All employees need a time off from work so they can rejuvenate, rest, and be ready for the next working days. But sometimes, the days off that were given in a duration of time are still not enough. This is when the leave credits that a regular employee is entitled to use comes as truly beneficial. Every company has a different set of rules and guidelines about the usage of leave credits and how they can be filed.
If you want to file for a vacation or sick leave through e-mail, you may download our leave application e-mail templates as a guide for you to know the items that you need to put in the said document. Also, you may be interested to browse through our samples of Leave Letter Templates if you want to send a physical letter for a leave request instead.
Marriage Leave Application E-mail
Leave Application E-mail for Vacation
Basic Leave Application E-mail
A leave application request sent through e-mail contains the following details:
- The date that the request has been sent
- The starting and ending date of the leave
- The entire duration of the leave request
- The name of the employee requesting for a leave
- The employee identification number
- The job position of the employee
- The department or division where the employee is assigned
- The immediate head of the employee
- The reason of the leave of absence
- The number of leave credits that can still be used
Reasons for Sending a Leave Request through E-mail
A leave request may be sent through e-mail due to any of the following circumstances:
- The company is using an online system to keep track of the leaves and leave requests.
- The immediate head of the employee is in a different location either for business or for leisure which is why he or she needs to have his or her leave request approved through e-mail.
- The employee needs to attend to an emergency and he or she will be needing more days to address personal and other issues which is the reason why he or she will just send a leave request through e-mail for his or her absences to be credited as leaves which approval may vary on the regulations being followed by the company.
Aside from our leave application e-mail templates, you may also be interested to download our samples of Responsive E-mail Templates.
Leave Application Request E-mail Template
Emergency Leave Application E-mail
Sick Leave Application E-mail Template
Formal Leave Application E-mail Template
Guidelines in Sending an E-mail Leave Request
If you will send a leave request through e-mail, make sure to be guided by the following items:
- Properly specify the leave type that you will use and state the reason why you need to take a leave. If the leave is not that urgent, make sure that your supervisor is aware of the leave request so that he or she will not forget about approving your request especially once new e-mail messages get piled up.
- Be sure to check all the details that you will put in the leave request before sending it. Once you’ve already sent it, the details will already be forwarded to the person who will approve the request and any changes that you need to ask regarding the leave request needs an additional document for the transaction to be settled.
- If your company is not using a system for leave and leave request tracking and you need to manually input all the items of your request, be aware of the format that you use for your leave request to be more comprehensive and understandable.
Other than our leave application e-mail templates, our samples of Business Email Templates are also available for download.