In the course of your career, you might have to write up a reference letter for someone else, such as a colleague or employee. In that case, you might see a need to use reference letter templates in order to help you through the task of writing those letters.
While the most obvious use of these letters is as employment reference letters, there are examples of reference letters being used for purposes like academics. In this case, you would be looking for templates that you could use to refer someone for an accountant position, which would come with specific requirements you might not find elsewhere.
45+ Accounting Services Templates - Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Microsoft Publisher, Apple Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI) - START DOWNLOADING
Reference Letter for Accountant Job
How to Write a Reference Letter
If you were to write a reference letter in Word, then there are steps that you should be aware of so as to prepare yourself appropriately, among which are:
- Make sure that your letter follows the guidelines of formal business letters, as you might find in other letter templates like rental reference letter templates.
- When introducing the subject of your letter, explain your old working relationship, and what duties he had when he worked with you.
- Be sure to mention any other skills the subject may have that would be useful in the job he is currently applying for, and strongly suggest the subject for that position.
- Be sure to offer your contact information in case the recipient would like to follow up with you later.
Why You Would Want these Letter Templates
When choosing to use these reference letter examples, there are some incentives that might well encourage you to use them, which include:
- Time-saving, as you can save yourself time otherwise spent on writing the letters yourself.
- Convenience of a framework, as the most basic elements of professional reference letters are already present. All you need do yourself is fill in the specific details.
- Ease of formatting, as the letter template allows you to either follow the format you are given, or modify it to suit your own tastes.
Employment Reference Letter for Accountant
Professional Accountant Reference
Reference Letter for Client
Accountant Reference Letter in PDF
Guidelines for Writing a Reference Letter
When it comes to writing reference letters, you would be wise to use certain guidelines that can help you with various aspects of the writing, such as your reference letter format. In any case, some of the tips that you need to look out for the most include:
- Stay close to the point. Make sure that your letter always has referring your subject in mind, so as to ensure that it can emphasize its point best.
- Be concise. Presumably, the manager reading your letter has limited time, so in recognition of that it would pay to make sure that your letter can be read in a relatively short time.
- Be polite. Like tenant reference letter templates, your own letter is more supplicating, so it would do to be courteous so as to help your subject’s case.
- Be specific. If you are referring to any specific accomplishments on the subject’s behalf, it would be wise to make sure that you list specific achievements so as to give concrete reasons why he ought to be considered.
Of course, if you find yourself in need of other templates, you might be able to find exactly what you need by looking elsewhere on this site.