A letter of termination of employment is given by the human resource department of any company who needs to terminate an employee for specific reasons. Termination letters include the last working day of the employee and the reason on why he or she is being terminated. You may also see employment templates.
Reasons for termination may vary. A letter of termination of employment does not always mean that you’ve done something bad as an employee. Sometimes, situations just gets out of control, and terminating employees is the only option left for a company to do. No matter what those reasons and situations are, a company must remain to be professional and must address a letter to the person involved. Our Letter Template samples may help you in the creation of a letter of termination of employment.
Letter of Termination of Probationary Employment
Letter of Termination of Employment Template
Letter of Termination of Employment for Misconduct
Why Do Employees Receive a Letter of Termination of Employment?
Employees receive termination letters, well, of course, because they are getting terminated. But how does a company decide terminating an employee? Here are a few reasons why an employee has to be terminated:
- An employee has been caught bringing and using drugs or alcohol at work.
- Violence shown against other employees or the company’s clients.
- Company records have been falsified by an employee to save him or herself from an issue or for other personal purposes.
- Theft and personal usage of company tools and equipments.
- Attendance issues including records of being late, absences, and leaves usage without proper filing.
- Violation of company rules, regulations, conditions, and guidelines.
- Showing acts of insubordination.
- Inability of an employee to perform the work assigned to him or her.
You may use our Termination Letter Template and Employee Termination Letter to create a document needed for employee termination purposes should one or more of the abovementioned instances apply depending on your company rules and regulations.
Letter of Termination of Employment Job Abandonment
Letter of Termination of Employment for Insubordination
Letter of Termination of Employment Redundancy Template
Out-of-Hand Situations May Lead to Termination
It is not always the fault of an employee why he or she has to be terminated. A few of the reasons why employers terminate employees even if these employees are performing well and are not breaking any company rules are as follows:
- Needed lay offs has only one instruction to the human resource department: Terminate employees. They may not want to do it, but a company should always think of the business processes, especially at times when sales are not good and the economy is low. Having too many employees that they cannot sustain require companies to terminate employees.
- Probationary employees may be terminated in different cases. A common reason is that the duration of the contract has already expired and the company does not want to rehire the employee because all tasks and functions are already done so the services of the employee is no longer needed.
A human resource department would like to get more employments than to terminate as the latter has to deal with a lot of items and processes that other employees may not accept. Nonetheless, if it is the only option left, following the company guidelines and call to action is more important than letting emotions overpower you. You may use the Sample Letters of Employment we have on our website for the purpose that it shall serve.