What do you think is one of the world’s most exquisite and soul comforting food? One that is highly delightful that even on the first bite, you fall in love with it right away. Well that, ladies and gentlemen, is no other than Italian food which includes pasta and mouthwatering pizzas.
Their dishes are very well-received all over the world that other countries adopted it into their own culture but with an added twist. Every Italian dish is like an art, that once you’re done making it, you’ll see the dish as a masterpiece. Speaking of a masterpiece, check out the downloadable food menu templates below.
Just because you have a food menu for your Italian restaurant, it doesn’t always mean it’s going to be effective, especially if you aren’t doing it properly. For a food menu to be considered good and effective, it will need to have certain components or elements such as the following:
1. Cover page: A cover page is something that isn’t really necessary on menus, but can actually help in setting the tone and providing customers with information on what the business is capable of offering.
2. Name of the food establishment: You may or may not accompany this element with the establishment’s logo, and this element simply provides customers with information on who they are dealing with.
3. List of the dishes and drinks: Seen as the main attraction of the menu, this lists down all the items that the Italian restaurant has to offer. This ranges from the dishes, to the beverages, and to the desserts.
4. Price for each item on the list: This element indicates how much a customer should pay for each item on the menu. But for some types of menu, they indicate a price not for each item, but for a set of items.
5. The best selling items: It’s a common strategy for restaurants to highlight some of their best-selling food and drinks on their menu. Even though this may seem to focus only on those particular items, it can actually help draw the customers’ attention.
6. The business’ contact information: Lastly, even if your restaurant doesn’t do deliveries, it would still make a lot of sense to include your contact number on the menu. This may be used for making reservations or simply for making inquiries.
Whether it’s your first or the hundredth time making DIY food menus, we still want to make your entire experience easy and less stressful. After seeing all the templates that we have laid out for you, here is a guide on what to do in order to really make the most out of them.
1. Choose an appropriate menu card size: Before you even start creating your menu, you should first decide on the size. When choosing a size, go for the one that is able to contain all your lists of food items without making it look cramped.
2. Select a type of menu that works for you: Later on, you’ll find out that there are actually different types of food menus to choose from. The second step in the process is actually picking a type that works for your restaurant.
3. Prepare a list of the possible menu items: After you have chosen a size and a type of menu, the next thing that you will need to do is list down all the possible food and drinks that you want to include on it.
4. Download an Italian menu template: To save you some time in the process, download a menu template. This will actually give you a head start in the process, and you will already have an idea on the layout of your menu.
5. Edit the downloaded menu template: Since templates cannot be used right off the bat, you will need to edit them according to how you want your restaurant to be represented.
6. Evaluate the design of the menu: After editing, do an overall check on the design of the menu and decide whether or not it needs further editing. If it doesn’t, then you can proceed to the next step in the process.
7. Proofread the content: While the previous step involved checking the design, this one focuses on checking the text for any errors. If the content is already free from any spelling and/or grammatical errors, then move on to the next and final step.
8. Have your Italian menu printed: The last step in the process of creating food menus involves having the design printed out. Make sure to print your menu on a durable cardstock using high-quality ink toner.
And of course, a few tips would indeed come in handy even if you already have a lot of experience with making food menus. This will really ensure that your food menus end up perfectly and are able to draw more and more customers to your restaurant.
As mentioned earlier, food menus come in different types and part of the design process is picking out a specific one that works well for your business. Below is a list of the different menu types, each with a short description to inform you how and where to use them.
1. À la carte menu: This translates to “by the menu”, wherein items are listed and priced individually. Here, customers will need to order them separately, which gives them more freedom in choosing their food and drinks.
2. Du jour menu: This translates to “on the day”, which means that whatever items are being served on one day may or may not be served on the following day.
3. Prix fixe menu: This translates to “fixed price”. Here, customers are offered multiple options for their courses, but regardless of what they choose for each course, they will still be paying the same price.
4. Table d’ hôte menu: This translates to “the host’s table”, which consists of foods and drinks that are preferable to the host. This means that the guests get to enjoy whatever the host is having.
5. Cycle menu: From the name itself, the food items on this menu card are being used in a cycle. This cycle may either be on a weekly or monthly basis, depending on the establishment.
6. Beverage menu: This is a type of menu that focuses mainly on thirst-quenching drinks such as juices, cocktails, and sodas. This is an optional type of menu, and you can use this alongside the ones previously mentioned.
7. Captain’s book menu: Think of it as a beverage menu, but instead of juices and sodas, this one contains a list of different wines that are being offered by the restaurant or bar.
8. Dessert menu: Just like beverage menus, this one is also optional and most restaurants prefer to incorporate the list of desserts onto the food menu. But for others, they use a dessert menu to list down all their desserts and sweets.
Aside from just types, food menus also come in different sizes. Small food menus are best for small restaurants or those that offer only a limited number of options. On the other hand, the larger ones are ideal for both big establishments and those that offer a wide variety of dishes and beverages to their customers.
Before proceeding to the conclusion, we know that you still have a few questions regarding food menus and our templates. Written below are some of the most frequently asked questions when it comes to food menus, they might be useful to you as well.
It is a written material that contains a list of all the dishes and beverages that a food establishment is offering to their customers.
The menu is considered as the key to a restaurant’s success. Other than that, it can also express their identity, promote profitability, and maintain freshness in the brand.
Menu planning refers to the act of setting aside some time to plan the dishes that will be included on the menu.
If you hadn’t known yet, this article already has everything you need for making your own Italian food menu. From food menu templates down to a step-by-step process on what to do, it’s all here. Other than that, these menu templates were all created by professional graphic designers, and are all high quality and fully editable.