Tired of the usual card designs? Looking for new and refreshing card designs? You’re on the right page. Cards come in various shapes, patterns, and designs. There are also various types of cards. One of them is the famous greeting card, the invitation, and the business cards.
Each card is made for a particular purpose and thrust. They are intended to convey a particular message to another person. To help you boost up your inspiration in designing or making one, we have here an array of card design templates that are of great quality and design. In addition to our templates here, we also have other greeting card designs, which are also of great quality and design. Don’t hesitate to access and check them out. They will help put more life and inspiration to your cards.
Sample Business Card Templates
Business Gift Card
Sample Birthday Card
Animated Birthday Card
Birthday Baby Card
Funny Birthday Card
Sample Debit Card Templates
Debit Bank Card
Debit Rewards Card
Sample Greeting Card
Anniversary Greeting Card
Father’s Day Greeting Card
Engagement Greeting Card
New Year Greeting Card
Sample Graduation Card
Graduation Thank You Card
Graduation Announcement Card
Graduation Bingo Card
Graduation Day Card
Graduation Hat Card
Nature of Greeting Cards
By definition, a greeting card is illustrated as a piece of card which consists of high-quality paper. It usually carries with it a particular message and expression of love, friendship, gratitude, or other sentiments.
Nowadays, greeting cards are widely used despite the advancement of information technology. They have surpassed the test of times. In line with this, it is worth knowing how the idea of greeting card came to be. Here are some of its salient historical beginnings:
- According to history, the tradition of giving greeting cards originated during the time of the ancient Chinese. They were engaged in exchange of messages of good will, especially during special occasions such as New Year.
- Aside from the them, the early Egyptians conveyed their feelings and greetings through the use of papyrus scrolls.
- It was during the 15th century that handmade paper greeting cards were circulated and exchanged in Europe.
- In terms of technical developments, lithography bolster the manufacture of greeting cards in 1930.
- Moving forward, the advancements of modern technology gave way for new and modernized greeting cards. Greeting cards now are subject to various designs and themes. You can even send out virtual greetings via the internet. If you’re interested for more creative greeting card designs, we also have templates for you. Just click on the provided link to access them.
These are just some salient points in history represented the evolution and transformation of greeting cards. Indeed, each greeting card has a story to tell.
Types of Greeting Cards
Speaking of greeting cards, there are an array of greeting card types that you can choose from. From the standard types to the most modern ones. In designing and creating greeting cards, it is essential to know what type of greeting card you are trying to make. In line with that, here are some popular types of greeting cards:
- Photo Greeting Cards. This type of greeting card is gaining its spotlight in the modern world. In here, the photo is integrated in the card together with the art elements. They are considered as high-end designs because photo greeting cards requires an amazing quality or else the whole structure of the design will falter. To inspire you more, you can also check out our photo greeting card templates which are also of great quality and design.
- Risque Greeting Cards. This type of greeting cards have its foundation on adult-based humor and cartoons. You have to be careful in using this type of greeting card because some cultures may find the designs and cartoons too offensive.
- Electronic Greeting Cards. This refers to cards that are sent via email or other internet-based medium. With the growing influence of social media, it is also a medium of sending and designing greeting cards.
These are just some of the basic types of greeting cards that are worth knowing. You can substantiate more your design if you now the purpose and type of greeting card you’re working on.
Sample Menu Card Templates
Bar Menu Card
Restaurant Menu Card
Catering Menu Card
Fast Food Menu Card
Modern Menu Card
Sample Name Card
Name Place Card
Creative Name Card
Digital Name Card
Folding Name Card
Sample Report Card Templates
Health Report Card
School Report Card
Behaviour Report Card
Village Report Card
Patient Report Card
Sample School Card
School Annual Day Invitation Card
School Bus Card
School Report Card Template
School Dinner Card
School Fee Card in PDF
What Should Be Included in a Business Card?
Another kind of card which is widely used whether in the global or local industry is the business card. It is relatively small card which bears relevant business or professional details and information especially one’s contact details. According to research, the standard dimensions of a business card are 3.5″ × 2″. Here are some other pertinent details about them:
- Put your basic information. It only requires your updated contact details, company name, your name, and job title, pertinent email addresses, and connected websites. Always ensure that you don’t provide an atmosphere of mystery. Don’t let your prospective clients exert unnecessary effort just to contact you.
- Nonprofit business cards. For nonprofit-driven businesses, the business card should only include the name of the company, your name, contact details, and email address. You can also insert a tagline or any line that would indicate that your line of business is nonstock.
- Personal business cards. This type of business cards are minimalist in nature. Some businessmen provide a separate and distinct personal business card for them aside from the for business one. In here, you are given the freedom to design it according to your preferences.
Furthermore, studies show that business cards are considered as a road and stepping stone to one’s success within a particular field you are in. For starters, it can help you land a great job, business partnership, or corporate setting. And if you’re the owner of the business, it can help you gain more profits by engaging and dealing with more clients.
These are some key points you need to take note about business cards. Aside from the array of templates that we’ve provided here, we also have other printable business card templates, which are also of great quality and design. Just click on the provided link to access them.
Common Business Card Mistakes That You Should Avoid
Business cards may seem small and insignificant, but that is not really the case. Never underestimate the power of your business card in the business world. In line with this, here are some common business card mistakes that you should avoid in order to make your business card stand out from the rest:
- Using light font color. Going back to the rationale why business cards are created, you must not sacrifice clarity for the sake of a certain design. In the end of the day, your prospective clients are after your contact details. Using light font color can decrease the readability of your card.
- Designs that are not in line with your brand. Business cards are also means of promoting and marketing one’s business or brand. In order to effective market your brand, ensure that the design does not contract your brand’s innate design. Both aspects must complement each other.
- Printed on a poor-quality paper. This is a big no-no in the world of business cards. An exception for this are those people who are representing environmental organizations which espouse the use of recycled papers. But for those who are in the corporate world, always print your cards using a paper with good quality.
- Small font size. In making your business cards, you have to bear in mind that not all of us have a perfect vision. You must also consider if your chosen font size is readable enough. In order to avoid mistakes and confusions, refrain from using small font sizes.
- Information overload. Avoid sharing too much information in your business card. Limit the details that you provide in your business card with those information that are relevant and updated.
These are just some of the common mistakes that individuals commit in making business cards. There are still a lot that you’ll learn along the way. Aside from them, you can also check out our professional name cards, which are also of great quality and design.
Sample Thank You Card Templates
Thank You Donation Card
Thank You Letter Card
Thank You Photo Card Template
Thank You Referral Card
Thank You Daughter Card
Sample Visiting Card
Real Estate Visiting Card
Company Visiting Card
Event Visiting Card
Gym Visiting Card
Photography Visiting Card
Sample Wedding Card
Wedding Quotes Card
Wedding Blessings Card
Wedding Congratulations Card
Sample Baby Shower Card Templates
Baby Shower Diaper Card
Baby Boy Shower Card
Homemade Baby Shower Card
Printable Baby Shower Card
Sample Farewell Card
Employee Farewell Card
Farewell Pop Up Card
Farewell Retirement Card
Virtual Farewell Card
Benefits of Using Cards
Cards, specifically in the case of business cards, are used to gain more clients and elevate one’s career. In the case of greeting cards, they also bring about not just professional benefits but also emotional ones. Here some benefits of using greeting cards:
- In a working environment, the circulation of greeting cards can help level up your employees’ morale and self-esteem. Your employees will feel that they are well valued and taken cared of by their employers. For instance, employers should make a habit to give occasional greeting cards to their employees such as Christmas cards, thank-you cards, birthday cards, and many more.
- In a more personal point of view, the giving of greeting cards to your family, friends, and loved ones is really worth your time and resources. The smiles and thank yous that you’ll get in return are priceless. A simple greeting card can express all different kinds of emotions such as gratitude, sympathy, humor, joy, and love. It allows us to connect with other people on an emotional level, especially for those people who have touched and changed our lives in so many ways.
These are just some of the emotional benefits brought about by greeting cards. Indeed, sending greeting cards allows us a variety of sentiments that we can share to our family, friends, customers, clients, and employees.
Cards for Various Occasions
As you can see from our array of templates, we’ve provided different kinds of cards from the greeting cards to the debit cards. They represent the diverse influence a simple card has in the world stage. Let’s examine some of them:
- Holiday Cards. There are a lot of holiday card designs available for you. Greeting cards are used as a way of expressing one’s wishes of good health and love to other people during holiday seasons. Examples of such are Christmas greeting cards, New Year’s cards, Thanksgiving, and other holidays that are celebrated in from country to country.
- Farewell Cards. These cards are great ways of creatively expressing your gratitude and goodbyes for a family member, workmate, and friends. Our cards will not just serve as cards, per se, but also farewell gifts that will forever be cherished and remembered by the addressee.
- Baby Shower Cards. A baby shower is an event wherein family, loved ones, and friends gather in a certain venue to celebrate the coming of a baby angel in their life. It is also a time that they give their blessings ad wishes to the future parents. In line with this, baby shower greeting cards are used to express one’s happiness for the couple’s blessings.
Aside from the occasion-based greeting cards, you can also see card templates that are used for other purposes. Here are some of them:
- Visiting Card. it is defined as a card that bears a person’s name and address. It is given in lieu of a formal social or business gathering. It is like a smaller version of an invitation card, as you can see we have real estate visiting cards, gym visiting cards, and photography visiting card.
- School Report Card. This card is usually used in schools and other academic institutions. The card will show the performance and grades of students academically. The format of a report card may vary from country to country.
- Debit Card. It draws money directly from your checking account when you make a particular purchase using the card. The card is relatively small in terms of size.
These are just some of the cards that are widely used by everyone. In a digital age that we are living right now, cards are never obsolete. They are still used medium of communication and correspondence.
Easy-to-Download Card Templates
Indeed, cards have a variety of faces. They are small but still complex in terms of design and structure. You have to be very keen on the details in dealing with them. There are indeed a lot of factors to take into account. In line with this, if you are pressed with time and needs a little push of inspiration in designing your cards, then you can simply download our templates. To do this, follow the simple steps below:
- Discern and scroll through the page. Template.net offers a variety of templates for you. You can simply scroll down and check out the list of templates. While scrolling down, there are also bits of relevant information and facts that are associated with cards that you can also use for reference purposes.
- Time to download! Click on the green Download button below your chosen template in order to start downloading.
Feel free to check out our more of our Templates. Enjoy your stay at Template.net!