Many charities are always looking to receive funding for their activities. In exchange for funding, these organizations may also release receipts as a sign that they have received the money. In that case, these organizations may be in need of a Donation Receipt Template to certify the transaction.
Organizations that donate to charity can use things like a Deposit Receipt Template in order to add the amount of the donation to their tax deductibles. Which is all the more reason why the receiving institution should issue receipts. Learn more about documents of this kind by browsing through out list of items and tips.
School Fundraiser Receipt
Fundraiser Tax Receipt
Email Donation Receipt
Printable Fundraiser Receipt
Non-Profit Fundraiser Receipt
Why Do We Need Fundraiser Receipts?
In most business transactions, the job is to provide a record of the transaction. For that, you could use basic Receipt Templates as a framework to make the receipts proper. But fundraisers need their own receipts, for reasons including:
- Record-keeping, as the receipt is a way for the donor to keep track of the money they spend on the recipient.
- Tax returns, as you can receive tax deductions for donating money or other things to charities.
- Accounting, as the organization can keep their own copies of receipts of transactions so that they can assess how much money they receive via donations.
What Can You Find in a Fundraiser Receipt?
Like other kinds of certificates, you can find some certain elements that have to be included in fundraiser receipts. As in other receipts, like a Tax Receipt Template, these elements have to be there for your receipts to be valid.
- Your fundraiser receipt should include the amount donated to the charity, as this would be necessary for both record-keeping and for tax rebates, if that is what you want.
- Your name and the charity’s should be included.
- The date of the transaction should also be on the receipts proper, so that it is clear when the transaction actually took place.
Fundraiser Receipt Book
Class Fundraiser Receipt
Guidelines for Fundraising Receipts
There are also some other things to consider for your fundraiser receipt templates. After all, there are some guidelines that would have to be followed for the eventual receipt (even Blank Receipt Templates) to work well, such as:
- For marketing purposes, you can include the charity’s name and logo. The receipt itself is an official document, and would need to carry the organization’s logo in order to represent it. The branding on the receipt can also be a subtle kind of advertising for anyone who sees it.
- You should also remember to include contact information, for the benefit of anyone who may want to donate to the charity. This includes those who have donated in the past, and any future donors, so they can get in touch with the organization easily.
- You may also want to insert space for donors to write their signatures. This can serve to make the receipt more official, as having the donors’ signatures can lend documents like these more weight.
Now that you have learned the value of the receipt, it doesn’t mean you need to keep every single one you get for buying donuts. They are essential, however, for substantial transactions, which is why we have placed these templates at your disposal.