Sending out sample invitations is a smart party-planning practice. It gives your invited guests a heads-up about the event, and you, the organizer, gets an estimate about the number of people coming. This gives you the cue to determine if adjustments with the caterer or the venue provider need to be decided.
To help you with your party planning, we have searched the Internet for the best invitation templates that you will need for every occasion. Choose any invitation card template from this collection that we are about to show you to end up with well-designed invitations that your guests will be delighted to receive.
Bridal Shower invitation Postcard Template
BBQ Engagement Party Invitation Card Template
Kitty Party Invitation Card Template
Ramadan Invitation Card Template
Corporate Party Invitation Card Template
Beach Wedding Invitation Card Template
Golf Invitation Card Template
Funeral Program Invitation Card
Business Invitation Card Template
Business Fair Invitation Card Template
Wedding Invitation Card Template
Event Invitation Card Template
60th Birthday Invitation Card Template
Wedding Anniversary Invitation Card Template
Annual Meeting Invitation Card Template
Baby Shower Invitation Card Template
Bachelorette Party Invitation Card Template
Floral Baptism Invitation Card Template
Barbecue Party Invitation Card Template
Mickey Mouse Birthday Invitation Card Template
Bridal Shower Invitation Card Template in PSD
Chalkboard Anniversary Invitation Card Template
Housewarming Invitation Card Template in Word
Engagement Party Invitation Card Template
Printable Funeral Invitation Card Template
Farewell Party Invitation Card Template
Retirement Party Invitation Card Template
1st Birthday Party Invitation Card Template
Baby Naming Ceremony Invitation Card Template
Sample Wedding Invitation Cards
Wedding Anniversary Invitation Card
Wedding Blessing Invitation Card
Creative Wedding Invitation Card
Wedding Day Invitation Card
Sample Birthday Invitation Cards
Birthday Party Invitation Card
First Birthday Invitation Card
50th Birthday Invitation Card
Animated Birthday Invitation Card
Baby Birthday Invitation Card
Sample Graduation Invitation Cards
Graduation Ceremony Invitation Card
Graduation Photo Invitation Card
Graduation Party Invitation Card
College Graduation Invitation Card
Christening Sample Invitation Cards
Christening Invitation Card for Twins
Luxury Christening Invitation Card
Sample Death Anniversary Invitation Cards
First Death Anniversary Invitation Card
Free Death Anniversary Invitation Card
What Are Invitations?
Invitations are a request for someone to go somewhere or do something, as defined by Merriam-Webster. This is done either verbally or through a written notice. An invitation will make that person more likely to attend the event or party as they already have a slight idea of what is about to come. The prospect of socializing with people and celebrating a special event are the main reasons that people accept invitations.
Invitations set the mood and atmosphere of the party. This is the reason why most people resort to using DIY invitation templates to create highly customized invitations. This allows the individual full control of the design and the contents in the invitation, making them one of a kind and memorable.
History of the Invitation
Which country or culture first used invitations is highly debatable, but it is clear that the prevalence of its use was within the upper echelon and the highly educated. Invitations were commonly used by the European aristocracy in the beginning of the eighteenth century to entice the other members of the elite circle for a social event.
Sending and receiving invitations were not only a mark of opulence and membership to an exclusive club; it was a display of education. The ability to read an write was a skill that was only offered to the wealthy and was hard for the rest of the population to acquire.
Each invitation was handwritten to show off not only skill but the implied acquisition of help to assist in the writing. All these factors signify being a member of the social elite and the access to resources that most people of the time did not.
Are Invitations Still Relevant Today?
As we are in the digital age, the concept of handwritten invitations are deemed presumptuous and incredibly unnecessary. The overlap between tradition and the convenience of online communication has blurred the lines of how invitations should be treated. From the casual birthday invitations to the formal dinner invitations, the delivery and execution of these invitations have undergone massive changes.
But if we take a closer look, printed invitations are still expected and highly appreciated. This is simply because the rarity of these have made them more desirable. Printed invitations offer a more personal feel. This makes guests feel more valued for being given the extra effort of a traditional printed invitation.
The Benefits of Paper Invitations
Invitation traditionalists have three reasons why going paper is still a good thing:
- It shows style and courtesy. An invitation template is your blank canvas, you can design it however you want and attach whichever mood and message you see fit. Event invitation designs will always come in handy, as it comes in with built-in designs that are perfect for every type of party. Going the extra mile with invitations always conveys one’s good taste and manners.
- It always induces a positive reaction to receivers. The excitement of receiving a well-designed invitation always gives a boost in mood, even up to the day of the party itself. Printed invitations are not momentary due to its nature. They can double as a souvenir, an item that your guests can cherish for a long time.
- Not everyone has Facebook and e-mail. Believe it or not, not all your guests will be able to access your e-mail invitations even in this day and age. To accommodate these guests, you might as well go for printed invitations. Just like these farewell drinks invitations, as they both come in printable and PDF format.
Sample Baptism Invitation Cards
Personalized Baptism Invitation Card
Baptism Announcement Invitation Card
Fancy Baptism Invitation Card
Sample Baby Shower Invitation Cards
Editable Baby Shower Invitation Card
Electronic Baby Shower Invitation Card
Funny Baby Shower Invitation Card
Homemade Baby Shower Invitation Card
Sample Cocktail Invitation Cards
Cocktail Party Invitation Card
Corporate Cocktail Invitation Card
Cocktail Fundraiser Invitation Card
Sample Dinner Invitation Cards
Dinner and Dance Invitation Card
Business Dinner Invitation Card
Valentine Dinner Invitation Card
Gala Dinner Invitation Card
Sample Engagement Invitation Cards
Beautiful Engagement Invitation Card
Unique Engagement Invitation Card
Engagement Invitation Card Vector
Smart Tips to Create Invitations that Attract Attendees
Our shared sample party invitations have everything covered in terms of design and proper wording. But we do leave room for users to customize them however they see fit for a very minimal cost. If you are decided in enhancing these party invitation templates, we show you how these can be done. Follow these simple tips, and you should be on your way to creating the best invitations:
- Keep details clear, short, and on point. Invitations are not an opportunity to draft a letter, your guests are most probably pumped up about the party anyway. All they want to know now is when and where the party is happening and if they need a special attire to go with it. Much like with children’s party invitations, only indicate the most important details and leave the rest of the story for conversations during the party itself.
- Clearly state what the invitation is for. Not everyone is updated with your social calendar, so, of course, no one knows it’s your mom’s birthday in a couple of weeks. Prevent your guests from double guessing what the invitation is for by clearly stating it. From here, your guests will be enlightened as to the proper present to bring and the overall mood (and sometimes expected guests) at the party.
- Think of your invitations like a marketing strategy. Leave room for the thought that your party might coincide on the exact same day that your guest has another event to go to. Making sure that your guest decides to go to your party instead will rely heavily on how enticing your invitation is. Take a cue from these holiday lunch invitations and see why users of this invitations have had high success rates in guest attendance.
- Add in a call of action. Even when most will never admit it, people are always waiting to be told what to do. This is why advertisements with strong calls for action always see an immediate increase in product sales. Use the same strategy, and you will get the same results with attendance. Phrases like “Please mark your calendars!” or “Please call this number to confirm that you are coming” are non-aggressive yet effective words that will ensure your guests’ presence.
Incredible invitations can be achieved with our sample invitation templates, but you can also express your creative (and strategic) side with them. Walk through our website and see invitation designs that are so well designed, you wish you are going to have to throw parties for every single occasion.
Church Fundraising Invitation Card
Fundraising Event Invitation Card
Fundraising Concert Invitation Card
Sample Housewarming Invitation Cards
Housewarming Cookout Invitation Card
Housewarming Email Invitation Card
Sample Hello Kitty Invitation Cards
Hello Kitty Anniversaire Invitation Card
Sample Professional Invitation Cards
Professional Conference Invitation Card
Professional Farewell Invitation Card
Professional Grand Opening Invitation Card
Military Retirement Invitation Card
Different Types of Invitation Cards Here
Invitation templates come aplenty on this article and on our entire website. All these are waiting to be personalized and sent to important guests. We discuss with you below some of these templates and which occasions they suit best:
Sample Wedding Invitation Cards
A wedding is not complete without an invitation, and we have the perfect wedding invitation cards to match every wedding theme. Find some of them here!
- Wedding Anniversary Invitation Card – Wedding anniversaries may not be as big an occasion as weddings, but they still for a party with all your friends and family members. This invitation template is suitable to use for this specific occasion, no matter the year.
- Creative Wedding Invitation Card – Every couple aims for a one-of-a-kind wedding and the invitation comes with the territory. This template is incredibly fitting for engaged couples who pay great mind into creating highly creative wedding invitation templates.
Sample Birthday Invitation Cards
Unlike any other occasion, a birthday is the only event that every person in the world has in common. Use any of these birthday invitation cards for every birthday party, from the first all the way to the fiftieth birthday celebrants.
- Birthday Party Invitation Card – This invitation template is suitable for every celebrant, from kids to adults. This gender-neutral design makes it a universal birthday invitation.
- 50th Birthday Invitation Card – Celebrating 50 years of the good life is a momentous occasion and deserves a party. If you are throwing an intimate or crowded 50th birthday party, this invitation template is perfect for the occasion.
Sample Graduation Invitation Cards
Successfully finishing school is one of the biggest achievements that a person will ever have and a party should never be out of the question. Use any of our graduation invitation cards and gradation party templates to invite everyone over to share the celebration with you.
- Graduation Ceremony Invitation Cards – Get all your family members and friends to cheer for you on your graduation day with this invitation card. Acquiring that diploma does not happen very often and deserves to be witnessed.
- Graduation Photo Invitation Card – Graduation photos are costly and never get much exposure anywhere else anyway, so you might as well add them in your invitations! This invitation template allows you to do just that. Produce graduation invitations that a professional could have designed, only much easily with this template.
Visit the Rest of Template.net for More Invitation Templates
Every important occasion is entitled to a party with the presence of all the people that you love. Securing their attendance at the party only takes a simple invitation. We have made this task much simpler, by sharing invitation templates that only takes a few minutes to customize and then they are ready to be sent out!
Do take your time to check out all invitation templates that we have to offer on this site. Templates here are easy to personalize for a very minimal fee, while some are absolutely free. We have more than just invitations; we also provide templates for personal and corporate use. So head on over to those pages now.