When applying for a job in a company, you will not only need a resume, but also a great cover letter template as an introduction to a potential employer. A common mistake applicants make that can potentially cost them the job is the use of inappropriate cover letter salutation.
Just like in any job application, a person seeking a security guard position must follow the standard cover letter format. Using the proper formatting allows an applicant to represent himself and his unique set of qualifications effectively to the employer. In this article, you will find a set of downloadable cover letter samples perfect for security guard positions.
Professional Security Guard Cover Letter
Inexperienced Security Guard
School Security Guard
Security Guard Job
Security Guard Supervisor
Cover Letter Content Format Guide
Even with a weak resume, using strong cover letter example can help put your best foot forward and get the hiring party notice you among other applicants.
- Contact Information – Since a cover letter is considered to be a type of business letter, you have to write not only your personal contact information on the header, but also the basic information of the employer.
- Salutation/Greetings – When writing a cover letter, it is highly important to write a formal greeting, such as “Dear Mr. James Lee” or “Dear Ms. Jane Smith”. However, if you don’t know whom to contact, instead of using “To Whom It May Concern” or “Dear Sir/Madam”, use “Dear Hiring Manager” or call the company’s HR department and ask to whom you should be addressing your cover letter. Use this part to introduce yourself and how your career goals are aligned with the company’s set of qualifications.
- Marketing Yourself – This section should explain how your skills and qualifications can be a great contribution to their organization and how the position is perfect for you.
- Call to Action – Inform the hiring party how much you would love the chance to be interviewed and to discuss the opportunity of working in their organization. Lastly, thank them for taking time to read and consider your application.
Feel free to browse our library of job cover letter templates. You can download and modify them to match your personal information and qualifications.
Entry Level Security Guard
Head Security Guard
Security Guard Officer
Residential Security Guard
Essentials of a Great Cover Letter
In the competitive world of employment, writing a great application cover letter is more crucial than ever before because it is your chance to impress the hiring party by showing them how you and your skills are beneficial for the company. However, there are things you need to consider before writing a resume cover letter.
- The structure of your sample cover letter should effectively create a natural flow to make the reader follow and understand the message you want to convey.
- Since it is powerful communication tool, make sure to use simple words.
- Be unique by not copying the same words and pattern used by majority of the applicants.
- Make sure to use positive phrases.
- It should complement the information found in your resume.
- It must be tailored to the requirements and qualifications needed by the company for the position.
Make sure to view our best cover letter template and download for free the one that’s perfect for your purpose.