When applying specific teaching roles, teachers usually create targeted resumes or chronological resumes to apply for that specific teaching position. Whether as a school mistress, a counselor position, or a physical education coach position, teachers use specialized teacher resumes to display work experiences which will relate to teaching and management of students or teachers.
We show you some teacher resume templates you can use to create your own teacher resume with ease and guide you what to place in a teaching-related resume. We also share to you some information on what you can do with these types of templates. You can also check out our website for more resume formats you can use.
Free Teacher Resume Template
School Teacher Resume Download
Sample School Teacher
Sample Format for High School Teacher
Downloadable Fresher Teacher Resume
Sample for Teacher Without Experience
Powerful Action Verbs Included in Resumes
Placing action verbs in your resumes can prove useful in convincing the reader to hire you for a teaching position; however, you will have to know when to use such action verbs to prevent making an awkward-looking sentence. Below are some action verbs you can used based on the characteristics where each verb belongs to:
- Management/leadership skills:
- Communication/people skills:
- Research Skills:
As much as possible, be creative when you use such words in creating your teacher resumes. If you can use them correctly, you can create an effective resume that may land you a job in teaching. You can also check out our website for more sample teacher resumes to make creative resumes.
Why Resume Headlines Are Important
Resume headlines are important because they give off an introduction to the set of skills or work experiences you may have placed in your resumes. Placing headlines will also guide your readers on what they may be reading about in your resumes, and at the same time, using headlines are also preferred for formality purposes. You can also check out our website for different types of Tutor Resumes to help you create high-quality resumes.
Primary Teacher Resume Download
Primary School Teacher
Primary School Teacher Fresher
Computer Teacher Resume Download
Sample Computer Science Teacher Fresher
Computer Teacher Fresher Format
Teacher Job Resume Download
Free Teacher Job
6 Things Recruiters Want to See in Your Teacher Resume
Recruiters will most likely be interested in calling you up for an interview if you know what to place in your resumes, which is why accurate details are important when making your elementary, high school, and many other teacher resumes. Below are six factors recruiters would want in your resume which will be useful when creating your resume:
- Properly formatted resume – When you have a properly formatted resume, they will look more neat and organized, which is what recruiters would want. Recruiters would not want to see a disorganized-looking resume, which is a big turn off, and may be confusing on the recruiters’ part when scanning through your resume.
- Placing objectives in your resume – Placing objectives in your resume will also help give recruiters an idea of what your goal will be in your career, how you will approach your work once hired by the school, and an idea on which job position will best fit your needs and qualifications.
- Placing work history in your resume – Placing your work experience in your resume is the most critical part a resume should contain. You should place your work experiences in chronological order so that the recruiter won’t have a difficult time in scanning through the sequence of your career.
- Placing your complete education in your resume – You will also have to place your complete education details or credentials in your resumes for the recruiter to know where you received your education and what kind of education you have gone through. This will also give them the idea on your strengths and weaknesses.
- Placing Achievements and Skills in Your Resume – Placing technical skills and your achievements in your resume will help recruiters know more about how you handle yourself and the different achievements you have made over time. Placing skills and achievements in your resume will give you better chances of being employed as you show your strengths.
- Placing References in Your Resume – One of the most important parts in a resume and what recruiters need are your references which will be of use to them when they conduct background checks. Recruiters like to see your resume contain references which signify what you have written in them are all valid.
You can also download and use different types of printable teacher resumes in .doc format or elementary teacher resumes from our website.
Resume Format for Teacher
Teaching Job Format
Fresher Teacher Format
Free School Teacher Format
Elementary School Teacher Resume Template
Sample Experienced Elementary School Teacher
Elementary School Teacher Objective
Elementary School Art Teacher
Certified Elementary School Teacher
Why Are References Important in Resumes?
References are important when creating a resume as it verifies all the information you have written in your resume is true. References can also be used to do background checks by recruiters and ask them for more information about you. Such information may include how you were as an employee, attendance concerns, and the reason why you left.
Placing references in your resume also serves for formality purposes. References are also used in checking if you had any issues as an employee. This is to give recruiters more information about you as a person and an employee. They will be able to tell if you are up to the task of being able to deal with their demands.
You can also check out our website if you need to check on more free teacher resumes to search for additional templates you can use for your reference.
Placing References In Your Resumes
When placing references in your resumes, always be sure that contact numbers you have provided from your references are still functioning as recruitment will be using it to contact them. When placing references, be sure that references you are placing are your previous supervisors, managers, or someone with a higher-level position in the company. Never place your family or friends as your references as this can be considered informal and biased.
When placing references, make sure that these contacts are people who have worked with you previously. In the case of a new graduate with no work experience yet, you can always include your teachers or department heads who have taught you as your source for a reference.
You can also check out our website for some Preschool Teacher Resumes if you need such sources to help you apply for preschool teaching roles.
Secondary School Teacher Resume Example
Sample Higher Secondary School Teacher
Sample Secondary School Teacher
Secondary School Teacher Resume Format
Experienced Teacher Resume
Experienced Teacher in DOC
Teaching Job Fresher Cover Letter
Professional Teacher Resume Template
Professional Kindergarten Teacher
Sample Professional Teacher Format
Professional Teacher Resume Objective
Professional Experienced Teacher Example
Business Teacher Resume Template
High School Business Teacher
Experienced Business Teacher
Pros and Cons of Teacher Resumes
When using teacher resumes, they can give you the greatest advantages when applying for specific roles, but teacher resumes too have their own disadvantages. Below we discuss the pros and cons of using a teacher resume.
Pros of having a teacher resume
- Teacher resumes will get you better chances of being employed when you apply for teaching-related jobs, which is the main purpose for using a teacher resume.
- Teacher resumes let you display your technical skills that relate with teaching as well as let you place work experience that will relate to teaching.
Cons of having a teacher resume
- Having a teacher resume only limits you to apply for teaching-related jobs. It is not flexible enough for you to expand your other skills and work experience.
- Using a teacher resume will greatly limit your chances of being able to use it to apply for other job positions in other companies as teacher resumes will limit you to placing only teaching-related work experiences and will make it inappropriate if you place any work experience or skill not related to teaching.
By checking our website, you can also download different types of teacher resume examples you can use as reference to create more resume formats. You can also download and use different types of Substitute Teacher Resumes from our website.