9+ Hotel Receipt Templates
If you’re the owner of a hotel, then you should know how important it is that customers are able to pay for their stay. Also, once they do have to make the payment, your hotel must be able to provide them with a list that contains all of the information which tells them about the amount that they need to pay. You may also see receipt samples.
The best tool that can help you out with that is undoubtedly a hotel receipt. And that’s why this article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to be able to properly come up with one.
Elements of a Good Hotel Receipt
When the time comes that you will be required to make a hotel receipt, then you should know that there are a few basic elements that you must never forget to include. You want to make sure that they’re all present in the receipt as, without them, it won’t be able to provide guests with the information they need regarding the payment for their stay.
So knowing that, here are the basic elements needed in order to come up with a good hotel receipt:
1. Guest details: It’s here where the receipt will need to point out all of the details regarding the guest and his or her stay in the hotel. Make sure that information such as the date of arrival, date of departure, the guest’s complete name, and the room number are all included.
2. Item descriptions: Whether a person has stayed a day or more in the hotel, there’s always the possibility that he/she has placed many orders that need to be paid for. So what the receipt is supposed to do is to point out all of the items that need to be paid by the guest. Make sure that when you provide descriptions for these items, you do so in a way that’s easy to understand.
3. Item and payment details: Right beside the item descriptions, you’re going to have to provide other information as well. Good examples would be the number of certain amounts and the amount that you need to pay for each one.
4. Name of the cashier: This is basically the person that’s responsible for issuing the receipt, meaning that his/her name has to be included in the event that there are issues which involve the receipt. Make sure that this person’s complete name is included so that identifying the cashier will not be any problem whatsoever.
9+ Hotel Receipt Samples
Hotel Receipt Template
Sample Hotel Receipt
Sample Hotel Receipt Template
Printable Hotel Receipt Template
Free Simple Hotel Receipt
Free Hotel Receipt Template
Sample Hostel Rent Receipt Template
Hostel Rent Receipt Sample
Hotel Receipt Template PDF Format
Editable Hotel Receipt Format
How to Make a Hotel Receipt
Now that you have managed to learn what it is that you should place within the hotel receipt, then the next thing that you are going to have to do is to learn how you should go about in making one. It won’t be enough to just learn the basic elements as there are still things that you have to do in order to make a proper receipt. It may sound like a tiring task, but it has to be done to ensure that the receipt provides all of the information that either party would need.
So with that in mind, here are the steps that will help you come up with a good hotel receipt:
1. Point Out the Details of the Person Who the Receipt Should Go To: The first thing that you’re going to have to do before you even make the receipt is to identify the person that you’re providing it to. This is very important as you want to make sure that you’re charging everything to the right person.
So what you’ll need to do is to include the following details:
- Name: This should be the name of the person who the payment is charged to. You have to make sure that his/her complete name is written down so that there won’t be any issues regarding identity. So include this person’s first name, last name, and middle initial into the receipt.
- Address: You’ll need this in the event that there’s a reason to either visit or send something to the guest’s location. Make sure that he/she provides address details such as the name of the city, state, zip code, etc.
- Date of arrival and date of departure: This is very important as it can basically tell you how many days the guest has stayed in the hotel, as well as help in figuring out the payments that he/she has accumulated during the entire stay. Make sure to write down the day, month, and year for both the arrival and departure date so that there won’t be any concerns regarding “when”.
- Additional information: This will include items such as the number of guests, the number of the room that was stayed in, invoice number, etc.
2. Write Down the Details Regarding Payment: It’s here where you’ll be focusing on everything that the guest will have to pay for during his/her stay in the hotel. All you have to do here is to point out the following:
- The description of each item: This is very important for both parties as either one would want to know exactly what has to be paid for. Make sure that there’s a proper description for each item to avoid any sort of confusion or misunderstanding.
- The quantity: This will definitely affect the total amount that has to be paid, meaning that you’re going to have to write down the exact quantity that certain items were ordered and purchased.
- The unit and total amount: It’s very important that you’re able to write down the individual amount for each item. Once you’re done doing that, then the next thing to do is to get the total amount for everything that has to be paid for.
Tips for Making a Hotel Receipt
- Make sure there are signatures: If you want to receipt to be legitimate and usable during certain circumstances where it’s needed, then you have to make sure that the right signatures are in. These signatures should come from both the person in charge of authorizing the receipt and the guest that has made the payment.
- Always check for any mistakes: The last thing that you want to do is to charge a guest for something that he/she didn’t order. To avoid something like that, you’re going to have to make sure that whatever is written in the receipt is 100% accurate. To make sure that it is, you’re going to want to go through the receipt at least twice before handing it over to the guest. That way, you should be able to spot and fix any mistakes that you could have possibly missed.
Types of Hotel Receipts
Now that you’re done learning how to make one, then you’ll need to know about the different types that you can make. Take note that there are a lot of hotel receipts and that each of them is meant for pointing out different types of payment. It’s something that you’ll want to know about as it will help you understand which one you should make for the right situation. So here are a few examples:
- Simple Hotel Receipt
- Fancy Hotel Receipt
- 5-Star Hotel Receipt
- Bed and Breakfast Hotel Receipt
- Hotel Hostel Receipt
If you want to learn more about the different types of hotel receipts that you can make, then you simply need to go online or through our site until you get the information that you need.
Hotel Receipt Sizes
Should the time come where you have to make one, you should know that the standard size would be 8.5 by 11 inches. This would be the typical size of an A4 or US. It’s best that you stick with the standard as just about anything else will look less professional. Although you can go with sizes that are slightly larger or smaller, it’s still best that you go with the standard size.
Hotel Receipt FAQS
What Can I Use to Make One?
If you’re going to make one, then know that there are a lot of different programs that you can use. Take note that the most common one would have to be Word programs, with the most popular one among them being Microsoft Word due to its relative ease of use. When it comes to choosing one, all you have to do is see which one you’re comfortable with as well as which one has all the tools that you’re going to need.
Is There an Easy Way to Make One?
Yes. What you’re going to need would be a hotel receipt template, the program that you’ve chosen to install and use it to open it, and make whatever changes you feel are needed. If you like, you can make use of the templates that are available in this article should any of them be of use to you.
Although it’s not the hardest thing to make, you’re still going to have to make sure that it’s well-made. So be sure to use all of the information presented in this article to make sure that you are able to do so.