10+ Burger Menu Designs & Templates
Would you blame people for eating a burger even if they are trying to eat healthily? They shouldn’t be blamed for giving in to such scrumptious food. Burgers are so appetizing that it would take so much from you just to turn away from it. Yes, a single hamburger is indeed that irresistible.
The difference with the burgers of today is that they don’t only exist in fast food joints, they are served in fine dining restaurants as well. So whether you’re going fast with your food or formal with your dining, these burger menu designs and templates will probably come in very handy.
Elements of a Good Burger Menu
1. Menu cover page: Just like most written materials, burger menus have their own cover page which bears elements that will introduce customers to the food establishment and help them to set their expectations towards it. Oftentimes, restaurants choose to proceed directly to the list of items without using a cover page.
2. Name and logo of the restaurant: Regardless if you chose to use a cover page or not, the name and logo design of your restaurant should be very visible on the menu. This element mainly serves to inform customers about the identity of the restaurant, as well as a branding image that’s easy to remember.
3. Categories or sections: Whether you’re adding a lot of items on your menu or just a few of them, it is always better to arrange them in categories. This way, it’ll make your menu a lot easier to read and navigate.
4. List of foods and drinks: Inside those categories or sections are the most important elements on every food menu, and these are the lists of the dishes and beverages that the restaurant is offering to their customers.
5. Price of food and drinks: Aside from the list of foods and drinks, the price list is also an essential part of the food menu. Usually placed opposite the food or drink that it represents, this informs the customer on how much they will need to pay for each order of that food or drink.
6. The contact information of the restaurant: It is highly recommended that businesses don’t keep their contact details hidden from their customers or clients. For restaurants, their contact number can be used for booking reservations, ordering deliveries, and getting information about the establishment.
7. Location and contact details of other branches: The best way for a food establishment to grow is by expanding their business and opening new branches. If this happens, the address of the other branches should always be indicated on the food menu as well.
10+ Burger Menu Templates
Fast Food Burger Menu Sample
Cafe Burger Menu Example
Lunch Menu Template
Burger Menu Template
Available File Formats
Rustic King Burger Menu Design
Chips Burger Cafe Menu Example
Yellow Trifold Burger Menu Sample
Chalkboard Burger Kiosk Menu Template
Orange Modern Burger Menu Design
Handwritten Burger House Menu Format
How to Create a Burger Menu
1. List down all the possible food and drinks that you want to include on the menu: Before proceeding to the technical stuff, the very first thing that you will need to do is to decide on what to include on the menu, and the very best thing to do is by listing down all the possible foods and drinks that will be on it.
2. Choose an appropriate and manageable size for your burger menu: The next step in the process is by picking out a size for your menu. Here, you can take into consideration the number of items that you will be including on the menu.
3. Take notes or make a sketch of the design of your burger menu: Now that you have an idea about the content and the size of your menu, you can then start on the technical aspects of your menu. The first is sketching or at least, taking down notes on the planned layout of your burger menu.
4. Download a burger menu template from this website: After preparing the menu layout, the next thing that you will need to do is to download a menu template from this website. Why download, you say? Because it’ll make your job a lot easier. You can thank us later.
5. Edit the design of the downloaded burger menu template: The reason why templates are able to make your job easier is that the design is already given and all you need to do is edit it according to your style or preference.
6. Have your burger menu design printed out: Once the design has been finalized and the lists have been added, the only thing left for you to do is to have your menu design printed out.
Simple Tips for an Excellent Burger Menu Layout
- Simply indicate the price. Don’t place currency symbols on the price list. The issue with placing a currency symbol is that it tends to draw more attention from the reader, making them conscious of how much they will be paying.
- Arrange the items in a logical manner. One way of doing this is by arranging the items in categories, and by placing all the best sellers and most expensive dishes on the top of each category.
- Add photos of some dishes. You don’t need a photo for all dishes, but only for some. You should learn to use photos sparingly since using a lot of them may tend to distract readers.
- Clean up the layout by using margins. Make use of negative space. A cluttered layout may not only look distracting but will also look unprofessional.
Types of Menus
1. À la carte menu: For people who wish to give their dining customers more freedom in choosing their food and drinks, this would be the ideal type of menu to use. The term à la carte is actually French for “according to the menu”, and this refers to the practice of having customers order individual dishes instead of a set of courses.
2. Du jour menu: Have you noticed some cafes and restaurants that place a chalkboard menu outside their place? These menus are actually referred to as du jour menus, which translates to English as “on the day” menus. For this type of menu, they list down only those dishes that they wish to serve for that particular day, and the reason behind that may either be due to the supply of ingredients, the season, or the demand from customers.
3. Prix fixe menu: While the purpose of food menus is to give customers various options to choose from, the prix fixe menu type will indeed do that with the exception of also providing a fixed price. This type of dinner menu consists of meals with a pre-determined number of courses and customers will have to choose from among various dishes for every course. Since the total price is already fixed, the customer’s individual orders won’t affect how much they are going to paying.
4. Table d’ hôte menu: Considered as a direct contrast to the à la carte menu, this one gives customers with only a limited number of choices and charges them a fixed price. Although this type of menu shares a lot of similarities with the prix fixe, the only difference here is that the dishes are often shared by the host themselves to the guests.
5. Cycle menu: This type of menu is very common in school and office cafeterias, resorts, and hotels, but they are also used by restaurants during certain seasons. This type of menu is called cycle menu, which involves reusing the same set of food items over a period of time, and this can either be on a daily, weekly, or even a seasonal basis.
6. Dessert menu: Some food establishments incorporate their list of desserts on the menu that contains their list of dishes but place it somewhere along the last pages since desserts come in last even in meals. However, some people find this inconvenient because unless they forget about dessert, they will have to ask for the menu again. But when a dessert menu is used, the customers will have easy access to the list of desserts and can order from it anytime they want.
7. Beverage menu: Just like the dessert menu, this one is also optional in the sense that the list of beverages can actually be incorporated into the main food menu itself. But for accessibility and convenience purposes, they are placed on a separate menu instead, and this is called a beverage or bar menu. This is highly convenient for the customers because they are only shown a selection of what they are looking for.
8. Captain’s book menu: A captain’s book menu is otherwise known as the wine captain’s book, and from that name alone, you’ll already have an idea that this type of menu consists of wines and spirits. This type of menu is only commonly used among restaurants that come with their own wine cellar, and these restaurants strongly encourage their customers to have wine with their meals in order to fully appreciate the experience.
Sizes of Menus
- 4.25″ x 11″
- 5.5″ x 15″
- 8.5″ x 11″
- 8.5″ x 14″
- 11″ x 17″
- 11″ x 25.5″
FAQs about Burger Menus
What is the purpose of food menus?
Food menus indirectly indicate what a restaurant has in their kitchen. On the other hand, it directly shows the variety of dishes served by the restaurant.
Is it really important to use a food menu?
Yes, it not only shows the list of foods and drinks, but it also expresses the restaurant’s personality, promotes their profitability, and keeps your brand image fresh.
Were you able to find a specific burger menu template that perfectly works for your food establishment? You won’t regret your decision if you choose from any of them simply because they are all high quality and can be edited fully. If you hadn’t done it yet, scroll back up and download a burger menu card template now.