A board resignation letter is one of the final formal letters written by a board member within his or her stay in the company where he or she is about to resign. A board’s decision to resign from his or her current post is affected by different factors that may either be personal or brought by the processes followed by the institution or organization where he or she is currently involved in that he or she disapproves.
We can give you samples of board resignation letter templates if you want to know more information about the inclusions of a basic board resignation letter used in different industries. Other than that, we also have other Resignation Letter samples used by employees holding a different professional position who would like to formally state their will to resign through a written document.
158+ Resignation Letter Templates in PDF | Word | Google Docs | Apple Pages -START DOWNLOADING
Board Resignation Letter
School Board Resignation Letter Template
Nonprofit Board Resignation Letter Template
Board of Directors Resignation Letter Template
Board Member Resignation Letter Template
Reasons for Board Resignation Related to the Organization’s Operations
Though there are times when a board resignation letter is by personal reasons, it can also be because of items that are related to the operations of the organization where the board member is not comfortable. A few of these reasons are as follows:
- There may be information that is essential to one’s work processes that is not being discussed by the organization for the reason/s that the individual requesting for the information is also not aware of.
- There may be duties that are given to the board which is not included in the contract or agreement that he or she has signed.
- The decision-making process of the board always depends on particular people and other suggestions and comments of different board members are not entertained.
- There may be suggestions for improvement given by the board member who is to resign but has been declined for the personal advantage of other board members.
- There are meetings where only a few of the organization’s board are invited and other board members do not even know what they have talked about.
- The implementation of a decision that is affected by political grounds and motives.
- The governance metrics of the organization do not promote a healthy working environment and professional relationship growth.
- The organization is not getting any improvements.
Aside from our downloadable samples of board resignation letters, you may also be interested to browse through our samples of Teacher Resignation Letter templates.
Board Resignation Acceptance Letter Template
Board Resignation Thank You Letter
Board Resignation Letter Format
Inclusions of a Board Resignation Letter
Just like a normal resignation letter, the basic items included in a board resignation letter examples are as follows:
- The name of the resigning board member
- The date that the board resignation letter has been written
- The date of the effective implementation of the board resignation letter
- The duration of time that the board member is willing to render additional service to the organization
- The reason for the board resignation
- The items that support the claims of the board member for the reasons of his or her resignation
- The name of the people who are needed to be aware of the resignation
Other than our board resignation letter, our samples of other Simple Resignation Letter templates are also available for download.