To land a job at a consulting firm or company, you need to undergo an application process which requires submission of a resume and a cover letter. Cover letter templates are as equally important as resumes in applying for jobs. Cover Letter Writing is essential in highlighting why you should be hired by the business entity.
Writing cover letters must be done with the proper format, Cover Letter Salutation, and content. This will show how well you are in writing documents as well as your intent in being a part of the company’s organization. To have an idea on what a consulting cover letter is, you can view the downloadable sample templates.
53+ Consulting Templates - Microsoft Word (DOC), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator (AI) - START DOWNLOADING
Management Consulting Cover Letter
Healthcare Cover Letter
How to Write a Cover Letter
When writing a cover letter, as you might have noticed on the Cover Letter Samples presented, these components are present:
- Date. Indicate the date the cover letter will be submitted.
- Employer details. Write the name of the person you are submitting the letter along with the name of the business entity and the address.
- Opening salutation. Start your letter with a formal greeting.
- Body. This is the important part of the application cover letter. The following elements should be seen:
- Who you are and the reason why you applied for the vacancy
- What information you know about the company and your eagerness to be a part of the organization
- What will make you an asset to the company
- What makes you fit for the position
- Your interview request and availability
- Closing salutation. Formally close the letter. Put your name in full as applicant along with your handwritten signature.
3 Tips in Cover Letter Writing
With Professional Cover Letter Templates as your reference, follow these tips in cover letter writing:
If you are applying for a few job positions, make different job cover letters for each of those applications.
- Always give time in formatting and checking for grammatical and typographical errors.
- The content of your letter should be on point containing why they should hire you.
Internship Cover Letter
Financial Cover Letter
Dos and Don’ts in Cover Letter Writing
The following are the guidelines to follow in writing Cover Letter Formats:
- Do address the letter to the hiring personnel or manager.
- Do have a confident and positive tone on your sample cover letter highlighting your strengths.
- Do provide facts of your achievements as examples of your capabilities.
- Do not forget to proofread your cover letter. Always submit an error-free letter.
- Do not make long cover letters. Stick to only one page.
- Do not resort to flattery or exaggeration in convincing the employers through your cover letter.
- Do use simple words and sentence structures. Make your letter direct to the point.
- Do not reiterate what you have written on your resume or curriculum vitae. Instead, elaborate on the key points of your resume that is related to the position.
- Do not forget to affix your signature on the letter.
- Do not be casual in your letter. Maintain a professional and respectful tone.
Similar to a resume, a cover letter also requires much thought and effort. But by writing a good and a convincing consulting cover letter along with an effectively tailored resume will aid you in landing a job in the company you want to be part of.