Email marketing is still a force to reckon with when it comes to generating sales online. As a business owner, it is in your best interest to create and harness your email lists and tap an underserved market. To do this, one of the first things that you need to create is a well-designed email newsletter.
Read this article for more tips and guides on how to create your own email newsletters. We will also be sharing multiple examples of email newsletter templates in PSD file format that anybody can download and customize on their own. By the end of this article, we hope that you will have learned a lot of things that you can apply to your own business’ or organization’s online marketing campaigns.
Elements of a Good Email Newsletter
To get the ball rolling, we will first be sharing the top elements or essential features that make a good email newsletter. In the digital realm, anything you send online needs to be well-designed and filled with appropriate content or you risk them being relegated to the trash folder.
Read each important element below and learn how to craft email newsletters that accurately depict your brand and the type of marketing plan or campaign you are going for.
1. Motif or Theme: The first thing that makes an email newsletter template compelling is its design theme or motif. The design is the first thing that your readers or customers will see when they open your email newsletters. Therefore, you should put thought into how it looks when your readers/customers receive your marketing emails. A coherent theme also gives off the impression that you (the business or the brand) put in the time and effort to create something readable and aesthetically pleasing.
2. Content: Another important component of any email newsletter is its content. As an entrepreneur, you need to create an equally compelling and informative content that will help your customers make more informed choices. When done right, you can easily insert your product or service organically without appearing to be too sales-y. Emphasize the use of on bite-sized or easily digestible content when creating marketing emails. Try out various ad copies before settling in with the final one. You may also hire a professional writer to create your email sales pitches if you want to.
3. Layout or Formatting Style: The next essential feature that an email newsletter should possess is an organized layout and/or formatting style. This is especially important in any email correspondence since most email clients will have their own way of displaying text and images. Look for or design an email newsletter template that is compatible with most email platforms.
4. Responsive Design: In connection with the previous element, it is also important to have an email newsletter that follows a responsive design. This means that the newsletter template can be displayed on any screen size and display type without having major formatting and style issues. With a responsive email newsletter design, you are guaranteed that your customers see and read your advertising or product emails in the way that you have formatted them.
5. Compatibility: Another important characteristic of an email newsletter template is compatibility with various email clients and automated email marketing platforms. Look for email newsletter templates that are compatible with Gmail, Yahoo mail, Outlook, Aweber, MailChimp, and other email platforms. This will save you a lot of time and money in the long run.
So those are the top five elements that you should look for when selecting an email newsletter template. Study each essential characteristic so that you can easily spot and incorporate them into your corporate email newsletters and other digital correspondences.
10+ Email Newsletter Templates
Take a look at each example of a downloadable email newsletter template below and be inspired in creating your own brand’s business newsletters. We have everything from Father’s Day email newsletters in PSD to weekly email newsletter templates. Each template is available in PSD file format to make it easier for you to edit them using Adobe Photoshop. Note that some of these editable templates are also available as HTML files.
Sales Email Newsletter Template in PSD
Travel Email Newsletter PSD Template
University Email Newsletter Template
Weekly Email Newsletter Template
Free Elementary Email Newsletter
School Email Newsletter Template
Free College Email Newsletter
Wedding Email Newsletter Template
Free Product Email Newsletter
Fashion Email Newsletter Template
Try Out These Tips For an Excellent Email Newsletter
Creating an email newsletter is, in some way, just like creating a printed newsletter or even a direct mail marketing material. You need to come up the same things like a newsletter theme or main topic, add images and/or illustrations, and even format the entire thing so that it looks like a readable online magazine or digital newspaper. Add up all these tasks and anyone can easily get overwhelmed with it.
That is why we have prepared a short list of tips and tricks that any designer or business owner can do on their own so that they can still create well-crafted email newsletters. Find out what these tips are below.
1. Opt for a simple newsletter layout: Email marketing means that you have an almost direct connection to a customer. After all, it is the customer him/herself who will open the email, read, and then maybe respond to it. A simple email newsletter layout means that you go straight to the point (either to sell, inform, persuade, or dissuade) and the reader gets to focus on the main question, hook, or pitch that you offer. The most effective marketing emails are those that are just regular text with one or two website links.
2. Use minimal images: Some email clients have default settings that disable images from appearing on emails. Others also flag email newsletters that contain a lot of images and links. Avoid this issue and limit the number of images and links included in your email newsletter designs.
3. Create a live or webpage version of the email: To get the most out of your email newsletters, make sure that you also create a web version of your newsletters. This way, customers can easily follow the link found on your emails and they will be redirected to a page that is better formatted and will likely contain more information about the deal, product or service talked about in your email.
4. Add your business branding designs: To help increase brand recognizability, do not forget to include your business branding design elements in your email newsletters. Things like adding your business logo, official email signature design, and even a letterhead design will all add up and create a better impression of your brand.
5. Use a pre-made email newsletter template: The last tip that we are sharing is, of course, the use of pre-formatted email newsletter templates. These templates are time-saving and cost-effective alternatives to creating your own email newsletter designs from scratch. In this article, we have shared multiple examples of email newsletters in HTML format and PSD format.
Types of Email Newsletters
Email newsletters may be categorized according to the event or occasion they are used in and according to their general function. Listed below are different types of email newsletters based on either of these classification systems.
According to the event or occasion:
According to their general purpose:
- Business Email Newsletters
- Advertising or Sales Email Newsletters
- Informational Email Newsletters
- School Email Newsletters
Email Newsletter Sizes
There is no standard size for email newsletters as they tend to follow the container or size of the screen that you view your email with. The most common screen size that fits most desktop displays follows a 600 width layout. All of the free email templates included in this article follow this layout size. Nevertheless, these email template can still be edited to match your own email size preferences.
Email Newsletter FAQs
What is an email newsletter template in PSD?
An email newsletter template is a digital file created using Adobe Photoshop that combines all the necessary layout, formatting styles, and text elements needed to create an email newsletter. These newsletter templates are fully editable using Adobe Photoshop.
What software tools are used to create an email template?
In this article, all of the shared email newsletter templates are created using Adobe Photoshop and, hence, they are stored as PSD files. Other graphic design software tools like Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and any HMTL editing tool can still be used to create any email newsletter templates.
On what email clients are these email templates compatible with?
All of the free email newsletter templates embedded in this article are compatible with email clients like Gmail, Outlook, and Yahoo. They also work well with Android, MailChimp, and Aweber email integration.
Creating the best marketing email newsletter design is just the first step in any email marketing campaign. Do not forget to monitor your email open rates and use smart tools that will help you accurately determine the effectiveness of your email campaigns and correctly fine-tune your email campaigns accordingly. Do this diligently and you will soon see positive changes in your customer acquisition process.