If a customer makes an order and whatever he/she has requested for has been provided, then it’s natural that the customer would want proof that the transaction has been finalized. Both the service provider and the customer can benefit from knowing the details of the transaction as there may be issues that the two will need to correct.
And that’s why it’s very important that one is able to come up with a sales receipt as that alone can provide all the information that both parties need. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know about how to come up with a blank sales receipt, as well as what you should fill it up with.
If you’re going to make a blanks sales receipt, then know that there are a couple of basic elements that you must be aware of. These elements are something that you must be able to include in any sales receipt that you happen to make, that includes a blank sales receipt. Take note that without them, then neither the service provider or the customer will have a document that provides all of the necessary details regarding the transaction that took place.
So here are the basic elements that any good blank sales receipt must have:
1. Company Information: The customer will definitely want to know where the receipt originated from. So what you’ll have to do is to write down the name of the company as well as it’s logo. You can even decide to provide the company’s contact details and address should there be a need to do so.
2. Date: This would be the exact day in which the receipt was issued. Be sure to write everything from the month, day, and year so that there won’t be any issues regarding when the receipt was made.
3. Item Details: It’s here where you’ll be creating a list of all the items that have been ordered and delivered to the customer. Make sure that you are able to include information such as the description of every item that was purchased, the quantity that was ordered, and any other additional information that may be needed.
4. Payment Details: Don’t forget that a receipt means that the customer has paid for what he/she requested. Be sure to include the unit and total price for everything that was ordered.
Making a sales receipt is somethiing that those who run a business must be able to learn how to do. Although it may not seem entirely difficult, one must understand that knowing what should be in it is not enough to ensure that it’s able to convey all of the information regarding a particular transaction.
So knowing that, here are the steps that will allow you to properly come up with a blank sales receipt:
Depending on your circumstances, you may either make a receipt via a computer, or you can create one by simply making it by hand. Usually, it’s best that you stick to using a computer and printing one out as that way it looks much more professional. However, there are times where making a handwritten receipt is acceptable, especially in situations where they’re needed right away.
Should you decide to make a handwritten one, then you’ll want carbon copy receipts as those can help speed up the creation process. Also, always only make use of dark pen ink to write down all of the information that the receipt needs.
If you’re going to make one through the use of a computer, then what you’ll need are blank receipt templates and a program that allows you to open them. If you feel that you don’t need a template and that you want to start from scratch, then you can make use of certain programs that can help you do that.
It’s here where you’ll be pointing out all of the information that both parties can use to get all of the details regarding the transaction that has been finalized. So what you’re going to do here is to write down the following items:
1. Item Descriptions: This would be all of the items that have been ordered and delivered to the customer. It’s very important that you’re able to provide the complete item description as that’s what’s needed to help both the customer and the service provider to verify as to whether or not everything has been accounted for.
2. Item Quantity: The quantity is something that you must make sure is not mistaken. This alone can affect the total amount that has to be paid by the customer, so you’ll want to make sure that you write down the exact amount.
3. Unit price: This would be the individual price of every item that has been purchased by the customer. Remember that the unit price of any item can be affected by the quantity of what was purchased.
4. Total price: This would be the total amount of all the items that have been purchased by the customer. Be sure that you add up all of the different prices that has been written down to guarantee that there won’t be any issues regarding the amount that has been or has yet to be paid.
5. Payment method: It’s important to take note of how the service provider was paid by the customer. So it’s here where you’ll need to point out whether the payment was received via cash, check, credit card, etc.
Since there are many different types of sales receipts, it would only be natural that there would also be different types of blank sales receipts as well. By knowing what these types are, you’ll learn the purpose for each as well as which one you’re supposed to make that will fit the situation. Knowing that, here are a few examples:
In the event that you would like to learn more about the other types of sales receipt that you can make, then you simply need to go through our site until you get the information that you need.
If you’re going to make a sales receipt, then know that they can come in two different sizes:
The first of the two is usually used for more official receipts that contain more information. The second is usually only used during transactions where not much information is needed by either end. But both can be considered as the standard size for any sales receipt that can be made, making it much easier for the service provider and the customer.
The easiest way for you to make one is if you use programs such as Microsoft Word to help you. When choosing the right program, you just go with the one that has the right tools and is relatively easy to use.
No. There are just some transactions that aren’t specified within certain templates. Should that be the case, you’re going to have to use a blank sales receipt template and fill it with information that’s meant for a specific transaction.
Be sure that you are able to make the most out of all the information presented in this article. That way, you can guarantee that the sales receipt you end up making is one that contains all the information anyone needs to learn about a specific transaction.