How to Choose a Website Template
There's actually no need for you to enroll in an expensive IT school to create a website. You can learn it all on your own by researching the internet's vast ocean of knowledge. Or, if you have peers who are professional web developers and website builders, then you can ask them to teach you. But the best approach you should do is to use reliable high-quality website templates, which are abundant here in our site. You can make use of our HTML5 templates, Wordpress templates, responsive website templates, and landing page templates. Even if you have zero knowledge about website building, making use of website templates could be your springboard to become adept in it.
According to an article in lifehack.org written by Nabin Paudyal, co-founder of Siplikan Media Group, there are seven tips you should know about when choosing the best website template, and we will share all of them to you.
1. Determine What Kind of Website You're Developing
The first thing that should be looked into, even for professional web developers, is to know what your website is all about. In this process, you'll have an idea about your website design, along with the appearance of its homepage and background. And more importantly, you should familiarize and study your target audience. By doing these things, you'll know what kind of website templates to utilize.
2. Don't Sacrifice Quality Over Costs
There are a lot of free and cheap website templates that you can download online. Some of them have bad qualities, and some have good qualities. But if you stumble upon a template that's quite expensive but has all the necessary features, then go for it. Think of it as an investment rather than a cost.
3. Be Patient
Don't get too excited to launch your website after filling in the blanks of the website header template you've chosen. Take some time to make some enhancements with it, such as making it pleasing to the eye, outlining it accordingly, and lay-outing it in a way that it looks organized. Or better yet, ask for consultations from professional web developers.
4. Choose Templates with Flexibility
It's very likely that you might want to add a personal touch to your website. Hence, you should consider purchasing templates with flexibility. Templates that are flexible have features that can allow you to make unique tweaks on your website.
5. Choose Responsive All the Time
An unresponsive site is considered an outdated site because it can't be accessed across a variety of devices and screen sizes. But that won't be the case with the help of responsive templates. Responsive graphic templates allow you to make adjustments to the layout of your site. Thus enabling it to be accessible on any device and screen size.
6. Research About Your Template Provider
There are a lot of template providers offering website templates nowadays due to their high demand. Some of these providers mislead you by claiming their templates are the best. When in fact, they would do more harm than good to your website. For you to know their credibility, do further research about them. The best approach is to conduct customer surveys and reviews about the quality of their templates.
7. Strive for Templates that are SEO Friendly
If you want your business website to be high ranking in search engines such as Google and Bing, SEO (search engine optimization) techniques should be practiced. For this reason, you should make use of templates that are SEO friendly. Another good reason for you to use SEO friendly templates is evident in an article from reliablesoft.net. The article emphasized that SEO not only increases the chances of your site to be high ranking, it can also improve its usability and user experience.
How do you create a website for free?
Follow these 6 simple steps to create a website today:
- Sign up for a free website builder. Choose what kind of website you want to create.
- Customize a template or get a website made for you.
- Drag and drop 100s of design features.
- Get ready for business.
- Publish your website and go live.
- Drive traffic to your site.
What are Privacy Policies for UK Websites?
What Comprises a Company Website?
10 Things Every Small-Business Website Needs:
- A clear description of who you are.
- A simple, sensible Web address.
- An easily-navigated site map.
- Easy-to-find contact information.
- Customer testimonials.
- An obvious call to action.
- Know the basics of SEO.
- Fresh, quality content.
How do you create a Professional-looking Website?
5 Crucial Web Design Tips for a Professional Site are:
- Keep your homepage minimalistic and free of clutter.
- Design with visual hierarchy in mind.
- Create easy to read website content.
- Ensure your site is easy to navigate.
- Stay mobile friendly.
What are the Common Mistakes of Website Designing?
Website designs can go wrong sometimes, thus avoid:
- Too much-exaggerated content and too little information and strike a balance
- Do not confuse the audience
- Inappropriate Call to Action
- Problematic navigation
- Irrelevant content and whitespace management
- Insignificant graphics
- Missing out on your target visitor
- Inaccessible contact information
- Wrong ads placement