Renting a place is truly a practical way of saving money while being in the location that is right and appropriate for your needs. If you want to lease a space, you need to make sure that you will be organized in terms of keeping all the documents related to your lease. One of these documents is a lease receipt. A lease receipt is given to a lessee as a payment receipt either by the landlord, the cash register, or the owner of the property.
As a kind of an acknowledgement receipt, a lease receipt serves as a proof of payment for rental, tenure, or tenancy. This post is a collection of lease receipt templates and samples which you may use as references in creating your own sample lease receipt.
45+ Accounting Services Templates in PDF, Word, Excel, PSD, Google Docs, InDesign, Apple Pages, Google Sheets, Publisher, Apple Numbers, Illustrator - START DOWNLOADING
Lease Payment Receipt Template
Commercial Lease Deposit
Inclusions of a Lease Receipt
A lease receipt may be given to a lessee of a commercial property, a residential unit, or any other spaces that are available for rent. You can easily create a lease receipt by using a blank receipt template in formatting the layout and content of the document.
Though there are different kinds of lease receipts, their format and content are mostly the same. A basic lease receipt should include the following information:
- The description of the space
- The name of the lessee
- The total amount paid by the lessee
- The date that the payment for the space has been received
- The form of payment; which can either be in cash, check or credit. Cash receipt template samples are good references in creating a lease receipt if the payment has been made in cash.
- The name of the landlord of the property
- If not the landlord, the name of the person who received the payment
- The date when the lease receipt has been created
- The signature of the landlord
- The signature of the person who received the money
Lease Termination Agreement
Guidelines in Creating a Lease Receipt
A lease receipt is a very essential document that should be accurately made by the business and should be well kept by the lessee. Some of the guidelines that you may follow in creating a lease receipt include these items:
- Remember that a lease receipt is a form of payment receipt. Hence, you should precisely put the items that are needed to be found and filled out in the document. Payment receipt templates can be very helpful in creating different samples of lease receipts.
- Use any of our templates in creating your lease receipt. We have downloadable samples of a variety of lease receipt templates that can be used in different lease payment transactions.
- Be aware of the purpose on why the lease receipt has to be made. Make sure that you are knowledgeable about the transaction where the lease receipt will be used. This way, you can properly format the items that are related to the property that is rented by a lessee.
- Be precise with the amount that you will place in the lease receipt. More so, you need to make sure that you have written the write duration where the payment is for.
Follow these guidelines in creating a lease receipt so you can always transact with your lessees in a professional manner.