Oftentimes, when people are absent because they are not feeling well, or due to some sort of illness, there should be a valid document that serves as a proof that they are indeed sick. This is where a medical certificate comes in handy. Medical certificates are written documents from a physician who affirms to the medical examination result of a certain patient.
Free Medical Certificate Template
Medical Certificate for School Template
Medical Certificate Template For Sick Leave
Medical certificates are mostly used in medical settings such as hospitals, infirmaries, and other medical centers available. Our website offers a wide selection of free medical certificate templates that you can download anytime. So instead of manually making one, you might want to use these templates for easier and more convenient way. More samples can be seen below.
Medical Certificate Template for Injury
Medical Certificate Template for Leave or Extension
Medical Certificate Template for Pregnancy Sickness
Medical Certificate Template for Absent
Primary Medical Certificates
Certificate of Medical Fitness
Importance of Medical Certificates
Using medical certificates helps the insurer in understanding the sick employee’s capacity when it comes to work and the privileges they can receive. Here are the other reasons why medical certificates are essential.
- It helps the insurer in generating an illness management plan with the sick employee and his or her physician. This aids in a suitable medical treatment and a return to work statement.
- It serves as the most important document in the process. It is the physician’s obligation in making sure that the certificate reflects the real nature of the ailing employee’s competency. And this should not be influenced by an employer or anyone else.
- Your medical certificate should contain a clear medical diagnosis that used medical terminologies that are acceptable. This is to prevent further misunderstandings by the employer and the insurer.
- A medical certificate outlines any restrictions on the ailing employee. If in case there are tests required before a proper diagnosis, this should be classified clearly on the certificate.
On the other hand, you can download our available doctor certificate templates or work certificate templates anytime. These free certificate templates are ready-made and are well-formatted. It’ll be hassle-free on your part.
Blank Medical Certificate
Certificate for Medical Assessment
General Medical Certificate Templates
Free Medical Certificate
Application for Medical Certificate
Leave Medical Certificates
Medical Certificate – Part Time Medical Leave
Blank Medical Certificate for Leave
Commutation of Leave
Blank Medical Certificates
Workcover Medical Certificate
Certificate for Medical Examiner’s
Types of Available Medical Certificate Templates
For an easier and more convenient way of creating a medical certificate, we offer these download-ready templates that you can use anytime. You can have a copy for offline purposes or for future needs. Some of these are in a PDF document too and are also highly modifiable. Check out some of the samples.
- Primary Medical Certificate Template – This medical certificate affirms that a person is severely handicapped and is permanently disabled from work or any activities involved. This contains essential details such as the name of the patient, the physician, the content that certifies the reason of the person being medically examined, and signature.
- Leave Medical Certificate Template – This is a type of medical certificate intended for leave purposes. It comprises of valuable information such as the employee’s name, his or her signature, the date, doctor’s statement, and the course of treatment.
- Blank Medical Certificate Template – If you are looking for a blank medical certificate to download, this is the right sample. You have the full control about what details to put and otherwise. Still, this is pre-formatted so that you’ll just have to suffice the needed details without worrying the format,
- Maternity Medical Certificate Template – A type of medical certificate that targets pregnant women. This template contains details such as the complete name of the patient, the physician’s name, complete address of the clinic/hospital, date of examination, physician’s contact information, and other relevant details.
- Medical Billing Certificate Template – This template is made for medical billing purposes. For a concise and clear certificate about medical expenditures, you might want to download this template.
PSD certificate templates are our other options if you’re looking for more certificate samples. So when it comes to making medical certificates, these available templates are beneficial to you as they are well-constructed and format-ready.
Medical Certificate for Employees
Maternity Medical Certificates
Printable Maternity Certificate
Medical Training Certificate
Certificate of Clinical Training
Medical Billing Certificate
Professional Billing Certificate
Medical Death Certificates
Free Death Certificate
Medical Certificate of Death Example
Medical Certificate of Cause of Death
Steps in Making a Medical Certificate
If you want to make sure that you’re doing the right measures in making your medical certificate, follow the steps provided.
- Make sure you know the rules. When it comes to getting excused for absences due to sickness, it often depends on where you live and work. Be sure to understand them.
- Ensure that you already have a scheduled appointment with your doctor. Your medical certificate needs to be signed or stamped by a physician. Generally, you will have to schedule an appointment with your physician so that he or she can assess your condition and testify it.
- If you are under a medical insurance, obtain a medical certificate directly. A physician can issue you a medical certificate right away if you are already being treated at a clinic or hospital. This will confirm that you were a patient.
- Also, always observe workplace policies. If your absence is lengthy, you might need to adhere to additional policies. Make sure to follow.
If you opt in using templates for your other certificate concerns, our professional certificate templates are a great deal. We also have volunteer certificate templates available for download. These contain proper certificate formats that are beneficial to all users.
Medical Fitness Certificate Templates
Medical Board Fitness
Physical Fitness Certificate
Medical Fitness Certificate in PDF
Medical Screening and Fitness
Army Medical Certificate Templates
Printable Army Certificate
Application for Aviation Medical Certificate
Employee Medical Certificate Templates
Medical Certificate for a Current Employee
Employee Certificate Sample
Employee Absence Certificate
Data from the American Hospital Association showed that there are about 6,146 hospitals in the United States as of 2020.
These numbers consist of 5,198 community hospitals, 209 federal government hospitals, 616 non-federal psychiatric hospitals, and 123 other hospitals.
Workers and students are the ones who usually ask for medical certificates due to their absences. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, over 4 million workers in the United States were absent from work because of illnesses, injuries, and other medical-related problems.
Things You Need to Consider in Proving That a Medical Certificate Is Genuine
Here are the following details that should be done when one wants to make sure that certain medical certificates are legit.
- It should be written in a coherent text, without using medical jargons, and should be in the physician’s handwriting.
- It must contain nothing but factual information or observations made by a physician, and all details must be validated.
- The date of the appointment, the patient’s status, the date he or she can report back to work should be addressed to the recipient of the certificate (employer or immediate superior).
- Should only contain details that are observed by the physician or being stated by the patient. It must be authenticated by the physician as well.
- A medical certificate can be issued to the patient after he or she has taken a sick leave; however, it should include the date of the appointment and the duration the employee should be away from work.
- Should put into consideration if the patient can go back to work even if he or she is not fully cured, but with alternative tasks instead.
Nonetheless, when talking about medical certificate crafting, we highly recommend downloading our hospital medical certificate template samples. Our sample certificate templates are also available if you need other options.