10+ Sales Receipt Templates
Just about every company needs to be able to make a sale in order to strive within their respective industry. For everyone that they manage to make, there are instances wherein they need to provide their customers with a document which tells them the details about their purchase. You may also see receipt samples.
This type of document is what you would call a sales receipt and it’s something that you’re going to have to give during successful transactions. And that’s why this article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to be able to come up with a proper sales receipt.
Elements of a Good Sales Receipt
If you plan on making one, then you should know that there are a couple of basic elements that you must never forget to include. The reason as to why they’re needed is because without them, then the receipt won’t be able to provide all of the details necessary to learn about a specific transaction.
So with that in mind, here are the elements that you must have in every good sales receipt:
- Basic information on the buyer: You’ll obviously want to make sure that you issue the receipt to the right person, meaning that you’ll need to write down his/her correct information. Be sure to include this person’s complete name, address, and contact details.
- Name of the salesperson: Management will want to know who’s responsible for conducting the sale as they’ll want to evaluate as to whether everything was done right or not. Also, the buyer will also want to know the identity of the salesperson in the event that he/she has any concerns regarding the transaction. This means that if you’re the seller in the situation, you’re going to have to provide your complete name into the receipt.
- Receipt number: This is very important as the number can help in the event that you need the details of a particular transaction to address certain matters. Always make sure that you include this as not having it will make things much more difficult on your end when issues arise.
- Item details: It’s here where you’ll be pointing out all of the items that were transferred over to the buyer during a successful sale. Include details such as the type of items, the quantity in which they were sold etc.
- Prices: Since you’re selling these items, it’s obvious that each of them has a price. You must be able to write down the individual as well as the total price for everything that has been sold to the buyer.
10+ Sales Receipt Samples
Sales Receipt Template
Simple Sales Receipt Template
Sales Receipt Example
Blank Sales Receipt Template
Free Sales Receipt Template
Sample Sales Receipt
Blank Sale Receipt Format
Car Sale Receipt Template
Cash Sale Receipt Template
Simple Sales Receipt Format
Sample Vehicle Sales Receipt
Sample Car Sale Receipt Template
How to Make a Sales Receipt
Now that you’ve managed to learn what it is that should be in a receipt, it’s time for you to learn how you should go about in making one. Knowing what’s inside of one can help, but there are still things that you have to consider to ensure that the receipt contains all the information that it’s going to need.
So here are the steps that will allow you to create a proper sales receipt:
1. Point Out the Details of Both the Buyer and the Seller: Right from the very start, you’re going to have to place the information in regards to both the seller and the buyer of the transaction. This is very important as the two will want to learn about the identity of the other should there be any concerns regarding the transaction. Basically, it’s to make sure that they know who to go to and how to contact them should anything go wrong.
First, start with the identity of the seller. Aside from including the company name and logo, you’re also going to have to write down the complete name of the salesperson. Be sure to include the first name, last name, and middle initial to ensure that it’s clear as to who is responsible for handling the sale. Aside from that, it’s best that the receipt contains the seller’s contact details as well. Take note that you don’t have to do this, but you may do so if you wish.
Then proceed to write down the basic information of the buyer. Aside from his/her complete name, you’ll also need to include the address and contact information as well. This is to ensure that the receipt makes its way to the right hands, and so that the seller may contact the buyer for future purposes or if there are any problems regarding the transaction.
2. Write Down the Details of the Transaction: It’s here where you’ll be focusing on the information that the buyer will want to learn from the receipt. Depending on what was sold, this could either be a very long or short list. Remember that it’s important that you’re able to write down all of the details regarding what you’ve managed to sell to the buyer.
So start with the different types of items. Whether you’ve only managed to sell one or more of them, you’re going to have to place a clear item description beside every one that has been purchased. This ensures that both you and the buyer know exactly what was provided.
Then you’re going to have to write down the quantity in which each of these items has been sold. This will no doubt have an effect on the price so you’re going to have to be clear on how many of each item was provided.
And lastly, make sure to point out the price of every time. Take note that you’re going to have to provide the price for the quantity of each item sold, as well as the total amount.
3. Write Down How the Buyer Paid for the Items: This is something that you’re going to have to do as knowing the type of payment will help you understand the means by which the buyer will provide the money needed to make the purchase. The more payment options you give the buyer, the more you can guarantee that he/she can pay for the items. Clearly, point out how the payment was handled when placing it in the receipt.
Sales Receipt Tips
- Follow a format: No matter what kind of receipt you end up making, there’s always going to be a format that you’re going to want to follow. Doing so will ensure that you present all the information that both you and the buyer need in regards to a transaction, as well as making sure that everything is presented in an organized manner. You can check out the many different samples of sales receipts that you can find online and use them as a reference.
- Check for any errors: The last thing you want or the buyer to see while viewing the receipt is a mistake. You want to completely avoid things such as listing down the wrong item, writing down the wrong price or even getting the name of the buyer wrong. So what you’re going to have to do is to go through the receipt at least twice so that you can spot and fix these mistakes before handing it over to the buyer.
Sales Receipt Types
Know that there are many different types of sales receipts and just about all of them are used for different types of sales. It’s best that you know about all of them so that you’ll be able to figure out which one you’re supposed to create during a specific sales situation. So here are a few examples that should get you started:
If you want to learn about the other types that you can make, then you simply need to go through our site to get the information that you need:
Sales Receipt Sizes
If you’re going to make one, then know that the standard size would be 3.5 inches, with a width of 850 and a length of 350. These are normally used as they look professional, but there are some businesses that tend to go with slightly larger sizes as going lower will just make it harder to place information or make them easy to understand.
Sales Receipt FAQs
How Do I Make One?
If you want to make one, then you simply need to download a Word program that contains all of the tools that you need. One of the more popular ones being used to this day would be Microsoft Word as it’s relatively easy to get a hold of and use.
Is There an Easy Way to Make One?
Yes. You simply need to get a hold of a sales receipt template, use the program you’ve installed to open it and make whatever changes you want. You can use the templates that are available in this article should you wish to do so.
So long as you are able to go through this article thoroughly, then you should be able to make the most out of the information it provides so that you can make a proper receipt.