Seeking for a job is never easy, especially to novices (i.e. fresh graduates). One of the best tools that applicants must have, apart from a resume, of course, is a cover letter. Sent along with a resume, it is also a way of introducing oneself to prospective employers and explaining your edge and suitability for the desired position.
It is imperative that one makes a positive impression when applying. In terms of cover letter making, if you are not sure how to go about it, you can make use of our first cover letter templates. These perfect for applicants of all caliber as these templates are pre-formatted and are written professionally. Browse through our various options below.
Customer Service Job
First Engineering Job
Management Cover Letter
Retail Job Cover Letter
What Should be Included in a Cover Letter?
Your cover letter serves as the introduction of yourself to a certain employer. It is also a great chance for you to convey your potential as a strong candidate and show them your ability to communicate in a professional manner. When crafting your own cover letter, make sure you know the things you need to include.
- Introduction – Indicate why you are interested in applying for the company and how you learned about the vacancy. Did you apply because of a job ad, because you read about the company or its executives, or because you received a referral?
- Body – This part is very vital. This is where you highlight qualifications and strengths. You need to augment information contained in your resume and don’t forget to add some personal qualities.
- Closing – In case you are applying for a position that was not advertised, state that you will make a follow-up to your application. Otherwise, indicate that you are looking forward to the chance to be able to talk with them regarding how you can contribute to the company’s success.
For your cover letter reference, you might want to check out our Fax Cover Letter Templates or Latex Cover Letter.
First Nursing Job
Professional Cover Letter
Top 10 Cover Letter Writing Tips
When writing cover letters, sometimes we tend to belittle the small things, not knowing that these things can make a huge difference. Keep in mind that the more compelling your cover letter is, the higher your chances are of getting that interview. Follow these easy steps to make the perfect cover letter.
- Take time to review cover letter examples.
- Choose an appropriate cover letter type.
- Make sure to address your cover letter properly and correctly.
- Always format your cover letter properly. Make it readable and understandable.
- Don’t forget to include keywords. This is necessary to increase the chance of getting selected for an interview.
- Include only the most relevant information.
- You can start by making use of a cover letter template.
- Highlight your skills (both soft and technical).
- If needed, explain employment gap.
- Lastly, don’t make it about you. Make it about the company and what you can do for them.
If you want a great reference for your cover letter making, this page offers a lot of cover letter variations. We even have Free Cover Letter Templates and Email Cover Letter Templates. Check them out and make a flawless cover letter!