An email cover letter is a digital form of a document which a job seeker sends to an employer through the use of electronic mail in hopes of getting a job. Though many companies still use the traditional cover letters that are printed on paper, some companies have already adapted to the modern technology and are using the paperless method in their hiring process.
Writing an email cover letter is just the same as writing one on paper, with the only difference is that it is done digitally. You should start by stating your name and the job you are applying for on the subject line. On the message box, the first thing you should write is a greeting for the employer.
Then you can proceed immediately with your primary purpose for writing the email, which is to apply for a particular position in their company. Give the reader a short background of your education and employment then explain what your skills are and how you can benefit the company if ever you are chosen. Finally, close the email with a thank you, and that you are looking forward to getting called back for an interview. Then on the bottom part, you should write “Respectfully” or “Sincerely” with your complete name below it.
Check out our samples of Simple Job Application Letter templates on our website to help you get started.
Administrative Email Cover Letter
Administrative Assistant Cover letter Sample
Accounting Email Cover Letter
Accounting Internship Cover Letter
Sample Accounting Cover Letter
How to Write an Email Cover Letter?
As mentioned earlier, the process of writing an email cover letter is just as similar to the process of writing a regular cover letter. However, if you think that using an email cover letter is better compared to physically handing it to your prospective employer then you need to be aware on how to properly send an cover letter electronically. Here are the major parts of an e-mail cover letter that you should be knowledgeable of and familiar with:
Unless the company has specific instructions for this box, you should write your complete name here and the position you are applying for to give the reader an idea on what your letter is about even before opening it.
The contents of the message box should be divided into three paragraphs: the introduction, the skills paragraph, and the closing line.
- Introduction. This contains the cover letter salutation/greeting addressed towards the employer. This will be followed by introducing your name, educational attainment (you may or may not mention where you finished school), and work experience (if applicable). Then explain your purpose of writing the cover letter, which is to apply for a position in the company.
- Skills. Here, you should enumerate your skills and qualifications that are relevant for the specific job position you are applying, and you should state the reason why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Closing. Thank the employer for taking time to read you email and for considering you for the position. You may include here your phone number for a convenient method of response. The last element here is the sign off, which should contain your complete name.
To further help you out on how to write an email cover letter, check out our collection of Email Cover Letter Templates.
Business Email Cover Letter
Business Email Cover Letter Sample
Graduate Email Cover Letter
Recent Graduate Email Cover Letter
Graduate School Application Cover Letter
Tips for Writing an Email Cover Letter
- Use the standard and formal formatting in your sample cover letter, as discussed earlier.
- Keep the email short, precise, and straight-to-the-point. Write at least two to three paragraphs, with two to four sentences for each paragraph.
- Keep the email simple by using a simple, formal font type, and easy-to-understand words.
- Tailor your letter for the specific job position you are applying.
- Never forget to proofread for grammatical and spelling errors before clicking on the send button.
If you need further assistance, you may want ot check out more of our collection of Cover Letter Template.
Internship Email Cover Letter
Student Internship Email Letter
Medical Email Cover Letter
Medical Receptionist Letter Format
What Is an Email Cover Letter?
An email cover letter is defined as a cover/application letter that is sent via email along with your digital resume to provide additional information to the employer regarding your skills, experiences, and qualifications. There are different ways on how to send an email cover letter:
- You can save it on a Word document and then attach the saved file to your email.
- You can compose the letter on a Word document, and then copy the contents and paste it on the email message box.
- You can write your letter directly on to the email message box.
There are companies today that prefer receiving cover letter format and resumes through email because they find it easier and faster than the more traditional method. With email cover letters, they won’t have to go through piles of paper to be able to find something that they need, all files will be easily accessible and organized in one location, the email inbox. But even with this convenience, there are still companies that prefer the cover letter on paper form because they still consider this as a more formal method.
For even more letter templates, go ahead and check more samples of Simple Cover Letter Template.
Nursing Email Cover Letter
Office Email Cover Letter
Sample Office Assistant Email Letter
Job Email Cover Letter Example
How to Address an Email Cover Letter?
The first thing that you should do before even starting to compose you cover letters in word is to read closely and understand the directions in the job advertisement. Know what is asked from you and follow the format according to their instructions. It is very important that you follow the instructions given because employers will know those who have paid close attention to what they are asking from their candidates, and it will show them those candidates who are not really determined and are only taking their job advertisement for granted.
Why Should You Download Our Letter Templates?
- Professionally Written. These templates were written by knowledgeable professionals for the purpose of providing you with informative samples on how to write email cover letters.
- Easy to Download and Affordable. These templates are fully accessible and easy to download for a reasonable fee.
- Fully Editable and High Quality. These templates come in the fully editable Doc and high-resolution PDF format to assure you of high quality printouts.
- You may need the licensed version of Adobe Acrobat or Foxit Reader to be able to edit PDF files.
For those looking to apply as an administrative assistant, you may want to check out our collection of Administrative Assistant Cover Letters. But if you couldn’t find the free cover letter samples that you need on this page, then check out the links below for some more relevant and useful contents on our website.