- File Formats
When a buyer and a seller have concluded a transaction, both will want a document that shows all of the details regarding the said transaction. It should include everything from what items were provided, the amount that was paid, the date and time in which the transaction was finalized, etc.
The one document that contains all of this information would undoubtedly be a receipt. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to be able to come up with your own printed receipt.
The first thing that you will need to learn when it comes to making a receipt would be the basic elements. They are what’s needed in order for the receipt to do what it is supposed to do: to provide both the buyer and seller all of the details regarding the transaction that took place between them. All receipts contain these elements and it’s your responsibility to ensure that they’re present.
So knowing that here are the basic elements that every good receipt needs:
1. Business Information: The recipient of the receipt will definitely want the document to have information on the business that is responsible for its creation. So it is here will you need to point out not only the name of the business but also other information such as the area in which it is located and contact details that will allow the buyer to make contact should there be any issues.
2. Prices, Products, and Services: Every receipt requires that you provide a list of all the good and service that the buyer gave to the seller. Then you must also point out the price of each and every one of these products and services. Take note that you will also need to provide the quantity of the goods and services provided as that will ultimately affect the price.
3. Subtotal, Taxes, and Total: It is very important the receipt is able to provide information on the amount that needs to be paid before the inclusion of tax, the amount of tax that will be added to the subtotal, and the total amount once everything has been added up. All of this information will be used to explain to the buyer as to how the total amount that needs to be paid has been calculated and to show if it was done correctly.
4. Transaction Record: The transaction record is basically information on the amount that was paid by the buyer. Also, it is here where you will need to point out the amount of change that the buyer received. If there is no change, then you still have to point out that the amount of change received by the buyer is zero.
Now that you have managed to learn about the basic elements, the next thing that you will need to learn would be the steps that will allow you to make a receipt. It is very important that whatever information that the receipt should contain is presented in a way that’s easy for both parties to understand. That means it is your responsibility to not only ensure that the receipt has everything it needs, but that it’s also made in a professional manner.
So with that, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper receipt:
1. Gain Access to Launchpad: If you plan on making a receipt in numbers, then that means you are going to have to gain access to Launchpad. Although there are also other types of programs that would allow you to make your receipt in numbers, Launchpad is considered as one of the easiest in terms of usage. So here are the things that you will need to do:
If you like, you can use the same process to help you come up with documents other than a receipt.
2. Make Your Receipt: Now that you know how to make a receipt in numbers, you must now make sure that the document contains all of the much-needed information. There are still details that you need to include to ensure that the receipt you end up making is able to serve its purpose. So with that, here are the things that you should put into your receipt:
1. Always calculate everything accurately: You will want to avoid issues such as buyers complaining about the total price that has been paid. What you are going to have to do is to look into the figures that are in the receipt and calculate everything accurately. Look into everything from the subtotal, the amount of tax, the total amount and even the prices of each item.
2. Make sure that there’s nothing lacking: Remember that the receipt is only able to do what it is supposed to if it has all of the information it needs. To make sure that it does, you will have to do your part and check to see if there is anything lacking or if there’s anything that you may have to change. It’s best that you do a double-check to guarantee that you went through the receipt in the most thorough manner possible.
The next thing that you will need to learn would be the types of receipts that you can create. Considering the fact that there are many different types of transactions that can occur, it stands to reason that there would also be many types of receipts. Knowing what they are will guarantee that you are able to create the right one for a particular transaction. So knowing that, here are a few examples:
If you would like to learn about other types of receipts, or if you want to learn about documents other than receipts, then all you have to do is to go through our site until you are able to find the articles with the information you need.
When it comes to any kind of receipt, it is always best to keep the design as minimal as possible. You don’t want any unwanted patterns or images in your receipt as they could potentially just be an eyesore. Keep thing simple to ensure that those who receive their receipts can easily find whatever information they’re looking for.
The easiest way to make a receipt, or nearly any other document for that matter, is by using a template. All you have to do on your end is to download the template that you want to use, open it with the appropriate program, and then make whatever changes that you think are necessary. If you like, you can make use of any of the templates that are available in this article.
Although making a receipt may seem easy, you still have to make sure that you are able to make it well. So long as you make full use of the information that is available in this article, then you should be able to come up with a proper receipt for your business.