A formal reference letter is the kind of letter needed by an individual as a form of recommendation for him to be able to get the job position or any formal and professional functions that he or she wants to have. Formal reference letters are written by people who have a wide range of knowledge about the field where the reference letter will be used. An individual needs to ask a reference who knows him or her and the competencies that he or she has that makes him or her a qualified candidate for any of the purpose that s/he wants to achieve.
We can provide you with samples and templates of formal reference letters should you be needing guides in creating this particular kind of document. Other than that, we also have different Letter Template samples usable as references in various written transactions.
22+ Reference Templates - Microsoft Word (DOC), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator (AI) - START DOWNLOADING
Formal Reference Letter Request Template
Formal Business Reference Letter Template
Formal Employment Reference Letter Template
Formal Reference Letter Request
Before a formal reference letter will be given, a formal reference letter request must first be sent. A formal reference letter request is written by the individual who is asking another person to write a formal reference letter for him or her. It is very essential to select the references that you will ask a favor from as the letters that they are to write can make or break the result of the function where the formal reference letter will be used.
A few of the people that you may ask to write a formal reference letter for you are as follows:
- An official in the community who is knowledgeable of your contributions to your neighborhood
- The professors, advisers, and other school personnel that is aware of your academic performance
- The supervisors, managers, immediate heads, and other high-ranking company officials that are knowledgeable of your work ethics, professional background, and corporate tasks and responsibilities
Inclusions of a Formal Reference Letter Request
A basic formal reference letter request includes the following information:
- The name and information of the person asking for the formal reference letter
- The reference who is asked to write the letter
- The professional relationship of the two individual involved in the process
- The purpose of usage of the formal reference letter being requested
- The qualifications of the person that made him or her appropriate and qualified to be used as a reference
Aside from our formal reference letters, you may also browse through and download our Reference Letter Template samples.
Formal Job Reference Letter Example
Formal Reference Letter Format
Formal Recommendation Letter Template
Formal Employee Reference Letter
A formal employee reference letter may be used in different functions and purposes. Some of the processes where a formal employee reference letter is usable are as follows:
- It can be made for a person who is applying for a particular job position.
- It can be used by an employee for his or her promotion.
- A formal employee reference letter may also be passed from one department head to another for any internal transfers.
Other than our formal reference letter, you may also download our samples of Professional Reference Letter templates.