Resignation letters are created to provide a formal statement regarding the decision of an employee to resign. Resignation letter template may given to the management of the business either through a physical copy handed out to the superior of the resigning employee or through an email that contains the resignation letter may it be in the body of the email or as an attachment.
Writing a resignation letter is very easy especially if you already have a template to follow. This post contains different samples of email resignation letter templates that you may use in creating one.
Sample Email Resignation Letter
Director Email Resignation Letter in PDF
Email Resignation Letter to HR in Word
Email Resignation Letter to Manager
Account Executive Email Resignation Letter
Two Weeks Notice Email Resignation Letter
How to Write an Email Resignation Letter
If you want to create a resignation letter that you will send in an email, here are a few guidelines that you may follow:
- Assure that the format of the resignation letter is still formal looking and business like.
- Use a resignation letter template that is appropriate to be used for email processes.
- Decide on whether you will but the resignation letter in the body of the email or you will attach it to the email where there is already an introductory statement regarding your decision to resign.
Why Are Resignation Letters Sent through Email?
A few reasons why resignation letters are sent through email are as follows:
- There are companies whose resignation processes require resigning employees to send an electronic resignation letter.
- It may also be for easier information dissemination regarding the resignation as the supervisor of the resigning employee can just send multiple copies of the resignation letter to other entities who should be aware of the applicant’s decision to resign.
- There may be instances where a resigning employee cannot physically hand out a resignation letter due to Personal reasons which made the company allow him or her to send an electronic copy instead.
Email Resignation Thank you Letter in PDF
Resignation Letter Email to Manager
Formal Email Resignation Letter
Email Resignation Acceptance Letter
Inclusions of an Email Resignation Letter
An email resignation letter is mostly the same as a physical resignation letter in terms of its content. That being said, an email resignation letter should have the following details:
- The name of the resigning employee
- The date that the email resignation letter has been sent
- The name of the immediate superior of the employee and/or other people to whom the letter is for
- The name of the company where the employee is currently employed at
- The statement of resignation
- The position that the resigning employee will vacate
- The effective date of the resignation
- The reason for the resignation
The templates that we have provided in this article contains all these information and/or spaces where you can fill these items, which will make it easier for you to curate an email resignation letter that you will send to your company should you be fully decided in resigning.
Aside from our samples and templates of email resignation letters, our samples of Rude Resignation Letter and Two-Week Notice Resignation Letter templates are also available for download. However, you may not take the former seriously as this might get you in hot water.