be categorized according to the kind of drinks that your establishment offers. Most pubs, bars, and dining places will have a combination of these drink menus. Find out what the different types of drink menus are in the list below.
- Wine Menu
- Beer Menu
- Cocktail Menu
- Liquor Menu
- Juice Menu
- Hot and Cold Drinks Menu
Drink Menu Sizes
In this article, all the printable drink menu templates follow the standard US Letter paper size which measures 216 mm by 279 mm or 8.5 inches by 11 inches.
Drink Menu FAQs
What is a drink menu template?
A drink menu template is a digital graphic design file created using various editing and compositing software programs. A drink menu template file will contain all the much-needed text, graphic, and formatting elements needed for making a drink menu design. Most of these pre-made menu templates are pre-formatted so that end users will just have to make minor customizations.
What is the difference between a drink menu and a cocktail menu?
A cocktail menu is a separate restaurant menu that lists down all the alcoholic drinks available at that specific dining establishment, bar, or cafe. A drinks menu, on the other hand, lists down all the alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks offered at a dining establishment.
Should a drink menu be separated from the official menu?
Dining establishments that have separate dining and drinking hours and their customers will benefit more if they create a separate drinks menu and food menu. This allows diners to focus on what specific menu item to choose without being too overwhelmed by all the food and non-food choices.
With all the tips and menu template examples shared above, all your menu card-making needs have surely been covered. Bookmark this article in case you need to refresh your mind with all the guides and hacks we have shared. For more information on how to create other kinds of restaurant menu cards, check out the rest of our website.