What Templates Can Help in Career Planning?
Career planning must be done with a calm mind and with clearly defined steps following which you may achieve your goals. It is not necessary to follow one career option, you can keep several options open and walk towards them holistically so that eventually you can pursue one. Different factors hold great significance in career planning documents like self-evaluation, skills assessment, training and certifications, early, mid, and late-career planning, etc. As a student or a trainee, you might not have time or much knowledge to prepare such a chart and thus we have made many of them for you. They are available in different plan structures and you have several career plan template options. We have specified some samples from our collection below have a look at them:
- Career Plan Templates.
- CV Templates.
- Resume Templates.
- Specialist Templates.
- Employee Career Development Plan Templates.
- Career Action Plan Templates.
- Career Roadmap Templates.
- Career Progression Templates.
- Personal Career Roadmap Templates.
What is Career Planning?
The career planning process refers to the different stages of discovering the career path of an individual's life. This process includes several stages for knowing an individual's self-choices, competencies, and career choices by self-assessment, research, experimentation, decision making, job searching, and accepting a job offer.
What is Career Management?
It is a combination of structured planning and an action plan for proper management of one's professional career. This management process helps in developing the skills and experiences of individuals that are in demand for jobs. It can also be used for employee career management to improve engagement and productivity.
What are the Stages of Career Planning?
- Self-assessment and identifying your areas of aptitude and strength.
- Researching the career opportunities that fit your strengths and competencies.
- Setting personal and professional life goals.
- Preparing a plan on how to attain those goals.
- Periodic evaluation of your performances.
What are the Advantages of Career Planning?
- Better and more career opportunities.
- Competencies, strength, and personality development.
- Job satisfaction.
- Passion and loyalty towards the job and the organization.
- Efficient career planning.
What are the Basic Career Development Theories?
- Holland's Theory of Vocational Personalities in Work Environment.
- Theory of Work-Adjustment.
- Social Cognitive Career.
- The Self-concept Theory of Career Development formulated by Super and more recently by Savickas.
- Gottfredson'sTheory of Circumscription and Compromise.